Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Yet another early Ragga Soca track from T&T that proves the Vincies did not start it!

Credits
    Hey Socapineman once VP also fails to answer your 3 simple questions as I expect him to, let me know and I can provided you and the other readers of this thread with the answers to your 3 questions that I discovered many years ago when I was researching into this topic.

I can even give details of what inspired the person who coined the term "Ragga Soca" to come up with the term.

Socapineman's simple questions that VP and Crafty seem unable to answer:
    Since you and VP claim the Jamaicans have nothing to do with Ragga Soca......fair enough, can you please....

1) when was it defined as such Ragga Soca
    A textbook definition

2) By who...

3) and if you can provide the first songs or songs and year.

No long talk like Vp......thanks.

PS: We can expect VP to post a lot of fluff in an effort to distract from answering your 3 simple questions.
    socapineman likes this.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Socapine, my FRIEND, U R TRULY SLOW and that is why you are EASILY HOODWINK by SOCAPRO.

But I am here to RESCUE U from his CLUTCHES, because I PAY ATTENTION to DETAILS, which U obviously DO NOT.

LATA.

Smh, yeah Bro, lol....i am a Dunce, your time to shine !......the WWW is waiting....this is a defining moment for you here on Islandmix LLC.......waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Hey Socapineman once VP also fails to answer your 3 simple questions as I expect him to, let me know and I can provided you and the other readers of this thread with the answers to your 3 questions that I discovered many years ago when I was researching into this topic.

I can even give details of what inspired the person who coined the term "Ragga Soca" to come up with the term.

Socapineman's simple questions that VP and Crafty seem unable to answer:

PS: We can expect VP to post a lot of fluff in an effort to distract from answering your 3 simple questions.
    Can't wait... trust me !
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    Smh, Biggest stage......VP fail to answer the bell.....

Socapro,

Give him another night......he might be in Key West checking on his property......

#yellowbelly #Redbones #nopride #boom
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Smh, Biggest stage......VP fail to answer the bell.....

Socapro,

Give him another night......he might be in Key West checking on his property......

#yellowbelly #Redbones #nopride #boom
    Socapine, when have you KNOWN ME DUCK anything, even though I am not as ACTIVE on this FORUM like I used to be.

I have way BIGGER FISHES to FRY than SOCA-AMATEUR in these TIMES.

I am only doing this EXERCISE because of having some TIME on my HAND.

I have some again, so let me GO and READ UP on where I LEFT OFF.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Ok, fair enough, not you then VP......hold up....we getting off track again.....let's stay focus and dont make it personal, can you or not define the Ragga Soca era ?

Simple questions........the reason why, it seems imo that numerous islands such as Trinidad, St. Vincent, Grenada, Barbados, etc.....was fusing Reggae with Calypso and soca... .. so if that is the case, then VP claim is without merit and fair to say then those islands i pointed out had a major role in Ragga Soca. If it is defined by " slow down the beat.. "

So unless you guys can point to the exact date and song.. .it needs to stop, period.

Now, taking Socapro's definition.....ok, is t that not documented ?

Meaning......yeah, a lot did it before, but someone came with a legitimate definition and said this period......was Ragga Soca.....etc....

If someone is going to claim something......then prove the proof....it is that simple.
    I have gone over this like a ZILLION TIMES.

It is as if I am in another EPISODE of GROUNDHOG DAY.

U talking about FUSING REGGAE and CALYPSO and I am talking about BLENDING SOCA and REGGAE and MAKING IT ONE.

I have OUTLINED BECKET and FRANKIE McIntosh, BOTH VINCENTIANS, being CREATORS of RAGGA SOCA.

Not a TRINI LIVING in Jamaica and who was CLEARLY MAKING REGGAE MUSIC which were ARRANGED by a JAMAICAN and PLAYED by JAMAICANS.

How U could give CREDIT to TRINIDAD for that is NOTHING more than UNADULTERATED SHAMELESSNESS.

With VINCYLAND, EVERY SINGLE THING is VINCY.

The ARTIST is VINCY and the ARRANGER is VINCY.

This is a VINCY CREATION, ORIGINAL RAGGA SOCA, NUMBER ONE.

We doh NEED any ASSISTANCE from ANYONE, because we KNOW how to DO this SHIT right.

That being said, it started off with "COMING HIGH"

Then it went to "Dig ME Calypso"

Then "TONI"

Then you had "Cocoa"

Then it was "DOH EASE UP"

Then "REGGAE, SOCA, CABARET"

Then it was "CHARMAINE"

Then "ST. VINCENT I THANK U"

Then came "LOVE IS THE ANSWER"

Then it was "WHAT ABOUT U"

Then it was the SWEET SWEET "TONE"

Then It was "MARIE ANNE"

Then it was "RIGHTS"

Then it was "TEN YEARS"

Then it was "I CRY"

Then it was "SINCE AH SMALL"/DANCEHALL SOCA" - a WHOLE FIVE YEARS before BYRON LEE'S "DANCEHALL SOCA". That was what the GENRE was called DURING that TIME, COINED by Becket.

Then it was "WINE-O-RAMA"

Then it was "THEY DANCING"

Then it was "SCREWS"

Then it was "GAL AH RUSH ME"

Then it was "TEASER"

Look, I cannot GO ON anymore, because I will be here ALL NIGHT.

This is by ONE ARTIST and ONE ARRANGER from the 1970's, then the 1980's and then unto the 1990.

They NEVER EVER MISSED a DECADE.

There is NO DOUBT who CREATED RAGGA SOCA.

I have heard songs that yo u guys have posted and you can TELL they're not even BLENDED PROPERLY. Most of them sounded like the ARRANGERS were just TRYING something.

In other words, there is NO BLENDING OF REGGAE and SOCA. Where you can HEAR the SOCA and the REGGAE BLENDING SEAMLESSLY together as ONE SOUND/BEAT.

That is why VINCY is the FIRST COUNTRY to take RAGGA SOCA to the BILLBOARD CHARTS.

WE did again with "NOOKIE"

We were the RAGGA SOCA NATION, because we were THROWING out all the BIG HITS.

We GINE do it again with "BRAVE".

And we will CONTINUE to do it again in 2018, because it is the HEART and SOUL of VINCY MUSIC.

And watch out for us with AFROSOCA, which we are again at the FOREFRONT of this GENRE.

We have the BEST RAGGA SOCA PRODUCERS and WE HAVE the BEST AFROSOCA PRODUCERS.

We're the LEADERS of the PACK.

If you guys do not see me for a BIT, it is because I have BIGGER FISHES to FRY.

But I will CHECK BACK now and then.

LATA.

YUHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

PS: LISTEN to how REGGAE and SOCA BLENDED SEAMLESSLY to CREATE RAGGA SOCA.

AH WE TING this.

LATA

Credits
    Maaaaaan , i give up, i see nothing here backing up your claim.....

Anyway, if it works for you...good..
    Socapro likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567