Thread: Trinidadian artists collaborating with other caribbean artists

Credits

Trinidadian artists collaborating with other caribbean artists

I'm happy to see this trend increasing and extending beyond some of the more well known soca arenas. It can only mean good things for soca music around the caribbean in terms of exposure. A record number of trini artists are involved in St. lucia carnival and this brings the kind of attention and competition that we need to prosper.

What do you guys think? Will it help or hurt your island if trinidad "invades" musically.
    soundcloud.com/selektacastro

Credits
    I don't think it's a bad thing, but I hope people don't automatically assume that just because someone who may be more well-known is the only answer to getting their music exposed.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Castro View Post
    I'm happy to see this trend increasing and extending beyond some of the more well known soca arenas. It can only mean good things for soca music around the caribbean in terms of exposure. A record number of trini artists are involved in St. lucia carnival and this brings the kind of attention and competition that we need to prosper.

What do you guys think? Will it help or hurt your island if trinidad "invades" musically.
    It can only help both parties...I liken to to how every artist in america is trying to get Akon on their album...certainly helped

Young Jeezy - atlanta
    Gwen stefani - whites
    Bone Thugs - midwest
    Snoop dog - west
    DJ Khaled - south and all over

and it helped akon tremendously....he's hit up all the charts and is large in every corner....so if trinidad 'invades' the caribbean...trinidad get's larger and so does the other countries...

a win-win situation

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    I don't think it's a bad thing, but I hope people don't automatically assume that just because someone who may be more well-known is the only answer to getting their music exposed.
    good point.

Credits
    It can only help both parties...I liken to to how every artist in america is trying to get Akon on their album...certainly helped

Young Jeezy - atlanta
    Gwen stefani - whites
    Bone Thugs - midwest
    Snoop dog - west
    DJ Khaled - south and all over

and it helped akon tremendously....he's hit up all the charts and is large in every corner....so if trinidad 'invades' the caribbean...trinidad get's larger and so does the other countries...

a win-win situation

yea exactly..and all the mentioned rap artists had their own talent...but just got a helping hand in taking it to the next level..

Yes you'e right, but i don't mean relying solely on trinidad. I am referring to them being a part of the solution and not the solution itself.
    soundcloud.com/selektacastro