Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 96
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Yet another early Ragga Soca track from T&T that proves the Vincies did not start it!

  1. #16
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,392
    Credits
    44,002,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Why are you addressing Socapineman about Groovy Soca when he has never had any arguments about Groovy Soca being from Jamaica?

    In regards to Groovy Soca, I already explained to this Vincy knucklehead on a number of occasions that Soca is the genre and that Groovy just like Power describes the tempo and vibe of the soca songs.

    In regards to naming a music genre after a soca competition what you have been promoting as Vincy Ragga Soca since 2001 after you'll copied the original T&T Ragga Soca Monarch competition is based upon a competition. There was no soca music from Vincy land being branded as Vincy Ragga Soca until your Vincy Ragga Soca Monarch competition was started in 2001.

    Also because you'll have being routinely allowing soca songs into your Vincy Ragga Soca Monarch competition that clearly have no Raggamuffin chanting or Reggae dancehall elements over the years it has led you'll to also be classing straight soca songs at a groovy pace as Vincy Ragga Soca.

    All the evidence thus proves that your Vincy Ragga Soca is based on what soca songs are allowed entry into your Vincy Ragga Soca Monarch competition rather than on the logical elements of the music in many cases.
    In other words Vincy Ragga Soca is based on a competition that was copied by you Vincies from T&T in 2001.
    FACTS!!
    n SMH

    So your name is SOCAPINE too??

    Dude, RAGGA SOCA, which is CREATED in VINCYLAND is the HEARTBEAT and SOUL of VINCY MUSIC from the 1970's to the PRESENT.

    That is WHY IT comes NATURAL to US.

    It is in our BLOOD. It is in our VEINS.

    You can TELL who is the CREATOR and who has NURTURED this GENRE from BIRTH in the 1970's to the PRESENT.
    It is ST. Vincent and the GRENADINES.

    There is NO DENYING that FACT.

    SO all your SILLY SPINNING and FAKE EMOTIONALISM CANNOT CHANCE that FACT.

    As Winston Soso RIGHTLY STATED in his song "RAGGA SOCA", it is all in the SOUND/BEAT/RHYTHM.

    He said:
    SLOWDOWN THE BEAT AND BOUNCE THE MUSIC
    MIX A REGGAE AND SOCA GROOVE
    AH LIKE WHAT I HEAR WITH SOME SIMPLE LYRICS
    NOW THIS IS MY RAGGA SOCA CHUNEEEE


    Ah VINCY THING THIS!

    LET ME GIVE U another BIG RAGGA SOCA.



    AH VINCY THING THIS.

    WE DO IT IN ALL KIND OF DIFFERENT STYLES and PATTERNS.

    AH SO WE VERSATILE.

    YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEE MEEEEEEE

  2. #17
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    n SMH
    As Winston Soso RIGHTLY STATED in his song "RAGGA SOCA", it is all in the SOUND/BEAT/RHYTHM.

    He said:
    SLOWDOWN THE BEAT AND BOUNCE THE MUSIC
    MIX A REGGAE AND SOCA GROOVE
    AH LIKE WHAT I HEAR WITH SOME SIMPLE LYRICS
    NOW THIS IS MY RAGGA SOCA CHUNEEEE


    Ah VINCY THING THIS!
    Can you post that Winston Soso song here with its accurate year of release?

    If it does not predate 1993 then it proves that Soso did nothing new or innovative from a musical or lyrical perspective and was just following an already established music trend.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  3. #18
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,392
    Credits
    44,002,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Can you post that Winston Soso song here with its accurate year of release?

    If it does not predate 1993 then it proves that Soso did nothing new or innovative from a musical or lyrical perspective and was just following an already established music trend.
    U REAL DOTISH yes.

    Of course he FOLLOWED an ALREADY ESTABLISHED TREND.

    One ALREADY ESTABLISHED by VINCYLAND since the 1970's.

    He just TOLD U KNUCKLEHEADS who do not know what the ESSENCE of what RAGGA SOCA IS, what IT IS.

    Slow DOWN the BEAT and BOUNCE the MUSIC, MIXED a REGGAE and SOCA GROOVE.

    It doesn't GET CLEARER and SIMPLER than that.

    It IS ONLY a VINCY who could have EXPLAINED this LYRICALLY in MUSIC because it is the HEARTBEAT and SOUL of VINCY MUSIC.

    As Troots and Ice said in the SONG SENORITA:

    TROOTS AND ICE COMING DOWN PON YUH VERSION
    ORIGINAL RAGGA SOCA
    NUMBER ONE


    AH VINCY TING this, because it COMES NATURAL to US, because we CREATED IT and NURTURED IT to where we can FLIP IT in all DIFFERENT STYLES and PATTERNS that have you and the OTHERS BAZODEE.

    AH VINCY THING THIS.

    LISTEN CHUNE!!

    It is the SOUL and HEARTBEAT of VINCY MUSIC.

  4. #19
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    U REAL DOTISH yes.

    Of course he FOLLOWED an ALREADY ESTABLISHED TREND.

    One ALREADY ESTABLISHED by VINCYLAND since the 1970's.

    He just TOLD U KNUCKLEHEADS who do not know what the ESSENCE of what RAGGA SOCA IS, what IT IS.

    Slow DOWN the BEAT and BOUNCE the MUSIC, MIXED a REGGAE and SOCA GROOVE.

    It doesn't GET CLEARER and SIMPLER than that.
    Hold on here! So based on that so-called definition of Ragga Soca by Winston Soso who you say was already following a trend started by you Vincies in the 1970's, this tune here by Ed Watson recorded in late 1975 for his early 1976 album is a ragga soca also then?

    Ed Watson & His Brass Circle - There's A Kind Of Hush (1976)

    From Album : One More Time
    Arranged By Ed Watson. 1976


    Can you post the so-called Vincy Ragga Soca tune(s) that predates this above Ed Watson track then if you wish to prove that you Vincies started so-called Ragga Soca and it is not just an obvious drug induced delusion you are promoting as fact?
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  5. #20
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,738
    Credits
    67,798,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    VP is simply living up to his deluded circus clown status once again because anyone with common sense who knows soca music will know that that Clymax song he posted above in post #9 has no Jamaican patwa aka raggamuffin chanting element or even a Jamaican reggae or Jamaican dancehall music element.
    So how on earth can it be logically classed as a ragga soca in anyone's mind unless they are musically illiterate or are on some sort of mind altering substance!
    Exactly, VP is an evader, just refuse to answer and questions in simple terms. Sad.
    Socapro likes this.

  6. #21
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,738
    Credits
    67,798,151
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    I ADDRESSED your DANCEHALL SOCA POST.

    MENTO and REGGAE is not RAGGA SOCA.

    Just LIKE CALYPSO is NOT SOCA.

    ARYO will DO anything to HIDE the FACT that VINCYLAND is the BIRTHPLACE of RAGGA SOCA.

    It is the HEARTBEAT of VINCY MUSIC.

    But it is QUITE AMUSING how ARYO ABANDONED the GIRLIE GROOVY SOCA talk.

    Look how many times I TOLD U all KNUCKLEHEADS that it was not a GENRE of MUSIC.

    I layed out the FACTS, THE EVIDENCE, the TRUTH and ARYO still with the SILLY SPINNING trying to MANUFACTURE a GENRE out of a SOCA MONARCH COMPETITION CREATED by a GRENADIAN by the NAME of Wiliam Munro.

    Now LOOK at ARYO NOW.


    Smh, bro, you evading the question, please define what is Dancehall Soca ?


    And then point me to the first recorded track that you claim is from St Vincent....can you at least do that and try to stay focus ?

  7. #22
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,392
    Credits
    44,002,903
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Smh, bro, you evading the question, please define what is Dancehall Soca ?


    And then point me to the first recorded track that you claim is from St Vincent....can you at least do that and try to stay focus ?
    I have DONE this like a ZILLION TIMES ALREADY over a DECADE and a HALF.

    I am always FOCUSED.

    Is this GROUNDHOG DAY??

  8. #23
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,392
    Credits
    44,002,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Hold on here! So based on that so-called definition of Ragga Soca by Winston Soso who you say was already following a trend started by you Vincies in the 1970's, this tune here by Ed Watson recorded in late 1975 for his early 1976 album is a ragga soca also then?

    Ed Watson & His Brass Circle - There's A Kind Of Hush (1976)

    From Album : One More Time
    Arranged By Ed Watson. 1976


    Can you post the so-called Vincy Ragga Soca tune(s) that predates this above Ed Watson track then if you wish to prove that you Vincies started so-called Ragga Soca and it is not just an obvious drug induced delusion you are promoting as fact?
    GEEZAS, U DOH even KNOW REGGAE music when U hear it.

    I am SUGGESTING that you GO and LISTEN to some STUDIO ONE music, some TREASURE ISLE MUSIC or some TROJAN RECORDS, so you can get ACQUINTED with REGGAE and ROCK STEADY music, because CLEARLY U do not KNOW any of those GENRES and for sure U do not KNOW anything about the VINCY CREATED RAGGA SOCA MUSIC.

    n SMH@that SONG being RAGGA SOCA

  9. #24
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    11,738
    Credits
    67,798,151
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    GEEZAS, U DOH even KNOW REGGAE music when U hear it.

    I am SUGGESTING that you GO and LISTEN to some STUDIO ONE music, some TREASURE ISLE MUSIC or some TROJAN RECORDS, so you can get ACQUINTED with REGGAE and ROCK STEADY music, because CLEARLY U do not KNOW any of those GENRES and for sure U do not KNOW anything about the VINCY CREATED RAGGA SOCA MUSIC.

    n SMH@that SONG being RAGGA SOCA
    Yeaaaaaaaaah ok, so you can't define it, just what I figured, sad, you just like to waste time and drag things out......


    You have failed to convince me plus a lot of ppl here that you can back up the Big Talk.....I can find numerous tracks that that predates that....anyway, you just like to waste time.....later !
    Socapro likes this.

  10. #25
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    GEEZAS, U DOH even KNOW REGGAE music when U hear it.

    I am SUGGESTING that you GO and LISTEN to some STUDIO ONE music, some TREASURE ISLE MUSIC or some TROJAN RECORDS, so you can get ACQUINTED with REGGAE and ROCK STEADY music, because CLEARLY U do not KNOW any of those GENRES and for sure U do not KNOW anything about the VINCY CREATED RAGGA SOCA MUSIC.

    n SMH@that SONG being RAGGA SOCA
    Ducking and weaving as per usual to evade facing reality but you are fooling no one with any intelligence who is reading. You either post the Vincy ragga soca track(s) which predate that Ed Watson soca and reggae fusion track or concede that you have been lying all this time but can fool no one with any music intelligence about any SVG artist inventing ragga soca or being the first to fuse reggae with soca or even reggae with calypso.

    Note I never argued that the Ed Watson track I posted is a raggasoca but it is clearly a fusion of soca and reggae and based upon your Winston Soso definition of ragga soca is comically also a ragga soca track.
    Lets take a listen to the Ed Watson soca and reggae fusion track again...

    Ed Watson & His Brass Circle - There's A Kind Of Hush (1976)

    From Album : One More Time
    Arranged By Ed Watson. 1976


    Your Winston Soso definition of raggasoca speaks of no Jamaican patwa (aka raggamuffin chanting) element while the Trini definition offered by music producer and arranger Kenny Phillips in early 1993 when he coined the term "Ragga Soca" clearly refers to the Jamaican raggamuffin chanting element as being an essential ingredient in ragga soca music.

    Btw here is a David Rudder soca track with the same structure and fusion of elements of reggae and soca as the Ed Watson track I posted again just above.

    No Restriction - David Rudder (LIVE 1996)


    That early 1976 Ed Watson track was the first to feature the drop beat soca style that became a trademark of David Rudder's roots soca music style during the 1980's when Rudder established himself as our premier roots and message soca artist.


    Ragga Soca Definition

    RaggaSoca is a soca sub-genre that was branded by Kenny Phillips in early 1993 after that soca sub-genre had taken off with Byron Lee's massive 1993 T&T Carnival hit called "Dancehall Soca" that was written and sung by Preacher of T&T and Admiral Bailey of JA, and was arranged by Kenny Phillips of T&T and Neville Hinds of JA and produced by the legendary Byron Lee.

    Raggamuffin DJ style chanting was first heard in soca music in 1981 in a hit song called "Irie Tempo" by Lord Laro that was very popular during the T&T 1981 Carnival season but the term ragga soca was not coined until over a decade later in 1993 by producer/arranger Kenny Phillips in early 1993 during T&T's carnival season.

    The massive hit "Dancehall Soca" by Byron Lee & The Dragonaries (written and sung by Preacher of T&T and Admiral Bailey of JA and arranged by Kenny Phillips of T&T and Neville Hinds of JA) marked the start of the 1990's Ragga Soca craze when almost all the established soca artists decided to jump onto the ragga soca bandwagon.

    BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES - DANCE HALL SOCA - (MUSIC VIDEO)(1993)

    Sung by Preacher with Dancehall Chanting by Admiral Bailey
    Written by Barnett "Preacher" Henry & Kenny Phillips
    Arranged by Kenny Phillips & Neville Hinds
    Produced by Byron Lee


    The popularity of Ragga Soca in T&T during the 1990's ultimately led to the birth of the Ragga Soca Monarch competition in T&T in 1999 that was eventually adopted by the Vincies in 2001.

    The first person to produce an entire raggasoca riddim album was Chinese Laundry with his Pig Tail Riddim album featuring various soca and reggae artists in 1999. 1999 was by no coincidence the same year that the first Ragga Soca Monarch competition in history was launched in T&T during the 1999 Carnival season.

    Chinese Laundry - Most Of All (Pig Tail Riddim) [Soca 1999] [HD]

    Producer: Ken Holder
    Executive Producer: Chinese Laundry Music
    Recorded @ Link Up Productions


    Here is a nice DJ mix of some of the artists featured on the Pig Tail Riddim album that was released back in 1999 due to the ragga soca craze that had taken over T&T together with the Jump & Wave and Rapso soca crazes during the 1990's.

    DJ FREDO Pig Tail Riddim Mix Various artists (1999)

    Producer – Ken Holder, Executive Producer – Chinese Laundry Music

    Artists featured in this DJ Fredo Pigtail mix are:-

    1. Capleton - Fire
    2. Preacher & Isis - I Wanna Dance
    3. Third Bass & Destra - Just A Friend
    4. Chinese Laundry - Most Of All
    5. Ital D - Pig Tail Time
    6. Edwin Yearwood & Merciless - Queen Of The Pack
    7. Alison Hinds - Ready
    8. C.L. Sound System - Pig Tail Beats


    For full Pigtail Riddim album details go to this link: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Pig-...elease/1262227

    The recording evidence clearly shows that Ragga Soca was birthed mainly from a collaborative effort between Jamaica and T&T with important contributions later on from Barbados and then finally SVG in that order.
    I think the Bajans had a natural affinity to ragga soca from early in its life because spouge which the Bajans had developed in the 1960's via Jackie Opel, Desmond Weekes and others was mainly a fusion of ska with calypso and contains a similar fusion and vibe as ragga soca music which came later on after soca in the 1970's and then dancehall in the 1980's became established.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  11. #26
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,392
    Credits
    44,002,903
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Yeaaaaaaaaah ok, so you can't define it, just what I figured, sad, you just like to waste time and drag things out......


    You have failed to convince me plus a lot of ppl here that you can back up the Big Talk.....I can find numerous tracks that that predates that....anyway, you just like to waste time.....later !
    What do you MEAN I CANNOT DEFINE it?

    R U BLIND?

    How many TIMES do you want me to TYPE "Slow DOWN the BEAT and BOUNCE the MUSIC, MIXED a REGGAE and SOCA GROOVE"?

    I made it BIGGER for you so you can SEE.

    That RIGHT there was the ESSENCE of RAGGA SOCA music, CREATED in VINCYLAND, and STILL DOMINANTLY SO to this DAY.

    Bring the SONGS them that PREDATE it.

  12. #27
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,392
    Credits
    44,002,903
    As for the FART POST by SOCA-AMATEUR, I have already DEMONSTRATED that VINCYLAND, COURTESY of BECKET is the FIRST TIME U HEARD the TERM "DANCEHALL SOCA", SOME 5 YEARS before you heard it from BYRON LEE.

    So that just NEGATED the FART that he just WROTE about BYRON LEE and DANCEHALL SOCA.

    He meant the POPULARITY in other COUNTRIES started after the BYRON LEE SONG. But RAGGA SOCA was already POPULAR in VINCYLAND since the 1970's.

    Moreover, he TALKING about the CHANTING, but that has NOTHING to do with RAGGA SOCA. That was just another EXPRESSIVE PART of SINGING on a RAGGA SOCA TRACK. There are HUNDREDS of RAGGA SOCA tracks without CHANTING.

    You have the SAME THING with REGGAE MUSIC. There was an EXPRESSIVE PART called the "VERSION" which a DEEJAY would CHANT on.

    It is still REGGAE MUSIC because of the RHYTHM/BEAT.

    As for IRIE TEMPO, GEEZAS, this SOCA AMATEUR doesn't KNOW REGGAE MUSIC when he HEARS IT.

    He is so DESPERATE to RAIN of the PARADE of the VINCY CREATED RAGGA SOCA that he doesn't EVEN know that IRIE TEMPO is a REGGAE SONG.

    Dude, GO and LISTEN FESTIVAL MUSIC from JAMAICA.

    U KNOW what, LET ME SCHOOL U ONE TIME, because it is CLEARER to me now that you DO NOT KNOW REGGAE MUSIC when U HEAR IT.

    PLUTO SHEVINGTON was FAMOUS for that STYLE and SOUND of REGGAE MUSIC.

    This FOOL doesn't even KNOW REGGAE MUSIC when he HEARS IT.

    LARO song is REGGAE.

    IRIE TEMPO is REGGAE MUSIC

    Here is PLUTO SHERVINGTON with DAT.




    n SMH@IRIE TEMPO being RAGGA SOCA.

    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    When U R DESPERATE, U will MAKE UP all KIND of CRAZY SHIT to JUSTIFY NONSENSE.

    Here FOOL, TAKE IN some VINCY RAGGA SOCA music....



    MIXED THAT SOCA AND REGGAE GROOVE, that is RAGGA SOCA, SON.

    AH WE TING THIS...AH VINCY THING THIS...that is why we TOOK IT TO the WORLD COURTESY of "TURN ME ON".

    Only VINCY could have DONE IT.

    I REMEMBER when they used to say TMO was DANCEHALL, because it is NOT SOCA.

    Of course it wasn't SOCA, IDIOTS. It is RAGGA SOCA CREATED by VINCYLAND.

    It is the HEARTBEAT and SOUL of VINCY MUSIC.

    AH WE TING THIS.

    YUHHHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEeee

  13. #28
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,392
    Credits
    44,002,903
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    As for the FART POST by SOCA-AMATEUR, I have already DEMONSTRATED that VINCYLAND, COURTESY of BECKET is the FIRST TIME U HEARD the TERM "DANCEHALL SOCA", SOME 5 YEARS before you heard it from BYRON LEE.

    So that just NEGATED the FART that he just WROTE about BYRON LEE and DANCEHALL SOCA.

    He meant the POPULARITY in other COUNTRIES started after the BYRON LEE SONG. But RAGGA SOCA was already POPULAR in VINCYLAND since the 1970's.

    Moreover, he TALKING about the CHANTING, but that has NOTHING to do with RAGGA SOCA. That was just another EXPRESSIVE PART of SINGING on a RAGGA SOCA TRACK. There are HUNDREDS of RAGGA SOCA tracks without CHANTING.

    You have the SAME THING with REGGAE MUSIC. There was an EXPRESSIVE PART called the "VERSION" which a DEEJAY would CHANT on.

    It is still REGGAE MUSIC because of the RHYTHM/BEAT.

    As for IRIE TEMPO, GEEZAS, this SOCA AMATEUR doesn't KNOW REGGAE MUSIC when he HEARS IT.

    He is so DESPERATE to RAIN of the PARADE of the VINCY CREATED RAGGA SOCA that he doesn't EVEN know that IRIE TEMPO is a REGGAE SONG.

    Dude, GO and LISTEN FESTIVAL MUSIC from JAMAICA.

    U KNOW what, LET ME SCHOOL U ONE TIME, because it is CLEARER to me now that you DO NOT KNOW REGGAE MUSIC when U HEAR IT.

    PLUTO SHEVINGTON was FAMOUS for that STYLE and SOUND of REGGAE MUSIC.

    This FOOL doesn't even KNOW REGGAE MUSIC when he HEARS IT.

    LARO song is REGGAE.

    IRIE TEMPO is REGGAE MUSIC

    Here is PLUTO SHERVINGTON with DAT.




    n SMH@IRIE TEMPO being RAGGA SOCA.

    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    When U R DESPERATE, U will MAKE UP all KIND of CRAZY SHIT to JUSTIFY NONSENSE.

    Here FOOL, TAKE IN some VINCY RAGGA SOCA music....



    MIXED THAT SOCA AND REGGAE GROOVE, that is RAGGA SOCA, SON.

    AH WE TING THIS...AH VINCY THING THIS...that is why we TOOK IT TO the WORLD COURTESY of "TURN ME ON".

    Only VINCY could have DONE IT.

    I REMEMBER when they used to say TMO was DANCEHALL, because it is NOT SOCA.

    Of course it wasn't SOCA, IDIOTS. It is RAGGA SOCA CREATED by VINCYLAND.

    It is the HEARTBEAT and SOUL of VINCY MUSIC.

    AH WE TING THIS.

    YUHHHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEeee
    If ARYO want me to SHOW ARYO how you do the BUTTERFLY, TATTIE, WORLD DANCE, THE CRIPPLE SKANK and GRINDING to this SONG, just say the WORD.

    AH WE MUSIC THING.

    This is not WINING MUSIC, THIS S GRINDING MUSIC.

    YUHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEe

  14. #29
    Registered User kaaapyuurt is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Warszawa
    Posts
    1
    Credits
    19,000
    very nice music

  15. #30
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    As for IRIE TEMPO, GEEZAS, this SOCA AMATEUR doesn't KNOW REGGAE MUSIC when he HEARS IT.

    LARO song is REGGAE.

    IRIE TEMPO is REGGAE MUSIC
    "Irie Tempo" released by Lord Laro in 1981 is a fusion of soca and reggae and was a big hit in the Carnival fetes and on the road during the T&T 1981 Carnival season. Its the first big hit with that soca and reggae fusion to feature a then very popular reggae dancehall DJ called Trinity from Jamaica.

    Lord Laro feat Trinity - Irie Tempo (1981)

    Written by Kenneth Lara; Produced by Paul Khouri

    Lord Laro started his career as a calypsonian in T&T in the late 1950's and sang calypso, mento, reggae and then soca and regularly fused elements of all these music genres into his music after living between Trinidad and Jamaica during the 1960's before moving permanently to Jamaica in the 1970's.

    Here is another classic from Lord Laro this time with musical backing from Byron Lee & The Dragonaires.

    Lord Laro - A Different Stylie (1984)

    Written by Kenneth Lara; Produced & Arranged By Neville Hinds & J.Grey

    I think from a T&T perspective quite a few of our calypsonians were fusing soca with reggae from as early as 1975 starting with Shadow with a song called "Reggae Calypso" about a Jamaican chick who visited Trinidad and demanded him to do a musical fusion between their cultures.

    The Shadow - Reggae Calypso (1975)

    Written & Produced by Winston Bailey; Accompanied/Arranged by Art De Coteau

    But none of the 1970's Trini reggae and soca fusion tracks featured a genuine dancehall reggae DJ until Lord Laro and Trinity from Jamaica teamed up to do the combination in 1981.

    For example here is a 1979 hit track from Explainer who regularly fused reggae with his soca compositions during the late 1970's and into the 1980's.

    Explainer - We Just Can't Go On This Way (1979)

    Written by Winston Henry and Arranged by Godwin Bowen, Produced by Boaex Records

    As I have been pointing out to VP over the years with the evidence of timeline music recordings the Vincies were not the first to do the soca and dancehall reggae combination. It was the Jamaicans and the Trinis working together and fusing our musical cultures as we have been regularly doing this since the 1950's (when it was popular to fuse mento with calypso) who were the first to do the combination.
    The timeline music recordings don't lie so as Socapineman has been urging VP he needs to grow up and stop lying as he is fooling no one here who has been closely following the evolution of soca music over the years.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •