Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 96
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Yet another early Ragga Soca track from T&T that proves the Vincies did not start it!

  1. #61
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,820,147
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Since SOCAPINE is EITHER too SLOW or too EMOTIONALLY ATTACH to the HIP of SOCA-AMATEUR, because he wants PIECE of the CREDIT to go to JAMAICA, courtesy of BYRON LEE and the DRAGONAIRES or even YELLOWMAN for the CREATION of RAGGA SOCA, that will not STOP me from DEMONSTRATING to MEMBERS and OBSERVERS that SOCA-AMATEUR is DOING NOTHING more than just "TALKING OUT OF HIS ASS" or MOVING the GOALPOST on the ISSUE of RAGGA SOCA.

    First UP, he said that the SONG by BECKET was "STRAIGHT SOCA" instead of RAGGA SOCA , even thought it has all the ELEMENTS that DEFINED the GENRE.

    Not only THAT, U can SEE BECKET and even PEOPLE DANCING to the SONG in a MANNER that is REMINISCING of REGGAE/DANCEHALL INFLUENCE.

    When someone could LISTEN to that SONG and says it is "STRAIGHT SOCA", U know that PERSON is EITHER LYING through his TEETH, is DELUSIONAL or SIMPLY KNOWS absolutely NOTHING about SOCA MUSIC.

    Moreover, I TOLD him to SHOW the PROOF that that SONG is "STRAIGHT SOCA", all NOW he CANNOT PROVIDE the EVIDENCE.

    But of COURSE, SOCAPINE, his LIKKLE PUPPET, has NOTHING to say on that SCORE. But I KNOW what that is all about, so I am not SURPRISE.

    Like I said, ANYONE who has an EAR for MUSIC can CLEARLY HEAR the REGGAE INFLUENCE in the ARRANGEMENT and BEAT of the song.

    I can BREAK DOWN the OBVIOUS TELL TALE SIGNS of this FACT, but I will SAVE it for LATER.

    Since he calls himself "SOCA-PRO", which is just PLAIN LAUGHABLE, let him TELL US why it is "STRAIGHT SOCA".

    Moreover, I have already CHALLENGED HIM and he has yet to PROVIDE (HE CANNOT PROVIDE the evidence, because he WILL NEVER EVER FIND another RHYTHM PATTERN like it unless it is from another FRANKIE MCINTOSH ARRANGED track) the EVIDENCE of a SONG that is SIMILAR to SHOW that it is "STRAIGHT SOCA" and he has NOT.

    It is because HE CANNOT.

    All he was doing was TALKING out of his ASS to CAMOUFLAGE his OWN INCOMPETENCE and PROPENSITY for LYING.

    It was because I used to EXPOSE his LYING ASS when he FIRST CAME to SOCA CHAT that LED him to PRETEND that he had me on IGNORE for all those YEARS.

    Anyhow, it is another way of SAYING, he was making a FALLACIOUS statement, because he CANNOT PROVIDE EVIDENCE to SUPPORT his CLAIM.

    Again, I CHALLENGE HIM to PROVIDE the PROOF that the SONG in QUESTION is "STRAIGHT SOCA".

    I MEAN, the CLAIM is so LUDICROUS and HILARIOUS that I should have just ENDED the ARGUMENT right there until he PROVIDED PROOF to SUPPORT his CLAIM.

    So here is my CHALLENGE to HIM, AGAIN, PROVIDE the EVIDENCE that the SONG by BECKETT above is "STRAIGHT SOCA".

    And here is my CHALLENGE for SOCAPINE.

    Let me see if U R MAN enough, instead of ACTING like a FANBOY, to tell SOCA-AMATEUR to PRODUCE the EVIDENCE that the SONG by BECKET is "STRAIGHT SOCA".

    GROW SOME BALLS, SOCAPINE.

    The BALL is NOW in your COURT.

    So we know the SONG is RAGGA SOCA as I have already POINTED OUT. The BURDEN NOW is on SOCA-AMATEUR to PROVE OTHERWISE.

    Talking out of his ASS by SAYING it is "STRAIGHT SOCA" is NOT EVIDENCE that it is not RAGGA SOCA.

    Well, ONLY if he is TALKING to his FANBOY and PUPPET that is, SOCAPINE.

    I have already EXPOSED many of his TALKING out of his ASS STATEMENTS (LARO'S SONG, EXPLAINER'S SONG, CHARLIE'S ROOTS' song, LORD SHORTY'S SONG, etc) so to SAVE TIME, I am not going to go into DETAILS again, because the FACTUAL EVIDENCE are there to SUPPORT my CLAIM.
    None of that hogwash argument you presented above is important unless you view the above song as Becket's first so-called ragga soca song!

    In my OPNION it is straight soca and in your OPINION it is ragga soca but really no one else but you cares about this as this is not important in the real world unless you actually view this Becket song as his very first ragga soca song. Let's agree to disagree and move on...

    I will address your argument about "Pump Me Up" in one of my coming posts.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  2. #62
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,651
    Credits
    65,137,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    All that hogwash VP posted just above cannot distract from the reality that based upon his own so-called definition of ragga soca which he says is: "Slow DOWN the BEAT and BOUNCE the MUSIC, MIXED a REGGAE and SOCA GROOVE" that there are numerous calypso/soca songs from T&T artists that were recorded and released before Becket's "Coming High" that featured those very elements mixed together at a groovy pace.

    Here are four for starters that predate (were recorded and released before) "Coming High":-

    Lord Shorty - Bajan Girl (1973)

    From Album : Gone Gone Gone
    Produced by Lord Shorty & Henry Antoine
    Arranged By Lord Shorty, Ralph Moore & Tony Mergel


    The Shadow - Reggae Calypso (1975)

    Written & Produced by Winston Bailey; Accompanied/Arranged by Art De Coteau

    Ed Watson & His Brass Circle - There's A Kind Of Hush (1976)

    From Album : One More Time
    Arranged By Ed Watson. 1976


    The Shadow - Treat Me Nice (1976/1977)

    Written by Winston Bailey; Accompanied & Arranged by Art De Coteau
    Produced by Richie's Music Productions


    Btw the only thing in Becket's "Coming High" that can be viewed as a reggae influence in my opinion are the lyrics about "coming high with marijuana" but musically "Coming High" is much more a fusion of calypso with elements of soca and with a jazzy brass line arrangement in parts. Becket's "Coming High" is no more a so-called ragga soca track than those four tracks above that predate it.

    Becket - Coming High (1977)

    Album : Disco Calypso
    Arranged By Frankie McIntosh
    Released : 1977


    In this regard and based upon VP's own comical Winston Soso definition of ragga soca (rather than on Kenny Phillip's ragga soca definition which makes much more logical sense) this same "Rass Mass" track by Explainer that VP is laughing at is just as much a ragga soca track as "Coming High" if not more so when you listen to the elements in the music especially the guitar work.

    Explainer - Rass Mass (1980/1981)

    Written by Winston Henry and Arranged by Godwin Bowen
    Produced by Rawlston Charles and Winston Henry


    But I like how VP conveniently ignored the other soca track from Explainer called "We Just Can't Go On This Way" from 1979 that I previously posted that has an even stronger reggae influence than "Rass Mass" and fits his Winston Soso so-called definition of ragga soca perfectly.

    Explainer - We Just Can't Go On This Way (1979)

    Written by Winston Henry and Arranged by Godwin Bowen, Produced by Boaex Records

    VP is a master of clownish distractions when he realises that he is being exposed for the fraud that he has always been but his clownish jackass distractions don't work on me for one minute as I'm focused on the point of this discussion thread that I started which is to expose the clownishness of VP's ragga soca argument.

    Based on VP's own Soso definition, the Vincies were not the first to do ragga soca even though I don't agree that the original recording of "Coming High" is a genuine ragga soca even by that Soso definition. It is simply a calypso and soca fusion track with similar guitar work that can be found in many earlier calypso recordings.

    SMH...at VP :

    First, let me say this VP....if your claim for Vincy is :


    "Slow DOWN the BEAT and BOUNCE the MUSIC, MIXED a REGGAE and SOCA GROOVE"

    Then What Socapro quoted for the World to see is then correct...yes or no....if no, why not per your definition ?

    that there are numerous calypso/soca songs from T&T artists that were recorded and released before Becket's "Coming High" that featured those very elements mixed together at a groovy pace.
    Socapro likes this.

  3. #63
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,651
    Credits
    65,137,501
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Since SOCAPINE is EITHER too SLOW or too EMOTIONALLY ATTACH to the HIP of SOCA-AMATEUR, because he wants PIECE of the CREDIT to go to JAMAICA, courtesy of BYRON LEE and the DRAGONAIRES or even YELLOWMAN for the CREATION of RAGGA SOCA, that will not STOP me from DEMONSTRATING to MEMBERS and OBSERVERS that SOCA-AMATEUR is DOING NOTHING more than just "TALKING OUT OF HIS ASS" or MOVING the GOALPOST on the ISSUE of RAGGA SOCA.

    First UP, he said that the SONG by BECKET was "STRAIGHT SOCA" instead of RAGGA SOCA , even thought it has all the ELEMENTS that DEFINED the GENRE.

    Not only THAT, U can SEE BECKET and even PEOPLE DANCING to the SONG in a MANNER that is REMINISCING of REGGAE/DANCEHALL INFLUENCE.

    When someone could LISTEN to that SONG and says it is "STRAIGHT SOCA", U know that PERSON is EITHER LYING through his TEETH, is DELUSIONAL or SIMPLY KNOWS absolutely NOTHING about SOCA MUSIC.

    Moreover, I TOLD him to SHOW the PROOF that that SONG is "STRAIGHT SOCA", all NOW he CANNOT PROVIDE the EVIDENCE.

    But of COURSE, SOCAPINE, his LIKKLE PUPPET, has NOTHING to say on that SCORE. But I KNOW what that is all about, so I am not SURPRISE.

    Like I said, ANYONE who has an EAR for MUSIC can CLEARLY HEAR the REGGAE INFLUENCE in the ARRANGEMENT and BEAT of the song.

    I can BREAK DOWN the OBVIOUS TELL TALE SIGNS of this FACT, but I will SAVE it for LATER.

    Since he calls himself "SOCA-PRO", which is just PLAIN LAUGHABLE, let him TELL US why it is "STRAIGHT SOCA".

    Moreover, I have already CHALLENGED HIM and he has yet to PROVIDE (HE CANNOT PROVIDE the evidence, because he WILL NEVER EVER FIND another RHYTHM PATTERN like it unless it is from another FRANKIE MCINTOSH ARRANGED track) the EVIDENCE of a SONG that is SIMILAR to SHOW that it is "STRAIGHT SOCA" and he has NOT.

    It is because HE CANNOT.

    All he was doing was TALKING out of his ASS to CAMOUFLAGE his OWN INCOMPETENCE and PROPENSITY for LYING.

    It was because I used to EXPOSE his LYING ASS when he FIRST CAME to SOCA CHAT that LED him to PRETEND that he had me on IGNORE for all those YEARS.

    Anyhow, it is another way of SAYING, he was making a FALLACIOUS statement, because he CANNOT PROVIDE EVIDENCE to SUPPORT his CLAIM.

    Again, I CHALLENGE HIM to PROVIDE the PROOF that the SONG in QUESTION is "STRAIGHT SOCA".

    I MEAN, the CLAIM is so LUDICROUS and HILARIOUS that I should have just ENDED the ARGUMENT right there until he PROVIDED PROOF to SUPPORT his CLAIM.

    So here is my CHALLENGE to HIM, AGAIN, PROVIDE the EVIDENCE that the SONG by BECKETT above is "STRAIGHT SOCA".

    And here is my CHALLENGE for SOCAPINE.

    Let me see if U R MAN enough, instead of ACTING like a FANBOY, to tell SOCA-AMATEUR to PRODUCE the EVIDENCE that the SONG by BECKET is "STRAIGHT SOCA".

    GROW SOME BALLS, SOCAPINE.

    The BALL is NOW in your COURT.

    So we know the SONG is RAGGA SOCA as I have already POINTED OUT. The BURDEN NOW is on SOCA-AMATEUR to PROVE OTHERWISE.

    Talking out of his ASS by SAYING it is "STRAIGHT SOCA" is NOT EVIDENCE that it is not RAGGA SOCA.

    Well, ONLY if he is TALKING to his FANBOY and PUPPET that is, SOCAPINE.

    I have already EXPOSED many of his TALKING out of his ASS STATEMENTS (LARO'S SONG, EXPLAINER'S SONG, CHARLIE'S ROOTS' song, LORD SHORTY'S SONG, etc) so to SAVE TIME, I am not going to go into DETAILS again, because the FACTUAL EVIDENCE are there to SUPPORT my CLAIM.

    Now, I MENTIONED "PUMP ME UP" by Krosfyah as being a RAGGA SOCA SONG. Like CLOCKWORK, what did SOCA-AMATEUR say?

    Well, he did what he KNOWS BEST, TALKING out of his ASS.

    I EXPOSED him to the FACT that the SONG by LORD SHORTY "BAJAN GIRL" is a SPOUGE SONG.

    Of course, what did HE DO?

    TALKED out of his ASS ONCE more as he did witht he BECKET SONG.

    He said the SONG is not ENTIRELY SPOUGE, as if he KNEW it was SPOUGE in the FIRST PLACE.

    This GUY is a REAL CLOWN.

    So what did he do with "PUMP ME UP"?

    He said "Pump Me Up" by Krosfyah is really soca with a traditional calypso beat and a Bajan spouge influence...."

    Now does that MAKE ANY KIND of DAMN SENSE???

    How could it be SOCA with a "TRADITIONAL CALYPSO BEAT" and "BAJAN SPOUGE INFLUENCE"???

    MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    That means that "PUMP ME UP" CANNOT BE SOCA in the FIRST PLACE because of the INFLUENCES he CLAIMS it has.

    But what MAKES THIS even MORE LAUGHABLE is the FACT that the FOOL did not even KNOW what the ASS SPOUGE was, else he would have KNOWN that the SONG by LORD SHORTY is SPOUGE, but here he is talking about PUMP ME UP has SPOUGE INFLUENCES.

    LOL n SMH

    Of course, he has NO EVIDENCE to SUPPORT his CLAIM outside of RUNNING his STINKING and DECEITFUL MOUTH, which SOCAPINE seems to have INHALED because he has to be TOTALLY UNDER the INFLUENCE of some KIND of BAD ODOR to not see the TALKING OUT OF HIS ASS responses by SOCA-AMATEUR.

    But just to CEMENT the FACT FURTHER, let me POST a SCREENSHOT of an EXCERPT from an ARTICLE that came out in the 1990's on "PUMP ME UP" and "RAGGA SOCA".



    So yes, SCHOOL is OVER ONCE MORE.

    So, my FRIEND, SOCAPINE, CONTINUE SMELLING the RUBBISH that COMES OUT of SOCA-AMATEUR'S ASS and I will CONTINUE to EDUCATE the people on the VINCY CREATED RAGGA SOCA.

    AH WE TING this

    We CREATED it in the 1970's. We NURTURED it from that POINT FORWARD to the PRESENT.

    BECKET is the only ARTIST that you can CITE from the 1970's STRAIGHT UP to the END of the 20th CENTURY when iut comes to RAGGA SOCA.

    He is the MASTER and the CREATOR alongside his COLLABORATOR Frankie McIntosh.

    They're the CREATORS of RAGGA SOCA.

    It is the HEARTBEAT and SOUL of VINCY MUSIC and that is why it is a VINCY who TOOK it GLOBAL and took the WORLD by STORM.

    We're the TRENDSETTERS, INNOVATORS and GROUND BREAKERS of this INDUSTRY.

    YUHHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEE


    OMG...VP, now is Lit.....

    First, nah....man, the facts are there, you just did'n make a case to me :



    Re :


    " because he wants PIECE of the CREDIT to go to JAMAICA, courtesy of BYRON LEE and the DRAGONAIRES or even YELLOWMAN for the CREATION of RAGGA SOCA, that will not STOP me from DEMONSTRATING to MEMBERS and OBSERVERS that SOCA-AMATEUR is DOING NOTHING more than just "TALKING OUT OF HIS ASS" or MOVING the GOALPOST on the ISSUE of RAGGA SOCA."








    Not really, I am more interested in the truth vs who did it first, etc......I have no issues if you can show me facts, etc.



    Re : That Becket....song, fair enough.....my position is what Socapro stated...more or less !




    Also, you do realize that Fab 5, Lovindeer, etc....was doing that style of Dancehall Soca/Ragga Soca... from Back into the 70, Early 80's..Way before Admiral Bailey teamed up with Byron Lee in mid 90's to do Dancehall Soca......





    Lovindeer did a few Soca Albums.....I can't locate this one, but it was from 1987


    " Soca Knights " ....Loindeer.... with the same def I am using.





    Here is one from him so you can get a feel of his style :



    Soca Bruck Out







    wHAT YOU CALL THAT sTRAIGHT sOCA ?
    Socapro likes this.

  4. #64
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,651
    Credits
    65,137,501
    VP...and I have more.......like i said....we all know there is a lot of Gray space.....etc...


    All I was asking is point to to a text Book def of when it was established as such and by whom, etc.



    BTW.....


    One for the Road...... wait...cant find it...he did another :
    Soca Agony...





    But I like this one...listen to the Word Play...... " Push Up Yuh Antennas "


    P. C. Party..............

    Socapro likes this.

  5. #65
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,392
    Credits
    43,996,903
    SOCA-AMATEUR, U have already LOST the DEBATE, because I have already EXPOSED your LIMITATIONS on the SUBJECT.

    PRETENDING and LYING will NOT SAVE U.

    Moreover, your WORTHLESS OPINION means NOTHING in these DISCUSSIONS.

    In other words, if U WERE in a COURT of LAW, the JURY would have FOUND U GUILTY of TALKING OUT of your ASS.

    The MERE FACT that U STILL CANNOT SUPPORT your OPINION of "STRAIGHT SOCA" means that you were TALKING out of your ASS.

    U should KNOW by NOW that I am a KEEN READER, thus I COMPREHEND what is WRITTEN.

    Moreover, I have something called COMMONSENSE, so I can DECIPHER what is WRITTEN before my eyes. So REGURGITATING the SAME NONSENSE is not GOING to MAKE your STUPID and LAUGHABLE ARGUMENTS CREDIBLE.

    U R now DISMISSED.

  6. #66
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,392
    Credits
    43,996,903
    Socapine, I know all about FAB FIVE and LOVINDEER.

    Come on BRO, I LIVE in NEW YORK and I have LISTENED to WLIB for DECADES. Moreover, I have gone to NUFF CLUBS BACK in the DAY. I practically LIVED in the CLUBS from FRIDAY to SATURDAY and then had to GO PLAY SOCCER game on Sunday.

    I do not need GOOGLE to HELP ME. I LIVED this SHIT for CLOSE to 30 YEARS.

    NEW YORK CITY, SPECIFICALLY BROOKLYN, was the HEART and SOUL of SOCA MUSIC.

    All the TOP PRODUCERS, LIKE Frankie McIntosh and Leston Paul all LIVED there.

    The TOP DISTRIBUTORS of SOCA MUSIC was RIGHT there in Brooklyn, Straker's Records, Charlie's Records and B's RECORDS.

    I LIVE this SHIT.

    The OWNER of STRAKER'S RECORDS is my COUSIN.

    The OWNER of B'S RECORDS, I have to CALL his FATHER UNCLE.

    I do not NEED GOOGLE for this SHIT. All I need GOOGLE for is to GET the INFO that I ALREADY have in my HEAD. Unfortunately, MANY of the STUFF that I know cannot be FOUND on GOOGLE SEARCH, because the INFORMATION is just NOT there.

  7. #67
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,651
    Credits
    65,137,501
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Socapine, I know all about FAB FIVE and LOVINDEER.

    Come on BRO, I LIVE in NEW YORK and I have LISTENED to WLIB for DECADES. Moreover, I have gone to NUFF CLUBS BACK in the DAY. I practically LIVED in the CLUBS from FRIDAY to SATURDAY and then had to GO PLAY SOCCER game on Sunday.

    I do not need GOOGLE to HELP ME. I LIVED this SHIT for CLOSE to 30 YEARS.

    NEW YORK CITY, SPECIFICALLY BROOKLYN, was the HEART and SOUL of SOCA MUSIC.

    All the TOP PRODUCERS, LIKE Frankie McIntosh and Leston Paul all LIVED there.

    The TOP DISTRIBUTORS of SOCA MUSIC was RIGHT there in Brooklyn, Straker's Records, Charlie's Records and B's RECORDS.

    I LIVE this SHIT.

    The OWNER of STRAKER'S RECORDS is my COUSIN.

    The OWNER of B'S RECORDS, I have to CALL his FATHER UNCLE.

    I do not NEED GOOGLE for this SHIT. All I need GOOGLE for is to GET the INFO that I ALREADY have in my HEAD. Unfortunately, MANY of the STUFF that I know cannot be FOUND on GOOGLE SEARCH, because the INFORMATION is just NOT there.


    Maaaaan VP, I don't know if I should just SMH.....or what, I can't LOL.........sad, SMH regarding what I wrote.




    Yeah Man, we live that....Happy that at least we can reminiscing on it.....but , who is asking you to google anything ? ......the point of my last 2 posts again is to point out to you or Socapro or whoever reading, as far as the " official definition " of DanceHall Soca/ Ragga Soca is concern.....we had an influence in it....to not rightfully mention the Yardies is just plain Playa Hating and Selfish.....simple as that......like I said, even a footnote would do.



    But, you just skipped over what I said to make it about you.....sad, and very telling !



    My last point...... We have been in the Game...we not new to this !


    I was just pointing out to you we have been doing those styles ....clearly it was us toasting on these tracks......



    Anyway...it is pointless when dealing with Playa Haters....

    Later !




  8. #68
    Registered User Mr_Crafty's Avatar Mr_Crafty is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    S.V.G
    Posts
    1,492
    Credits
    46,900,922
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post


    Maaaaan VP, I don't know if I should just SMH.....or what, I can't LOL.........sad, SMH regarding what I wrote.




    Yeah Man, we live that....Happy that at least we can reminiscing on it.....but , who is asking you to google anything ? ......the point of my last 2 posts again is to point out to you or Socapro or whoever reading, as far as the " official definition " of DanceHall Soca/ Ragga Soca is concern.....we had an influence in it....to not rightfully mention the Yardies is just plain Playa Hating and Selfish.....simple as that......like I said, even a footnote would do.



    But, you just skipped over what I said to make it about you.....sad, and very telling !



    My last point...... We have been in the Game...we not new to this !


    I was just pointing out to you we have been doing those styles ....clearly it was us toasting on these tracks......



    Anyway...it is pointless when dealing with Playa Haters....

    Later !



    Yo Pineman, now i respect you more than that lying dilapidated p.o.s name socahoe, but c'mon dude with that byron lee nonsense, ninjaman u get a pass pon dat, i see ur point there with the chanting element.....but Byron Lee get ragga soca straight outta vincy land, just like dem trinis.

    Just look at becket teaser from 1990, dey song wey yo pardy byron lee get d ragga soca style from. Arhyo feel man chupit. d whole ah dat album is fkin ragga soca from soca rock, love to party, teaser, gal a rush me, too much iron etc. ALso on d album, gal a rush me and teaser had official remixes with the chanting style running right through dem.

    Now nikka u know dat was a big fkin album, u know teaser n gal a rush me mash up d place.

    U know Byron Lee is one d fus man run go remix teaser, u know he n becket fall out cyah him na pay becket no money fo he chune til becket sing chune pon him...yo na believe me go check out "piece ah me brass" by Becket.


    ^^Byron Lee remaking a vincy RAGGA SOCA chune.

    Now check out how d Panamanians



    Now Ninja man ting, i get ur point, but like i said Byron Lee get that shit straight from vincy land

    respect
    "Gaza man crazy...dem in jail"

  9. #69
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,820,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Crafty View Post
    Yo Pineman, now i respect you more than that lying dilapidated p.o.s name socahoe, but c'mon dude with that byron lee nonsense, ninjaman u get a pass pon dat, i see ur point there. But Byron Lee get ragga soca straight outta vincy land, just like dem trinis.

    Just look at becket teaser from 1990, dey song wey yo pardy byron lee get d ragga soca style from. Arhyo feel man chupit. d whole ah dat album is fkin ragga soca from soca rock, love to party, teaser, gal a rush me, too much iron etc. ALso on d album, gal a rush me and teaser had official remixes with the chanting style running right through dem.

    Now nikka u know dat was a big fkin album, u know teaser n gal a rush me mash up d place.

    U know Byron Lee is one d fus man run go remix teaser, u know he n becket fall out cyah him na pay becket no money fo he chune til becket sing chune pon him...yo na believe me go check out "piece ah me brass" by Becket.


    ^^Byron Lee remaking a vincy RAGGA SOCA chune.

    Now check out how d Panamanians



    Now Ninja man ting, i get ur point, but like i said Byron Lee get that shit straight from vincy land

    respect
    FYI Byron Lee has been routinely remaking and remixing calypso and soca hits annually since from the 1960's thru to the 1970's and 1980's and has been adding their own Jamaican flavour to those calypso and soca remakes including adding dancehall chanting elements once raggamuffin dancehall became popular in Jamaica.

    In addition Byron Lee also regularly took some popular Jamaican tunes and socarized them and added the Jamaican dancehall flavour. For example here is a Bryon Lee hit soca remake that was massive in T&T in 1986 long before he did a remake of "Lady Teaser" in 1990.

    Byron Lee & The Dragonaires - Soca Girl (1986)

    Written by Anthony Davis; Arranged by Neville Hinds & Charles Dougherty;
    Recorded at Dynamic Sounds Studios; Produced by Byron Lee & Neville Hinds


    There is no way on earth that Vincy artists can claim they were fusing dancehall elements with soca before Byron Lee unless you'll are living in some sort of parallel universe.
    This is why some Trini artists have even credited Byron Lee as being the first group they heard who were regularly fusing dancehall with soca like Slick D (the chanter) says in this the 1989 hit song below from about half way thru the song.

    Style - O.C Blackman & Upstream feat Slick D - VA (1989)

    Written by O.C Blackman and produced and arranged by Kenny Phillips
    Video Shoot directed and edited by Timmy Mora assisted by David Narine.


    Most Trini adults grew-up hearing Byron Lee regularly doing the soca and dancehall fusion in their songs during the 1980's especially in their live performances as Byron Lee practically played annually at T&T Carnivals during the 1980's when dancehall reggae started to make a major impact throughout the Caribbean and around the world.

    PS:
    Can you please provide hard evidence that you Vincies were doing so-called ragga soca before the Jamaicans and Trinis?

    Your citing of Byron Lee doing a remake of "Lady Teaser" in 1990 does not stand up as evidence because Byron Lee was fusing soca with dancehall especially in their live performances long before 1990.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  10. #70
    Registered User Mr_Crafty's Avatar Mr_Crafty is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    S.V.G
    Posts
    1,492
    Credits
    46,900,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    FYI Byron Lee has been routinely remaking and remixing calypso and soca hits annually since from the 1960's thru to the 1970's and 1980's and has been adding their own Jamaican flavour to those calypso and soca remakes including adding dancehall chanting elements once dancehall became popular in Jamaica.

    In addition Byron also regularly took some popular Jamaican tunes and socarized them and added the Jamaican dancehall flavour.
    For example here is a Bryon Lee hit that was massive in T&T in 1986 long before he did a remake "Lady Teaser" in 1990.

    Byron Lee & The Dragonaires - Soca Girl (1986)

    Written by A. Davis; Arranged by Neville Hinds & Charles Dougherty;
    Recorded at Dynamic Sounds Studios; Produced by Byron Lee & Neville Hinds


    There is no way on earth that Vincy artists can claim they were fusing dancehall elements with soca before Byron Lee unless you'll are living in some sort of parallel universe.
    This is why some Trinis artists have even credited Byron Lee as being the first group they heard who were regularly fusing dancehall with soca like Slick D (the chanter) says in this the 1989 hit song below from half way thru the song.

    Style - O.C Blackman & Upstream feat Slick D - VA (1989)

    Written by O.C Blackman and produced and arranged by Kenny Phillips
    Video Shoot directed and edited by Timmy Mora assisted by David Narine.


    Most Trini adults grew-up hearing Byron Lee regularly doing the soca and dancehall fusion in their songs during the 1980's especially in their live performances as Byron Lee practically played annually at T&T Carnivals during the 1980's when dancehall reggae started to make a major impact throughout the Caribbean and around the world.

    PS:
    Can you please provide hard evidence that you Vincies were doing so-called ragga soca before the Jamaicans and Trinis?
    Your citing of Byron Lee doing a remake of "Lady Teaser" in 1990 does not stand up as evidence because Byron Lee was fusing soca with dancehall especially in their live performances long before 1990.
    Lady teaser isn't a dancehall n soca fusion? are you going deaf? what about the Panamanian lemme guess daiz merengue n not soca n dancehall mixed

    secondly u trinis ain't bring d chanting style to soca neither..... shit couple years ago vp even post a song from st kitts with that style from the 80's that predates anything outta trinidad

    nikka dis ################in chune by touch in 1985 prove u nikkaz aint bring no chanting style to soca

    from 5:18


    this whole song (1986) is a remix of a reggae chune done is soca style



    Nikka all d goal post moving u do throughout dis thread just prove yousa ole fraud like vp said. U nikkaz ain add shit to vincy ragga soca dat wasn't dere already, now keep moving, d only man could talk, when it come to chanting, is Yellow (accidentally typed ninja in the post above).. N even still chanting alone dor mek a song ragga soca.

    N We already proved we bin doin it before ya ####################ass my dude
    "Gaza man crazy...dem in jail"

  11. #71
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,820,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Crafty View Post
    Lady teaser isn't a dancehall n soca fusion? are you going deaf? what about the Panamanian lemme guess daiz merengue n not soca n dancehall mixed

    secondly u trinis ain't bring d chanting style to soca neither..... shit couple years ago vp even post a song from st kitts with that style from the 80's that predates anything outta trinidad

    nikka dis ################in chune by touch in 1985 prove u nikkaz aint bring no chanting style to soca

    from 5:18


    this whole song (1986) is a remix of a reggae chune done is soca style



    Nikka all d goal post moving u do throughout dis thread just prove yousa ole fraud like vp said. U nikkaz ain add shit to vincy ragga soca dat wasn't dere already, now keep moving, d only man could talk, when it come to chanting, is Yellow (accidentally typed ninja in the post above).. N even still chanting alone dor mek a song ragga soca.

    N We already proved we bin doin it before ya ####################ass my dude
    Hold on my friend, I never argued that the Byron Lee version of "Lady Teaser" is not dancehall and soca fused. What I pointed out was that Byron Lee did that remake in 1990 but Byron Lee had been doing that fusion style long before 1990 which is why I posted this track from 1986 as an example.

    Byron Lee & The Dragonaires - Soca Girl (1986)

    Written by Anthony Davis; Arranged by Neville Hinds & Charles Dougherty;
    Recorded at Dynamic Sounds Studios; Produced by Byron Lee & Neville Hinds


    Also regarding the chanting style fused with reggae and soca Lord Laro did that style featuring a dancehall DJ called Trinity in 1981 in a song called "Irie Tempo" which I have already posted to this thread.

    Because "Irie Tempo" was such a massive hit for T&T Carnival 1981 it inspired other calypso and soca artists to start regularly using Dancehall DJ style chanting in their soca tunes from thereon and thus dancehall soca started to be developed during the 1980's ultimately leading to the official birth of ragga soca as a popular soca sub-genre by the early 1990's.

    As I have been saying all along you Vincies did not do dancehall soca/ragga soca before the Trinis and Jamaicans did it going by either VP's 1995 Winston Soso definition or by producer Kenny Phillips 1993 RaggaSoca definition but you'll have contributed towards its evolution no doubt as have the Trinis, Jamaicans, Bajans and others from around the Caribbean.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  12. #72
    Registered User Mr_Crafty's Avatar Mr_Crafty is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    S.V.G
    Posts
    1,492
    Credits
    46,900,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Hold on my friend, I never argued that the Byron Lee version of "Lady Teaser" is not dancehall and soca fused. What I pointed out was that Byron Lee did that remake in 1990 but Byron Lee had been doing that fusion style long before 1990 which is why I posted this track from 1986 as an example.

    Byron Lee & The Dragonaires - Soca Girl (1986)

    Written by Anthony Davis; Arranged by Neville Hinds & Charles Dougherty;
    Recorded at Dynamic Sounds Studios; Produced by Byron Lee & Neville Hinds


    Also regarding the chanting style fused with reggae and soca Lord Laro did that style featuring a dancehall DJ called Trinity in 1981 in a song called "Irie Tempo" which I have already posted to this thread.

    Because "Irie Tempo" was such a massive hit for T&T Carnival 1981 it inspired other calypso and soca artists to start regularly using Dancehall DJ style chanting in their soca tunes from thereon and thus dancehall soca started to be developed during the 1980's ultimately leading to the official birth of ragga soca as a popular soca sub-genre by the early 1990's.

    As I have been saying all along you Vincies did not do dancehall soca/ragga soca before the Trinis and Jamaicans did it going by either VP's 1995 Winston Soso definition or by producer Kenny Phillips 1993 RaggaSoca definition but you'll have contributed towards its evolution no doubt as have the Trinis, Jamaicans, Bajans and others from around the Caribbean.
    Yeah well vincies doin that style long before byron lee



    Becket also had a song from 1980/1981 called cocoa dub ( a remix to cocoa), similar style to love dub 1984, with a jamaican artist chanting on d song. So i still ain't buying u nikkaz start anything fuss, u jus lucky we cyah get a hold of certain chunes n show you...but that pic above is proof. N ah doh k way yo say aryo still teef d ragga soca riddim from vincy, dem calypso chune u post from the 1970's and that 1973 track ain no fkin soca. I still doh buy yo story, once nikkaz could get a hold of certain chunes like the one in the pic above your whole asinine argument will be viewed as a joke.
    "Gaza man crazy...dem in jail"

  13. #73
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,651
    Credits
    65,137,501
    Mr Crafy,

    Ok, first, let's not go off on a tangent....Byron Lee.... huh.... what is definition of Ragga Soca from a dictionary that if someone asked you can point them to ?


    Next, regarding Byron Lee, he was a musician, businessman, record label owner, etc. .....seriously, what did or did you expect from him ?


    Along with his own original music every year that he went to Trinidad.......he's been going there from 1963....

    Then as a record company exec he put out a compilation of the the Best Soca music for that year..... si i ask again....why you making this about Byron Lee?



    Next, regarding Admiral Bailey and Byron Lee.......i just pointed out a few Jamaican artists that did the Dancehall style on wax before Lee and Bailey did the Dancehall Soca in mid 90s.


    Also, regarding moving the goal line

  14. #74
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,651
    Credits
    65,137,501
    Ok.....plese let us know when in you opinion that Ragga Soca started and the first track.......since this did not have nothing to do with the Jamaicans style of rappin , toasting freestyle on a track...per you andd VP....slow down the beat and bounce it...i would like for you to educate me or inform me so i can correct my misconception.. ....meaning , show me the definition,
    Then the start line, then the first track from St Vincent....

    Thanks...really would appreciate it.





    Thanks....pls do not go off on a tangent about Byron lee's remixes.... ...this man has done more for Soca than most labels, bands, etc... at best laughable that you would pick on him as if anyone stating otherwise......last point on lee.....all the artists got credit for any remixes and got paid.....check the album cover......

  15. #75
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,651
    Credits
    65,137,501
    Socapro,


    Funny, i asked VP ok...what is the startline, up to now.....nothing, the reason why i am bring up rhe start line is as you pointed out.....re Lord Laro......lol....well you left a lot out....he was born in Trinidad, was married to a Jamaican...well known for 52 yrs until she passed away.........from in the mid 60s he was living in Jamaica.......and loved it there........i guess they had some laws on the books that id you were in the army, no calypso tent. ..... so to my point.....i want to know their definition and start point.. ....because the Jamaicans style of rappin clearly influence every aspect of his music, at work, so hard to pit up a clip......but most of his music is fused with Mento, Ska, Reggae, Dancehall, etc......so again.....i want to know then....ok..waiting for them to give me the start line and the definition...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •