Thread: WHO R THE TOP FIVE PRODUCERS OF SOCA MUSiC IN THE PAST TEN YEARS

Credits

WHO R THE TOP FIVE PRODUCERS OF SOCA MUSiC IN THE PAST TEN YEARS

TAWK Yuh TAWK

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    TAWK Yuh TAWK
    What is the criteria being used to come to such a conclusion... quality songs, hits, number ones, record sales... is it per island or across the board and if that is the case what numbers will be used to make such a determination. I don't think that there is any agency in the region charting hits, record sales, downloads and radio play in the region. If it by volume then the money producers will come out on top.

You need to put the criteria to be used to make this assessment because it will become territorial... but I guess you already knew that and set this up to create an expected never-ending thread because every opinion will be subjective and open to a continuous flow of denial and or approval.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinizagada View Post
    What is the criteria being used to come to such a conclusion... quality songs, hits, number ones, record sales... is it per island or across the board and if that is the case what numbers will be used to make such a determination. I don't think that there is any agency in the region charting hits, record sales, downloads and radio play in the region. If it by volume then the money producers will come out on top.

You need to put the criteria to be used to make this assessment because it will become territorial... but I guess you already knew that and set this up to create an expected never-ending thread because every opinion will be subjective and open to a continuous flow of denial and or approval.
    SMH

We know that SOCA MUSIC is not an INDUSTRY that KEEPS TRACK of RECORD SALES.

Moreover, we also know that some of these SONGS are FORCE RIPE HITS. Meaning, DEEJAYS FORCED it on the MASSES, even though it sounds like SHIT or DISPOSABLE.

IN ADDITION, CERTAIN MARKETS are BIGGER than others, therefore you really cannot gauge what is TRULY an AUTHENTIC HIT.

I do not EQUATE what is POPULAR to be a HIT.

It is POPULAR because of the particular MARKET.

The SMALLER MARKETS are at a SIGNIFICANT DISADVANTAGE in this REGARDS, so we to take that into CONSIDERATION.

Therefore, as LONG as your ARGUMENT is SOUND and SINCERE, that is all I am CONCERN with.

YUHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 11-24-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Measure ur life with Love Doctor's Daughter's Avatar Doctor's Daughter is offline
    Credits

Thumbs up

In NO particular order....
    (More than Ten)

Ibo Joseph
    Braxton
    Leston Paul
    Kasey Phillips
    MadMen Productions
    Precision Sounds
    JuiceMan
    Darien Bailey
    Kevon Anthrobus
    (something) Joseph (from St. Lucia.. forgot his first name)
    Kernal Roberts
    Sean Mastermind Noel
    Char Su
    Yohan
    Kerwin Dubois
    Onyan

more to come.....
    The love of my life is an Imixer!!!

~DD~

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    SMH

We know that SOCA MUSIC is not an INDUSTRY that KEEPS TRACK of RECORD SALES.

Moreover, we also know that some of these SONGS FORCE RIPE HITS. Meaning, DEEJAYS FORCED it on the MASSES, even though it sounds like SHIT or DISPOSABLE.

IN ADDITION, CERTAIN MARKETS are BIGGER than others, therefore you really cannot gauge what is TRULY an AUTHENTIC HIT.

I do not EQUATE what is POPULAR to be a HIT.

It is POPULAR because of the particular MARKET.

The SMALLER MARKETS are at a SIGNIFICANT DISADVANTAGE in this REGARDS, so we to take that into CONSIDERATION.

Therefore, as LONG as your ARGUMENT is SOUND and SINCERE, that is all I am CONCERN with.

YUHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
    That is the disclaimer I was looking for ... OK so the thread can continue and we will fall back to the disclaimer after the bacchanal begins!
    Last edited by Trinizagada; 11-24-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Credits
    I will START OUT with MARK CYRUS.

I THINK he is EASILY one of the BEST PRODUCERS that the SOCA INDUSTRY has had over the PAST DECADE.

However, it seems like he is on a DIFFERENT SCENE for the past COUPLE YEARS.

I will LIST some of his PRODUCTIONS. May CLOSE ATTENTION to the DIVERSITY and VARIETY in his PRODUCTIONS.

Hardcore :: master room

Girls :: master room

Catty :: master room

Charge :: master room

Horna Man- Jamesy P (SVG 2K9) - YouTube

THESE R JUST SONG OF HIS PRODUCTIONS.