Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Machel Won The Soca Monarch Fair and Square

Credits

Why Machel Won The Soca Monarch Fair and Square

taken from another site

I remember hearing not too long ago, people used to say ďIf Machel was to ever enter Soca Monarch, he sure to win hands downĒ. By the way mind the spelling and typos, Iím typing without sleep for more than 36 hours and Iím very pissed off.

So Machel entered his first Soca Monarch competition in 15 years and took the crown. Isnít that what youíll predicted donkey years ago. Anyways let us deal with issue #1 because I donít have time and I also have very little patience right now. Thos who say Machel won because of politics think again, oh and in case youíre wondering I support The PNM and Iím proud like Machel would say ďPNM coming again, we coming againĒ (just had to put that in). I want youíll top explore this concept ok. De Fosto made a big set of noise, last weekend when he didnít make the finals of the Calypso Monarch. He claimed the judges were from the PNM, I didnít take his tail on because, why would the PP who are in charge with the hike of the prizes to 2 million dollars higher PNM judges for the Calypso Monarch, yes the same PP that has 29 seats and Gypsy whoís the culture minister. Still donít know where Iím going with this, let me try and break it down even more. Why would the PP who are in control of all the cultural and carnival events allow De Fosto a pro PP member to get excluded from the finals. But then again people think that Machel or the PP organised for Machel to win. So why didnít the PP organise for De Fosto to reach the finals of the calypso monarch.

Because you know why, it have no damn politics in the thing, plain and simple cause the maths just not adding up. Because if it had politics in it the DE Fosto wouldíve made the finals and most certainly have won the competition that he has won on more than one occasion before.

So that deals with the politics conspiracy theories. Now letís deal with Mache Montano HD. Now whether people may want to admit it or not Machel is to soca what Michael Jackson is to pop music. They were both child prodigies and child stars Machelís ďThey Feel I Too Young For SocaĒ anyone remember. Of course we know all about the Jacksons five. So back to what Iím saying there is a reason why I opened my article with that quote about Machel winning the Soca Monarch title? Machel simply put is the greatest soca artist ever to come from Trinidad. He has sold more records and albums than any other artiste in this countryís history ( with the exception of Nicki Minaj of course) well he has more albums out than Nicki, but in terms of volumes sold Nicki will have the edge.

Continuing Machel has won the road march title either 3 or 4 times. Machel is the highest paid performer in this country, no one commands a fee like Machel no one. Why because no one has as dynamic a performance as Machel. Thanks to Machel we donít even have Brass anymore. Why because Machel held his concert on the same night called Alternative Concept and anyone who went to one of those shows could attest that Machelís performances is akin to Michael Jackson, because when you leave youíre spellbound. Machel is class as a performer there is no one who can match him, no one. Machel is the only artiste from Trinidad and Tobago to sell out 2 not one but 2 shows in the prestigious Madison Square Garden. Not even Nicki Minaj has done that as yet.

In case youíre still trying to figure out my point. Itís this Machel donít need any damn help from the PP to win the Soca title; he doesnít because no one can perform at his level. I remember in UWI Splash 2008 Machel had just performed and then they said Bunji and The Asylum going to perform, that was when Bunji started to make a habit about singing about fire. Me and my friends at the time left because we were like who the hell is Bunji. No like seriously after a performance like what Machel gave who wants to see Bunji. Not me I can tell you that for sure. For a simple fete Machel pulls out all the stops, I remember for Ladies First 2k8 seeing Machel gave a performance that ended with a fire work Dragon, like in those Chinese ones yea.

If someone was to tell me that letís say hmm Kees was endorsed by the PP and he won the Soca Power Monarch over people like Iwer, Destra and Faye Ann, Iíd say hmm it might have something there because Kees is still finding his feet, heís getting good and at this time Iíd like to congratulate him for his win in the Groovy Soca ok. But you getting the point Machel has pedigree in the Soca arena so to say Machel needed external help to win the Soca Monarch when thousands of people call him the un-official King of Soca is like saying the late Michael Jackson needs help to outperform Justin Timberlake in a pop performance note the key word here performance, bear in mind just in case youíll forgot Michael Jackson is the King of Pop.

So now that we dealt with those two points letís deal with the disrespect that Iím hearing Machel committed in the finals now. So he said Bunji is the woman in the relationship and Faye Ann is the man. Is it just me or did Bunji Garlin not made his career and slew of Soca Monarch titles by insulting other performers, I remember Iwer and co especially Iwer getting insulted by Bunji. Why did nobody say Bunji was attacking other entertainers hmm, hmm anyways so Machel did it and heís the worse thing out but for those of you he watched Bunjiís performance did anyone notice Bunji getting vex because the mike wasnít working properly and then proceeded to set fire to the stand the mike came from. I donít know about you but isnít that a felony or could be one seeing that I donít think that was Bunjiís personal mike holder. And wouldnít something like that make or be perceived as disrespectful, hmm.

Lord did anyone of youíll watched the YouTube video with Bunji insulting Machel and saying all types of things about how Machel is trying to buy the title. Now this is where it gets hilarious Machel who is supposedly a multi millionaire reported entered the competition because the prize money was 2 million dollars but still had to bribe and politic his way to the title. Youíre confused well so am I because it makes no damn sense.

The night itself now if you told me Bunji was going to sing something other than about fire Iíd be surprised but Iíd say ok heís getting a bit more creative. But Bunji how long do you plan to sing songs that involve fire, well after what Machel said about your lyrical abilities letís hope not too long again ok. When a lot of us complained years ago that soca music and the competition on a whole had lost its allure for us we talked and praised Machel Montano, it was all then that we almost begged him to come into the competition just to show these soca artistes how to perform. He came, he saw, he conquered and then we got vex lol. I donít get it the man has more lyrics than Iwer, I better presentation than Bunji (I mean you set the mike holder and a guy on fire and that was your presentation). Honestly it wasnít until I saw Faye Ann perform that I got a bit scared. Her performance was solid not spectacular as in recent years but solid but she gave more lyrics than Iwer, had a better stage presentation than Bunji but she strayed away from the plot when she tried to battle back Machel and her words got lost cause Iím still waiting to hear her insult Machel.

Now Iím very tired and very annoyed and I donít even think I need to have to go through all of this. As one could see I lost a bit steam but like I said Iím extremely tired but in closing Iíd like to ask youíll honestly do youíll think Machel needed to pay someone off to win the Soca Monarch crown and two weeks from now Zen has a party and letís say Sting has a party Bunji Sting, Machel is in Zen which fete you going? (Again I apologise for the errors this is just an informative note I aint trying to make a book from it lol)

Credits
    Machel is not the best artist from trinidad! What happen to super blue? Smh

Credits
    LOL hold ah burn all who vex machel win, weh allyuh was when he did get cheated years ago? he shoulda enter SM when he sang Jumbie and real jumby dem too.
    Do unto others before they do unto you.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniJustice View Post
    Machel is not the best artist from trinidad! What happen to super blue? Smh
    unfortunately he was a let down even he daughter could barley help him

Gladiator
    hmmm good read

Credits
    post d link fuh d blog yuh teef dat from nah...

Credits

Platinum Diva love the post and so true

So sad with all the bickering with our soca artist this year but both Machel and Iwer were both winners and there could have only been one.

Credits
    Anybody who says that WINER BOY is a BETTER ARTIST than SUPERBLUE is an IDIOT.

Moreover, to COMPARE WINER BOY to MICHAEL JACKSON is just PLAIN IDIOTIC.

WINER BOY was NEVER EVER in LIL MIKE'S CLASS when he was SMALL and he was NEVER EVER in MICHAEL'S CLASS as an ADULT ARTIST.

YUHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 03-06-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Gladiator
    SuperBlue is the man who started the Jump and wave ting ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by prplheart View Post
    post d link fuh d blog yuh teef dat from nah...
    LL LL
    LOOOOOOCAAALLLLLL Supporting Antiguan Soca Music 100%

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    LOL hold ah burn all who vex machel win, weh allyuh was when he did get cheated years ago? he shoulda enter SM when he sang Jumbie and real jumby dem too.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    Lol so good

Credits
    Ok so the big thing with the whole show was y was all the radio stations promoting one artist every station u turn on was vote mmhd and lots of people say it was not fair but hay.
    Greenz till I die ( Pantonic panorama 2011 for me )

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by First Lieutenant View Post
    SuperBlue is the man who started the Jump and wave ting ?
    Yeap. Everytime anybody sings flags, jump, and or wave gotta kiss he ring playa. Real talk.
    "Giving up is hard to do
    When you really love someone
    Giving up .... so hard to do
    When you still depend upon
    Her warm and tender touch
    Her kiss and her hug..........her caress
    Oooooh that used to mean so much
    And bring you happiness"

- Donny Hathaway

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Diva View Post
    taken from another site

I remember hearing not too long ago, people used to say “If Machel was to ever enter Soca Monarch, he sure to win hands down”. By the way mind the spelling and typos, I’m typing without sleep for more than 36 hours and I’m very pissed off.

So Machel entered his first Soca Monarch competition in 15 years and took the crown. Isn’t that what you’ll predicted donkey years ago. Anyways let us deal with issue #1 because I don’t have time and I also have very little patience right now. Thos who say Machel won because of politics think again, oh and in case you’re wondering I support The PNM and I’m proud like Machel would say “PNM coming again, we coming again” (just had to put that in). I want you’ll top explore this concept ok. De Fosto made a big set of noise, last weekend when he didn’t make the finals of the Calypso Monarch. He claimed the judges were from the PNM, I didn’t take his tail on because, why would the PP who are in charge with the hike of the prizes to 2 million dollars higher PNM judges for the Calypso Monarch, yes the same PP that has 29 seats and Gypsy who’s the culture minister. Still don’t know where I’m going with this, let me try and break it down even more. Why would the PP who are in control of all the cultural and carnival events allow De Fosto a pro PP member to get excluded from the finals. But then again people think that Machel or the PP organised for Machel to win. So why didn’t the PP organise for De Fosto to reach the finals of the calypso monarch.

Because you know why, it have no damn politics in the thing, plain and simple cause the maths just not adding up. Because if it had politics in it the DE Fosto would’ve made the finals and most certainly have won the competition that he has won on more than one occasion before.

So that deals with the politics conspiracy theories. Now let’s deal with Mache Montano HD. Now whether people may want to admit it or not Machel is to soca what Michael Jackson is to pop music. They were both child prodigies and child stars Machel’s “They Feel I Too Young For Soca” anyone remember. Of course we know all about the Jacksons five. So back to what I’m saying there is a reason why I opened my article with that quote about Machel winning the Soca Monarch title? Machel simply put is the greatest soca artist ever to come from Trinidad. He has sold more records and albums than any other artiste in this country’s history ( with the exception of Nicki Minaj of course) well he has more albums out than Nicki, but in terms of volumes sold Nicki will have the edge.

Continuing Machel has won the road march title either 3 or 4 times. Machel is the highest paid performer in this country, no one commands a fee like Machel no one. Why because no one has as dynamic a performance as Machel. Thanks to Machel we don’t even have Brass anymore. Why because Machel held his concert on the same night called Alternative Concept and anyone who went to one of those shows could attest that Machel’s performances is akin to Michael Jackson, because when you leave you’re spellbound. Machel is class as a performer there is no one who can match him, no one. Machel is the only artiste from Trinidad and Tobago to sell out 2 not one but 2 shows in the prestigious Madison Square Garden. Not even Nicki Minaj has done that as yet.

In case you’re still trying to figure out my point. It’s this Machel don’t need any damn help from the PP to win the Soca title; he doesn’t because no one can perform at his level. I remember in UWI Splash 2008 Machel had just performed and then they said Bunji and The Asylum going to perform, that was when Bunji started to make a habit about singing about fire. Me and my friends at the time left because we were like who the hell is Bunji. No like seriously after a performance like what Machel gave who wants to see Bunji. Not me I can tell you that for sure. For a simple fete Machel pulls out all the stops, I remember for Ladies First 2k8 seeing Machel gave a performance that ended with a fire work Dragon, like in those Chinese ones yea.

If someone was to tell me that let’s say hmm Kees was endorsed by the PP and he won the Soca Power Monarch over people like Iwer, Destra and Faye Ann, I’d say hmm it might have something there because Kees is still finding his feet, he’s getting good and at this time I’d like to congratulate him for his win in the Groovy Soca ok. But you getting the point Machel has pedigree in the Soca arena so to say Machel needed external help to win the Soca Monarch when thousands of people call him the un-official King of Soca is like saying the late Michael Jackson needs help to outperform Justin Timberlake in a pop performance note the key word here performance, bear in mind just in case you’ll forgot Michael Jackson is the King of Pop.

So now that we dealt with those two points let’s deal with the disrespect that I’m hearing Machel committed in the finals now. So he said Bunji is the woman in the relationship and Faye Ann is the man. Is it just me or did Bunji Garlin not made his career and slew of Soca Monarch titles by insulting other performers, I remember Iwer and co especially Iwer getting insulted by Bunji. Why did nobody say Bunji was attacking other entertainers hmm, hmm anyways so Machel did it and he’s the worse thing out but for those of you he watched Bunji’s performance did anyone notice Bunji getting vex because the mike wasn’t working properly and then proceeded to set fire to the stand the mike came from. I don’t know about you but isn’t that a felony or could be one seeing that I don’t think that was Bunji’s personal mike holder. And wouldn’t something like that make or be perceived as disrespectful, hmm.

Lord did anyone of you’ll watched the YouTube video with Bunji insulting Machel and saying all types of things about how Machel is trying to buy the title. Now this is where it gets hilarious Machel who is supposedly a multi millionaire reported entered the competition because the prize money was 2 million dollars but still had to bribe and politic his way to the title. You’re confused well so am I because it makes no damn sense.

The night itself now if you told me Bunji was going to sing something other than about fire I’d be surprised but I’d say ok he’s getting a bit more creative. But Bunji how long do you plan to sing songs that involve fire, well after what Machel said about your lyrical abilities let’s hope not too long again ok. When a lot of us complained years ago that soca music and the competition on a whole had lost its allure for us we talked and praised Machel Montano, it was all then that we almost begged him to come into the competition just to show these soca artistes how to perform. He came, he saw, he conquered and then we got vex lol. I don’t get it the man has more lyrics than Iwer, I better presentation than Bunji (I mean you set the mike holder and a guy on fire and that was your presentation). Honestly it wasn’t until I saw Faye Ann perform that I got a bit scared. Her performance was solid not spectacular as in recent years but solid but she gave more lyrics than Iwer, had a better stage presentation than Bunji but she strayed away from the plot when she tried to battle back Machel and her words got lost cause I’m still waiting to hear her insult Machel.

Now I’m very tired and very annoyed and I don’t even think I need to have to go through all of this. As one could see I lost a bit steam but like I said I’m extremely tired but in closing I’d like to ask you’ll honestly do you’ll think Machel needed to pay someone off to win the Soca Monarch crown and two weeks from now Zen has a party and let’s say Sting has a party Bunji Sting, Machel is in Zen which fete you going? (Again I apologise for the errors this is just an informative note I aint trying to make a book from it lol)
    I AGREE.

i saw the performances and i agree the others were not up to par.

i could hardly understand what iwer was singin about. he had very poor diction.

fay ann only had two lyrics to her song which were Mash Up. She spent most of her time takin a break after each word, walkin up and down the stage, climbing, and commanding an army who were not in synch with her. that was a waste of money spent on those army lookalike guys.

bunji was okay but every performance must mention the word Fire. Is he the trini god of fire? I missed that memo.

who else? i cant remember.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast