Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Who going to Dominiate soca summer 2015

Credits

Who going to Dominiate soca summer 2015

So, its that time of year, Trini has had their shine, now only the true hits will survive summer as the islands respectively produce their hits.

I've already heard a massive jab tune this weekend at a band launch (caar remember di name, it was my first time hearing it but it mash up di fete). Looking like the island soca season starting with a bang already.

So who you looking forward to?

Which island?

Which artists?

Who do you think will domininate? - last year was Bajan with feeling, the year before was Grenada with salt fish, who gaan mash up this year?

Credits
    Well,
    The Bajans imo have the most mellow sounds , so i would go with them.

Few if any can touch T&T with hits after hits year in year out...clearly, they set the bar.

At best Machel.....pop a bottle. .Boss, Fayann Raze....phenomenal. ...imo we re the top of Toppa hits out of Trinidad. .....it will be hard to top those....with the exception of Ducking it....imo...my favorite base on the subject matter...no jump and wave.....excellent tune !

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Well,
    The Bajans imo have the most mellow sounds , so i would go with them.

Few if any can touch T&T with hits after hits year in year out...clearly, they set the bar.

At best Machel.....pop a bottle. .Boss, Fayann Raze....phenomenal. ...imo we re the top of Toppa hits out of Trinidad. .....it will be hard to top those....with the exception of Ducking it....imo...my favorite base on the subject matter...no jump and wave.....excellent tune !
    You doh think Ola is di biggest song from Trini? Dat man gonna eat a big food with that song this year.

Ducking it i dunno, based on previous years, that song is on its last legs now as it was released for cropover 2014... so its unlikely to still be big this summer, but you never know.

But remembewr the Grenadians been consistent with their jab for the past few years. Skinny is consistent aswell. Not sure about that Raze song... jury still out on thatone for me, we will see when the summer smoke clears.

Credits
    Re ola...nah....it is okay at best.....he sold his biggest tune.." Spread your hands and lego" imo.

Raze and the rest i mentioned on the road are Massive.

Re Jab Jab.....tunes salfish and the rest of that....dont like them...then again it is generation gap.......imo i think Spice or the older artists should stick to storytelling. ....i feel they are the best at it ......creative catch phrases....that oil up and dutty shit lol....aint for me....but to each his own.

Skinny stay on point again if you like Ragga soca.......

Imho few any talk the talk and compete with Trinidad and Bajans artists. .....again....not saying they not putting out tunes...but referring to my taste......

Credits
    I hear you, but if you a promoter right now, all you have to do is put lava on you line up and your money safe, lol - so the jab cannot be ignored.

And I dunno with Ola, he is a great artist, I think he should a buss long time, cause he been consistent for a while. I dont think Ola is anywhere near his best song, but thats the one that put him on the map. I feel he have it in him to make full use of the platform he have now.

RE Raze, I guess being here in the UK I just havent seen its effect. Mybe I might change my tune after NottingHill
    bktrini305 likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Vye Negre View Post
    So, its that time of year, Trini has had their shine, now only the true hits will survive summer as the islands respectively produce their hits.

I've already heard a massive jab tune this weekend at a band launch (caar remember di name, it was my first time hearing it but it mash up di fete). Looking like the island soca season starting with a bang already.

So who you looking forward to?

Which island?

Which artists?

Who do you think will domininate? - last year was Bajan with feeling, the year before was Grenada with salt fish, who gaan mash up this year?

Lol, correction, Trinidad and Tobago dominate last year, every other island was fighting for a distant 2nd and 3rd , please get your facts straight !

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Vye Negre View Post
    I hear you, but if you a promoter rig
    ht now, all you have to do is put lava on you line up and your money safe, lol - so the jab cannot be ignored.

And I dunno with Ola, he is a great artist, I think he should a buss long time, cause he been consistent for a while. I dont think Ola is anywhere near his best song, but thats the one that put him on the map. I feel he have it in him to make full use of the platform he have now.

RE Raze, I guess being here in the UK I just havent seen its effect. Mybe I might change my tune after NottingHill
    Lavaman.....lol, man like i said....you u like them tune by him...cool...clearly you must be very young, i dont rate those style...again to each his own......i have yet to see a request or see Lavaman on any soca shows....and i am all over from UK back down to the Caribbean. .....they have a niche market for who like that kind of ragga soca or jab jab or whatever u want to call it....i dont care for it.

Now re imo they spice are too too talented to be pushing that.....i see no mass appeal. ....i like this from them....even thou it is done with a Yardie....but i like this tempo....on a phone...so check it out on youtube and give me your take....

Overdose by lil Vaughn & QQ......

But like i said.....for me its about my taste others will see otherwise. .peace.

Credits
    In what NA or European city is your money safe with a soca crowd if Lavaman is on the bill?
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    In what NA or European city is your money safe with a soca crowd if Lavaman is on the bill?
    New York,Montreal/Toronto...he just did shows in these 3 city within the last 2 months and tore down the place as he always do....
    WHEN IT COMES TO STRONG RUM IS DEH WE BAD!!
    JAB ROLLING WITH A BIG SNAKE IN A CUKUS BAG!!

Credits
    This is the track by Lil Vaughn

MANISHWATERS likes this.

Credits
    This is the track by Lil Vaughn

One of our young up and coming talented stars from greenz....look out for him..
    Socapro likes this.
    WHEN IT COMES TO STRONG RUM IS DEH WE BAD!!
    JAB ROLLING WITH A BIG SNAKE IN A CUKUS BAG!!

Credits
    Lavaman.....lol, man like i said....you u like them tune by him...cool...clearly you must be very young, i dont rate those style...again to each his own......i have yet to see a request or see Lavaman on any soca shows....and i am all over from UK back down to the Caribbean. .....they have a niche market for who like that kind of ragga soca or jab jab or whatever u want to call it....i dont care for it.

Now re imo they spice are too too talented to be pushing that.....i see no mass appeal. ....i like this from them....even thou it is done with a Yardie....but i like this tempo....on a phone...so check it out on youtube and give me your take....

Overdose by lil Vaughn & QQ......

But like i said.....for me its about my taste others will see otherwise. .peace.
    Bro Lava was on soca frenzy line up in february... you couldnt event get into the venue for how it was ram. Nothing to do with my age, just looking at the market. Grenadians support their own, once a promoter put a Grenadian/jab on their line up the show sell of easily. Nothing to do with personal preference, more to do with analysing popular trends and jab is definitely up there.

Not sure how it is elsewhere, but in the UK you have more of a 'soca scene' rather than individual island scene. And jab is very popular on that scene. Even Lava man's 'We nah change', which in my opinion is one of the weaker songs on that ridim - is actually the biggest song on the riddim here in the UK because of the Grenadian effect.

Will take a listen after work.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    Dunno bout NA, but here in London, if he on the bill you struggling to get tickets - at least thats what happened when he was here in feb.

Credits
    THIS MASHING UP VINCY

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    THIS MASHING UP VINCY

cant listen at work but I think this is the same song I heard at the band launch last week. This song come from no where and all of a sudden mashing up di place. When di song play the whole dance went mad - I felt like I behind time cause is first time I hear it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast