Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What will Machel die-hards do if he actually loses Soca Monarch?

Credits

What will Machel die-hards do if he actually loses Soca Monarch?

Will there be weeping and gnashing of teeth?

Credits
    there will be... some Ravi B'ing

Credits
    there will be the f-ing up of a certain Monroe

T-MAKAA
    Everybody gonna blame somebody if dey lose.

Credits
    Put Mr Sufficient on suicide watch
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Spranga
    they'll just look forward to carnival and roadmarch

Credits
    a degree of Ravi B-ing to somebody saying ,"ISM can suck it muddah. Machel the king of soca and he made over 2 milion this season away...The stage is in front of us..."
    "Giving up is hard to do
    When you really love someone
    Giving up .... so hard to do
    When you still depend upon
    Her warm and tender touch
    Her kiss and her hug..........her caress
    Oooooh that used to mean so much
    And bring you happiness"

- Donny Hathaway

Credits

Arrow Like Machel drinking 1919 Rum with Kamla & the AG?

AG: Machel has my vote for Soca Monarch
    By Julien Neaves

Story Updated: Mar 3, 2011 at 2:04 AM ECT

ATTORNEY General Anand Ramlogan says he would not be surprised if Machel Montano wins tomorrow's International Power Soca Monarch final and walks away with the $2 million prize offered by the Government.

"I wish him the very best of luck. He certainly has my vote," Ramlogan said while speaking in the Senate on Tuesday night as he introduced the Miscellaneous Provisions (Remand) Bill at the Red House, Port of Spain.

He recalled, on Monday night, he had the "good fortune" of attending Montano's concert, "The Return", at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo.

Ramlogan described as a "very moving moment" the scenario when Montano brought on to the stage the world "king and queen" of calypso, Slinger Francisco, better known as "The Mighty Sparrow", and McArtha Linda Sandy-Lewis, better known as "Calypso Rose", respectively.

He recalled cutting out pictures of the two calypso icons to stick in his copybook with flour paste while he was in primary school. He noted they were honoured by Montano in front of almost 35,000 fans, and Calypso Rose broke down in tears.

Ramlogan pointed out what Montano did was demonstrate respect for elders and "a kind of caring and compassion that is sadly lacking in the youths" in this society.

"The extent to which Mr Montano was able to do that and to send a message that as a superstar and an icon...that this is what he stands for, I salute Machel Montano...for that gesture and for the powerful message it sends, and I say he is indeed worthy of emulation, and I hope that others will lead by example to mentor and set an example for our youths," Ramlogan said.

Montano returns to the Power Soca Monarch competition after a protracted absence.

Opposition Senator Fitzgerald Hinds, in his contribution, pointed out Montano had been seen in the company of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and the United National Congress (UNC) "frequent times". He added there were some citizens who were saying the artiste had been sponsored by the Prime Minister and the UNC and was a "liming friend" with Persad-Bissessar.

The Government members raised their voices in objection to this statement. (See Pages 9 & 33)

AG: Machel has my vote for Soca Monarch | Trinidad Express Newspaper | Carnival
    If yuh take on anything I say yuh more mad than me and I is ah real madman

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    AG: Machel has my vote for Soca Monarch
    By Julien Neaves

Story Updated: Mar 3, 2011 at 2:04 AM ECT

ATTORNEY General Anand Ramlogan says he would not be surprised if Machel Montano wins tomorrow's International Power Soca Monarch final and walks away with the $2 million prize offered by the Government.

"I wish him the very best of luck. He certainly has my vote," Ramlogan said while speaking in the Senate on Tuesday night as he introduced the Miscellaneous Provisions (Remand) Bill at the Red House, Port of Spain.

He recalled, on Monday night, he had the "good fortune" of attending Montano's concert, "The Return", at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo.

Ramlogan described as a "very moving moment" the scenario when Montano brought on to the stage the world "king and queen" of calypso, Slinger Francisco, better known as "The Mighty Sparrow", and McArtha Linda Sandy-Lewis, better known as "Calypso Rose", respectively.

He recalled cutting out pictures of the two calypso icons to stick in his copybook with flour paste while he was in primary school. He noted they were honoured by Montano in front of almost 35,000 fans, and Calypso Rose broke down in tears.

Ramlogan pointed out what Montano did was demonstrate respect for elders and "a kind of caring and compassion that is sadly lacking in the youths" in this society.

"The extent to which Mr Montano was able to do that and to send a message that as a superstar and an icon...that this is what he stands for, I salute Machel Montano...for that gesture and for the powerful message it sends, and I say he is indeed worthy of emulation, and I hope that others will lead by example to mentor and set an example for our youths," Ramlogan said.

Montano returns to the Power Soca Monarch competition after a protracted absence.

Opposition Senator Fitzgerald Hinds, in his contribution, pointed out Montano had been seen in the company of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and the United National Congress (UNC) "frequent times". He added there were some citizens who were saying the artiste had been sponsored by the Prime Minister and the UNC and was a "liming friend" with Persad-Bissessar.

The Government members raised their voices in objection to this statement. (See Pages 9 & 33)

AG: Machel has my vote for Soca Monarch | Trinidad Express Newspaper | Carnival
    Dis setta public taylaylaying wid d government is hurting his image...all dis jus givin Garlin material to lyrically annihilate him.
    Last edited by prplheart; 03-03-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Credits
    ^aw shyt...
    "Giving up is hard to do
    When you really love someone
    Giving up .... so hard to do
    When you still depend upon
    Her warm and tender touch
    Her kiss and her hug..........her caress
    Oooooh that used to mean so much
    And bring you happiness"

- Donny Hathaway

Credits

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by prplheart View Post
    Dis setta public taylaylaying wid d government is hurting his image...all dis jus givin Garlin material to lyrically annihilate him.
    Lyrical annihilation is all well and good but let's hope the judges listening, it look like he getting endorsements wid all this shoulder rubbing he doing - big article and ting.

On top of the Trinidad Express even have a carnival alert on him.

Carnival Alert!
    Machel draws 9 for Soca Monarch final

Machel Montano will sing in position number nine in Friday's Power Soca Monarch final, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, in Port of Spain. For the full Soca Monarch draw, click on “CARNIVAL 2K11” (between “PHOTOS” and “ADVERTISE” on the navigation bar above) and scroll down to “ARTICLES”. For the best Carnival coverage, stay logged on to Trinidad Express Newspaper.
    Seems like we now have a carnival mafia along side the soca mafia.

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by prplheart View Post
    lol allyuh does swear this is freestyle friday. his "freestyling" is over rated to boot.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    lol allyuh does swear this is freestyle friday. his "freestyling" is over rated to boot.
    +1

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    I actually agree with u, not to mention I find Fayann sounds the same every year. But their diehard supporters won't care either way.

Credits
    No wonder bunji have to sing song bout haters...plenty a dem deh bout...even on here! lol
    bout freestyling overrated...haha!
    if machel could do it you all wouldn't be saying none a this $shit.
    some of you all need to get from under "winer boys" nut sack...really now!
    BIM BORN, DADLI RAISED! BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast