Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winer Boy Challenging Blaxx

Credits

Winer Boy Challenging Blaxx

'Flame on for Road March!'

Machel confident of 3rd win

Nigel Telesford

Thursday, January 31st 2008

Soca superstar Machel Montano is so confident he will win the Road March title for the third consecutive year, that he issued a friendly warning to his main challengers during a performance at the annual Eyes Wide Shut Carnival fete at the Queen's Park Oval, St James, on Tuesday night.

Just before closing his set around 2.30 a.m., Montano spoke to the crowd of more than 3,000 patrons, who remained singing, jumping and wining in spite of and in the midst of the pouring rain.

Stretching his time onstage to accommodate the masses, who refused to agree to let him leave, the reigning Road March King said: "Listen me, ah tell allyuh is threes. This year, I am not out of breath. I am full of breath. Blaxx, yuh hearin meh? Yuh get that? That's my Siparia brethren, so it's all good, but he cyah breathe!

"And yuh see everybody know nobody could get on more than me! Nobody could get onnnn more than me! Yeh, I said it. Did I stutter? Ah hope he hearing meh eh know. Ah sending the challenge right now: cause is flame on!"

Referring to his quest for a hat-trick of Road March victories and his latest album, Flame On, Montano repeatedly looked backstage as he issued the challenge, to see if Roy Cape All Star, Blaxx, would appear.

When the veteran ensemble took the stage afterwards, Blaxx did not respond to Montano's challenge, choosing instead to let the song speak for itself and issuing his own challenge to Soca Monarch rival, Bunji Garlin.

He said: "Bunji say he go cuff meh in muh face with music if ah beat him in Soca Monarch. Well, ah want to tell Bunji, that come Friday night, he a-- is grass and I am the lawnmower!"

Heavy rains burst from the sky shortly after 1 a.m. and continued to soak the assembly until the event ended around 3.30 a.m. Saturated and overflowing with the Carnival spirit, the massive crowd began chanting the "We breathless" refrain long before the band began their set.

The majority of this audience remained feteing and chanting in the rain for Blaxx and "Breathless" long after the All Stars ended their set.

Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business

Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Credits
    Boy it look like if Blaxx doan win iz goin be trouble.

Spranga
    Blaxx does have a bad ass song w/ Breathless. Too bad it runnin out of steam and not good enough for road march. As for Soca Monarch...I doubt he wining that either.

vincy_socababy
    jumping up on the trail and blaze it
    i ready to jam jam jam
    Last edited by vincy_socababy; 01-31-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Credits
    d HEAAAAAAAAAT AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! HE BLAZIN HEAT IN DEY MUDDAA COONIHOLE....

Ah love his confidence... woooohooooo soOOoo sexy!!..lol... He alone could get orrrn......Allyuh HEAR DAT!!!!!
    Last edited by TriniDivaWoman; 01-31-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Credits
    : Tell dem WE BREATHLESS :

: I doing what I want :

Man real talk both those tunes wicked.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
    Man real talk both those tunes wicked.

CARNIVAL IS IN DE AIR.

Credits
    i hope blaxx beat machel in his mudda a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! machel needs 2 bring it down a notch with his swell head!

tell dem we breathlessssssssssssssssssssss

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by IllSitOnYaFace View Post
    i hope blaxx beat machel in his mudda a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! machel needs 2 bring it down a notch with his swell head!

tell dem we breathlessssssssssssssssssssss
    I agree! I want Blaxx to win bad bad, mainly because i'm disappointed that this Blazin the Trail song is just a Jumbie remix with different words...that my dear is not what i consider road march material. BUT AS USUAL, MACHEL MAY WIN CUZ HE FACKIN NAME IS MACHELSTEUPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TDW u could vex all yuh want, but Blaxx is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more deserving of winning something this year
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    lol blaxx smart yuh know, he know machel woulda fix him up on stage...talkin bout he go let he music do de talkin

but yea, "breathless" is d betta tune..it should win roadmarch if dey put de bias mentality aside

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    I agree! I want Blaxx to win bad bad, mainly because i'm disappointed that this Blazin the Trail song is just a Jumbie remix with different words...that my dear is not what i consider road march material. BUT AS USUAL, MACHEL MAY WIN CUZ HE FACKIN NAME IS MACHELSTEUPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TDW u could vex all yuh want, but Blaxx is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more deserving of winning something this year
    Were u this furious when Shurwayne won back to back with "The Band Coming" and "Dead or Alive" ?

Credits
    breathless!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    LOL. Thats type true.Blaze it Blaze it up.jUMBIE JUMBIE DEM hmmm.

Credits
    get on get on!!

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane Lucian View Post
    get on get on!!
    it grow on me...but not enough to win

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast