View Poll Results: WHICH SMALL ISLAND BAND IS THE BEST?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • NU-VYBES BAND (SUGAR BAND)

4 5.06%
  • JAM BAND featuring Daddy Friday

30 37.97%
  • BURNING FLAMES

36 45.57%
  • WCK

6 7.59%
  • DA BAHN

1 1.27%
  • SMALL AXE BAND

0 0%
  • RAW REDEEM

1 1.27%
  • EL A CRU

1 1.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Top 5 Small Island Soca/calypso Bands

Credits

Lightbulb The Top 5 Small Island Soca/calypso Bands

THE TOP 4 SMALL ISLAND SOCA/CALYPSO BANDS

I WAS READING AN ARTICLE IN A CARIBBEAN NEWSPAPER AND IT ATTEMPTED TO HIGHLIGHT THE TOP 5 SMALL ISLAND BANDS. SMALL ISLAND REFERRING TO THE LEEWARDSA DN WINDWARDS....EXCLUDING B'DOS,TRINIDAD ETC. THE TOP 5 ACCORDING TO THE ARTICLE ARE:

BURNING FLAMES(ANTIGUA)
    WCK(DOMINICA)
    JAM BAND(VIRGIN ISLANDS)
    NU-VYBES BAND INT'L AKA SUGAR BAND (ST.KITTS)

Credits

Re: The Top 5 Small Island Soca/calypso Bands

Originally posted by Shaqdiesel
    THE TOP 4 SMALL ISLAND SOCA/CALYPSO BANDS

I WAS READING AN ARTICLE IN A CARIBBEAN NEWSPAPER AND IT ATTEMPTED TO HIGHLIGHT THE TOP 5 SMALL ISLAND BANDS. SMALL ISLAND REFERRING TO THE LEEWARDSA DN WINDWARDS....EXCLUDING B'DOS,TRINIDAD ETC. THE TOP 5 ACCORDING TO THE ARTICLE ARE:

BURNING FLAMES(ANTIGUA)
    WCK(DOMINICA)
    JAM BAND(VIRGIN ISLANDS)
    NU-VYBES BAND INT'L AKA SUGAR BAND (ST.KITTS)
    WHICH CARIBBEAN NEWSPAPER IS THAT?

MY FIVE ARE:

1. BURNING FLAMES-ANU (MY TOP BAND FROM ALL ISLANDS TOO!)
    2. WCK-DOM
    3. EL A KRU-ANU
    4. JAM BAND-VI
    5. NU VYBES-SK

POSSIBLE GOOD RUNNERS UP

IMAGINATIONS BRASS-VI
    DA BAHNN-ANU
    VIO INTERNATIONAL-VI
    HI INTENSITY-ANU
    VISION BAND - ANU
    NORTH SOUND INTERNATIONAL-ANG
    MUSSINGTON BROTHERS-ANG
    SMALL AXE-SK
    FIRST SERENADE-DOM
    EXPRESS BAND-VI
    REVO COMBO -ANU
    STANLEY AND THE TEN SLEEPLESS KNIGHTS-VI
    PURE PASSION-VI
    Last edited by BFFan; 09-23-2003 at 12:40 PM.

Credits
    Out the list that you provided my favorites are Burning Flames and WCK. Burning Flames comes out with great stuff every year.

Credits
    I love them all - but somebody had to vote for Raw Redeem
    Faluma.com - soca & caribbean label/distribution

Credits

Small island bands

1.Jamband worlds #1 band stt
    2.Grandmasters skb
    3.Starlites stx
    4.Onyan & Baygon Band anu
    5.Burning Flames there last 3 albums all sound the same but I will put them on the list anyway. anu
    uran10 likes this.

Credits
    Burning Flames takes the title EASILY. They been runnin it for so long. Other groups like Nu Vybes, Jam Band, and WCK are really good too but still have a ways to go to give Burning Flames serious competition.

Credits

Flames

Originally posted by AndreaTrini
    Burning Flames takes the title EASILY. They been runnin it for so long. Other groups like Nu Vybes, Jam Band, and WCK are really good too but still have a ways to go to give Burning Flames serious competition.
    I don't think flames take nothing easily. Flames living right now of there past sucess. You put flames in on spot and jamband in another spot on the same night buy themseleves. And I will bet you anything Jamband flop them. I see it happen in miami last year carnival. jamband been around longer than flames and always been on top of the game.

jamband
    small axe
    showtime
    flames

Credits

Re: Flames

Originally posted by bvihoney
    I don't think flames take nothing easily. Flames living right now of there past sucess. You put flames in on spot and jamband in another spot on the same night buy themseleves. And I will bet you anything Jamband flop them. I see it happen in miami last year carnival. jamband been around longer than flames and always been on top of the game.

jamband
    small axe
    showtime
    flames
    FLOP WHO? FLOP BURNING FLAMES? NUTTIN TAHL GO SO!....STEUPS!

I NEVER SAW IT HAPPEN AND I HAVE SEEN BOTH OF THEM IN THE BRONX FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS AND I SAW CLOSE TO THE REVERSE ABOUT COUPLE TIMES.

AYO JAMBAND FANS COULD SAY THAT NOW... BUT HOW FLAMES SOUNDING THE SAME OVA THE PAST YEARS CAUSE JAMBAND HAVE DADDYJONES NOW...SOMEBODY WHO COULD ADDSOME DIFFERENT FLAVORS TO TYPICAL JAMBAND STYLE.

OVER THESE RECENT YEARS, ALL JAMBAND HAVE WAS A SLOW TEMPO AND FAST TEMPO AND FRIDAY SINGING ALMOST ALL TUNES TO THE TYPE OF RYTHYMS SLOW OR FAST. THE ONLY THING I REALLY HAVE ENJOYED LISTENING TO FROM JAMBAND IS THE BASS.

JAMBAND IS NOWHERE CLOSE TO THE SAME CLASS WITH BURNING FLAMES. FLAMES DEH ON A HIGH LEVEL THEY HAVE MUCH MORE VARIETY IN THEIR MUSIC, BETTER SINGING (EVEN WITHOUT ONYAN), AND BETTER MUSICIANS ON EACH INSTRUMENT.

BURNING FLAMES HAVE BEEN SOME WHAT MORE STABLE LONGER THAN JAMBAND TOO! JAMBAND HAS BEEN THROUGH TRANSFORMATIONS FIRST THEY WERE EDDIE AND THE MOVEMENTS IN THE 70'S THEN CHANGE TO MOVEMENTS EITHER IN THE LATE 80'S OR EARLY 90'S, THEN TO JAMBAND SOMETIME IN THE 90'S.

WHEN BURNING FLAMES CAME WITH THE RYTHYM BOX IN 85 ALL DEM BAND IN ST. THOMAS HAD TO GET THAT TO KEEP UP AND THEY DOING TRYING TO KEEP.

IF YOU COMPARE ALL THE MUSIC BURNING FLAMES MADE TO ALL THE MUSIC JAMBAND, MOVEMENTS AND EDDIE AND THE MOVEMENTS MADE THERE IS NO COMPARISION FLAMES HAVE MUCH MORE VARIETY AND HAVE RECORDED IN DIFFERENT GENRES OF MUSIC. JAMBAND AND ITS PREVIOUS FORMATIONS HAS STUCK TO THEIR PARTICULAR STYLE OF SOCA ONLY JUST SOME SLOW AND SOME FAST. FLAMES PROBABLY HAVE MORE TUNES TOO IN ITS SHORTER EXISTANCE.

AND FLAMES HAVE BEATEN JAMBAND (PROBABLY AS MOVEMENTS) AND ALL DEM OTHER BANDS FROM ST.THOMAS IN A BAND COMPETITION IN ST.THOMAS ALREADY IN THE LATE 80'S.

DON'T GET ME WRONG, JAMBAND IS GOOD BAND WITH A LARGE FOLLOWING IN THE VI ESPECIALLY ST.THOMAS BUT I DON'T SEE NOWAY THEY COULD NOT EVEN TOUCH FLAMES.

CAUSE BURNING FLAMES RULE!

Credits

Re: Re: Flames

Are you crazy! First of all what jam you went to in the bronx? I say after jamband play most of the crowd walk out. Not this year but I saw it before. Second jamband is know where close to the class of flames; are you crazy. Jamband on a higher level than them. Flames got no class all they have is a big ego that even there own brother won't perfom with them. Jamband had plenty different stlyes before daddy jones come to the band. The man been in the band about 5 months and you take he made what they are today. Are you crazy! You ever went to a jam outside new york? I been to them all over and I see jamband flop flames in atlanta,miami,orlando. It not happen in new york yet cause they always rush toplay with them in new york. Jamband name changed once from eddie and the movements to jamband. And they still have orginal members. Anybody can sample some music and play it. Flames famous for that. Flames won on show in st thomas about 15 years ago; you never been to nothing but quick to talk about stuff you don't have a clue about. If you where a real flames fan you would know that since onyan left the band the music has not gotting better. They barley holding on. In the small islands right now they na say nothing. So bffan go out to some jams and come back when you been some where before you make crazy comments.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Flames

STEUPS...OH LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!

1-ME NEVER SEE JAMBAND FLOP FLAMES IN D BRONX PLUS IT DEPENDS WHO PLAY FIRST OR LAST. WHEN FLAMES PLAY DONE FIRST ANTIGUAN CROWD LEAVE VI CROWD COME AND VICE A VERSA. FLAMES DOES SEND DAT CROWD CRAZY COMPARE TO JAMBAND-AH SAW AT PARKSIDE PLAZA ESPECIALLY IN 1997 AND LAST YEAR AT THE SKATE KEY.

2-FLAMES MUSIC IS ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL. MORE CHORDS, MORE VARIETY OF STYLES, MORE EXPERIENCED MUSICIANS, MORE SINGING, MUSICAL ARRANGEMENT ALL BETTAH THAN JAMBAND.

3-ALL THE MUSIC FLAMES RECORDED FOR CARNIVAL WAS THEIR OWN. WHILE JAMBAND DOES RECORD OTHER PEOPLE MUSIC ON THEIR CD - IS THAT SAMPLING? NOW, ALL BANDS DOES SAMPLE IN THEIR LIVES ITS NOT JUST FLAMES. CAUSE JAMBAND DOES SING OTHER PEOPLE TUNES TO THEIR RYTHYM IN THEIR ONLY UNIQUE YOU CAN'T SAY THAT AINT SAMPLING WHILE WHAT FLAMES DOES IS. EVERY SOCA BAND DOES SAMPLE.....STEUPS!
    NOW I AIN SAYING JAMBAND DON'T HAVE GOOD MUSICIANS, THEY DO HAVE GO MUSICIANS BUT I CAN'T CLASS ANY OF THEM WITH ANY OF FLAMES MUSICIANS AND THAT GOES FOR ALMOST EVERY OTHER SOCA BAND TOO.

4-AS FAR AS I KNOW JAMBAND WAS ONCE EDDIE AND THE MOVEMENTS THEN MOVEMENTS THEN TO JAMBAND. I KNOW THERE ARE A FEW NEW FACES THAT RECENTLY JOIN JAMBAND. AND EDDIE AND THE MOVEMENTS HAD SEVERAL HORN MEN AND I DO SEE DEM WITH MUCH HORN MAN IF ANY LATELY. SO I KNOW ALOT OF DEM CHANGE. JAMBAND USE TO HAVE ANOTHER SINGER BESIDE FRIDAY, BUT HE AIN SINGING WITH THEM NO MORE EITHER. SO DON'T BRING DAT, BUT HOW DEY STILL HAVE THE SAME MEMBERS...STEUPS!

5-YES FLAMES BEAT THEM AND ALL DEM OTHER BAND FROM ST.THOMAS IN ST.THOMAS! AND THEY FORCE DEM AND ALL DEM OTHER BAND FROM ST.THOMAS AND THE CARIBBEAN TO CHANGE THEIR STYLE OF PLAYING MUSIC BY GETTING A RYTHYM BOX!

6- OTHER THAN THEIR USUAL FAST AND SLOW TUNES, WHEN JAMBAND CAN MAKE A COUPLE PURE ZOUK TUNES IN PATOIS, A COUPLE PURE DANCEHALL TUNE, A COUPLE PURE SALSA TUNE, A COUPLE PURE HIP HOP TUNE, A COUPLE PURE ROCK TUNE, A COUPLE PURE R AND B POP, A COUPLE PURE ROCK AND ROLL TUNE,AND A A COUPLE REAL OLD TIME CALYPSO TUNE (NOT JUST LYRICS) INSTEAD OF SINGING POPULAR TUNES INTO THEIR MONOTONOUS PATENTED STYLE THEN MAYBE I MIGHT RECONSIDER PLACING THEM ON THE SAME LEVEL OF FLAMES. I DON'T EVEN THINK THEY MADE A ORINIGINAL VI QUELBEH TUNE
    LIKE STANLEY MUSIC. AND YOU THINK THEY BETTAH THAN FLAMES....STEUPS!

7-FLAMES IS STILL THE MOST POPULAR BAND IN THE REGION. JAMBAND CANNOT TOUCH DEM. DEY MIGHT BE ABLE GO GIVE THEM LICKS HERE AND THERE BUT FLAMES ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO MAKE A COME BACK. LOOK HOW FAR THEY WERE ABLE TO COME SINCE ONYAN LEFT AT TIMES DEY STILL COULD MAKE JAMBAND LOOK SMALL AND BORING. AND THEY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO STILL HAVE A VARIETY OF MUSIC SINCE ONYAN LEFT BUT NOT AT THE SAME RATE. BUT MORE THAN THE AVERAGE TOP BAND AND ESPECIALLY MORE THAN JAMBAND!

8-TO SUM IT ALL UP. FLAMES CANNOT BE COOLED CAUSE AH DEM RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by islandquity
    Are you crazy! First of all what jam you went to in the bronx? I say after jamband play most of the crowd walk out. Not this year but I saw it before. Second jamband is know where close to the class of flames; are you crazy. Jamband on a higher level than them. Flames got no class all they have is a big ego that even there own brother won't perfom with them. Jamband had plenty different stlyes before daddy jones come to the band. The man been in the band about 5 months and you take he made what they are today. Are you crazy! You ever went to a jam outside new york? I been to them all over and I see jamband flop flames in atlanta,miami,orlando. It not happen in new york yet cause they always rush toplay with them in new york. Jamband name changed once from eddie and the movements to jamband. And they still have orginal members. Anybody can sample some music and play it. Flames famous for that. Flames won on show in st thomas about 15 years ago; you never been to nothing but quick to talk about stuff you don't have a clue about. If you where a real flames fan you would know that since onyan left the band the music has not gotting better. They barley holding on. In the small islands right now they na say nothing. So bffan go out to some jams and come back when you been some where before you make crazy comments.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Flames

Originally posted by BFFan
    STEUPS...OH LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!

1-ME NEVER SEE JAMBAND FLOP FLAMES IN D BRONX PLUS IT DEPENDS WHO PLAY FIRST OR LAST. WHEN FLAMES PLAY DONE FIRST ANTIGUAN CROWD LEAVE VI CROWD COME AND VICE A VERSA. FLAMES DOES SEND DAT CROWD CRAZY COMPARE TO JAMBAND-AH SAW AT PARKSIDE PLAZA ESPECIALLY IN 1997 AND LAST YEAR AT THE SKATE KEY.

2-FLAMES MUSIC IS ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL. MORE CHORDS, MORE VARIETY OF STYLES, MORE EXPERIENCED MUSICIANS, MORE SINGING, MUSICAL ARRANGEMENT ALL BETTAH THAN JAMBAND.

3-ALL THE MUSIC FLAMES RECORDED FOR CARNIVAL WAS THEIR OWN. WHILE JAMBAND DOES RECORD OTHER PEOPLE MUSIC ON THEIR CD - IS THAT SAMPLING? NOW, ALL BANDS DOES SAMPLE IN THEIR LIVES ITS NOT JUST FLAMES. CAUSE JAMBAND DOES SING OTHER PEOPLE TUNES TO THEIR RYTHYM IN THEIR ONLY UNIQUE YOU CAN'T SAY THAT AINT SAMPLING WHILE WHAT FLAMES DOES IS. EVERY SOCA BAND DOES SAMPLE.....STEUPS!
    NOW I AIN SAYING JAMBAND DON'T HAVE GOOD MUSICIANS, THEY DO HAVE GO MUSICIANS BUT I CAN'T CLASS ANY OF THEM WITH ANY OF FLAMES MUSICIANS AND THAT GOES FOR ALMOST EVERY OTHER SOCA BAND TOO.

4-AS FAR AS I KNOW JAMBAND WAS ONCE EDDIE AND THE MOVEMENTS THEN MOVEMENTS THEN TO JAMBAND. I KNOW THERE ARE A FEW NEW FACES THAT RECENTLY JOIN JAMBAND. AND EDDIE AND THE MOVEMENTS HAD SEVERAL HORN MEN AND I DO SEE DEM WITH MUCH HORN MAN IF ANY LATELY. SO I KNOW ALOT OF DEM CHANGE. JAMBAND USE TO HAVE ANOTHER SINGER BESIDE FRIDAY, BUT HE AIN SINGING WITH THEM NO MORE EITHER. SO DON'T BRING DAT, BUT HOW DEY STILL HAVE THE SAME MEMBERS...STEUPS!

5-YES FLAMES BEAT THEM AND ALL DEM OTHER BAND FROM ST.THOMAS IN ST.THOMAS! AND THEY FORCE DEM AND ALL DEM OTHER BAND FROM ST.THOMAS AND THE CARIBBEAN TO CHANGE THEIR STYLE OF PLAYING MUSIC BY GETTING A RYTHYM BOX!

6- OTHER THAN THEIR USUAL FAST AND SLOW TUNES, WHEN JAMBAND CAN MAKE A COUPLE PURE ZOUK TUNES IN PATOIS, A COUPLE PURE DANCEHALL TUNE, A COUPLE PURE SALSA TUNE, A COUPLE PURE HIP HOP TUNE, A COUPLE PURE ROCK TUNE, A COUPLE PURE R AND B POP, A COUPLE PURE ROCK AND ROLL TUNE,AND A A COUPLE REAL OLD TIME CALYPSO TUNE (NOT JUST LYRICS) INSTEAD OF SINGING POPULAR TUNES INTO THEIR MONOTONOUS PATENTED STYLE THEN MAYBE I MIGHT RECONSIDER PLACING THEM ON THE SAME LEVEL OF FLAMES. I DON'T EVEN THINK THEY MADE A ORINIGINAL VI QUELBEH TUNE
    LIKE STANLEY MUSIC. AND YOU THINK THEY BETTAH THAN FLAMES....STEUPS!

7-FLAMES IS STILL THE MOST POPULAR BAND IN THE REGION. JAMBAND CANNOT TOUCH DEM. DEY MIGHT BE ABLE GO GIVE THEM LICKS HERE AND THERE BUT FLAMES ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO MAKE A COME BACK. LOOK HOW FAR THEY WERE ABLE TO COME SINCE ONYAN LEFT AT TIMES DEY STILL COULD MAKE JAMBAND LOOK SMALL AND BORING. AND THEY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO STILL HAVE A VARIETY OF MUSIC SINCE ONYAN LEFT BUT NOT AT THE SAME RATE. BUT MORE THAN THE AVERAGE TOP BAND AND ESPECIALLY MORE THAN JAMBAND!

8-TO SUM IT ALL UP. FLAMES CANNOT BE COOLED CAUSE AH DEM RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE!!!!!!!!
    1.first jamband play down stairs flames played up stairs at parkside 2 years ago and they had to stop people from coming down stairs so it could have some people in flames. 2.Second when I say sample flames musicians don't be playing all the time in a live show. It be sampled stuff playing not them. 3. Jamband record only there music all the time; flames put zoom zoom on there cd which is an imagi tune and also they but roll babty which is a 17 tune. Who in flanes got better lyrics than friday? Lenny is one of the best drummers in the world. Daddy jones is the best riddim box man around. 4.Jamband was never movements it was eddie and the movements then jamband get your facts right. As far as members changing didn't flames have a girl name esther? Or what about the white man. Flames been threw changes too. 5. Flames win 1 thing lets pop the moet. lol . Jamband got some zouk on there last album listen before you talk. 6. I don't go to a soca show to here hip hop, salsa, reggae etc I go to jam and here soca. And they do play reggae and hip hop. Flames need to beg back onyan then try again. Flames only rule you. Know one else.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flames

1-TWO YEARS AGO, SOME PEOPLE TOLD ME .THEY CAME UPSTAIRS CAUSE THEY TIRED OF JAMBAND WIT D SAME SHITE.

2-IF THAT SO THEN ALMOST EVERY VI BAND SAMPLE FLAMES WHEN THEY GOT THEIR FIRST RYTHYM BOX. FLAMES DON'T PLAY (OR AS YOU SAY SAMPLE) OTHER PEOPLE MUSIC EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL EITHER.

3-JAMBAND PARTY MIXES DOES HAVE OTHER PEOPLE TUNES. I WANT TO WHAT TUNE ON WHAT CARNIVAL ALBUM FLAMES USE ZOOM ZOOM AND ROLL BABY ROLL CAUSE I HAVE CARNIVAL 16 OF THEIR ALBUMS AND MOST OF THEIR RECORDED TUNES FROM 1985-1987 AND MEH NAH HEAR UM. IN TERMS OF LYRICS I WOULD TIE OUNGKU AND FRIDAY. FOXX IS A BETTAH DRUMMER THAN LENNY OR ANY BODY WHO EVER DRUM FOR JAMBAND. AND AS TALENTED AS DADDY JONES IS HE AINT BETTAH THAN OUNGKU ESPECIALLY IN ARRANGING MUSIC. YES DADDYJONES COULD MAKE SOME REALLY WICKED RYTHYMS AND CAN CREATE SOME REALLY NICE MELODIES, BUT IN TERMS OF MAKING A RYTHYM TO SUIT A SONG OR A CHANT HE CAN'T HOLD OUNGKU. IN CHORDS HE CAN'T HOLD OUNGKU EITHER AND ALSO IN VOCAL ARRANGEMENT. I HAVE HUGE RESPECT FOR DADDYJONES BUT OUNGKU STILL ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL.

4-EDDIE AND THE MOVEMNENTS WAS PARTICALLY A DIFFERENT BAND. THEY WERE A BIG ASSS BRASS BAND AND WHAT JAMBAND IS NOW-PRACTICALLY NO BRASS, ALOT OF RYTHYM FROM THE RYTHYM BOX. THEIR HAS BEEN ALOT OF CHANGES IN THE BAND MEMBERS EVEN WITH ONE OTHER SINGER. THEY HAD TO TRANSFORM FOR THEIR OWN SURVIVAL-LARGELY DUE TO FLAMES AND THE CROP OF WANNA -BE LIKE FLAMES BANDS ACROSS THE VI. FLAMES HAD A FEW CHANGES THEY ADD FOUR PEOPLE SINCE THE LOST ONYAN AND LOST TWO OF THEM, WHITEMAN AND ESTHER. BUT THEY STILL MAINTAIN THE STATUS AS ANTIGUA'S TOP BAND IN FACING FIERCE COMPETITION TOO AND STILL A TOP BAND IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE CARIBBEAN TOO!

5-I DON'T THINK A BAND FROM NO OTHER ISLAND HAS EVER WON A MUSICAL COMPETTION LIKE BRASSORAMA IN ST.THOMAS (PROBABLY EXCEPT FOR EXPRESS BAND RECENTLY) AND FLAMES DID IT AGAINST YOUR BAND, IMAGI, 17 PLUS (DON'T REMEMBER IF MILO WAS THERE)IN ST.THOMAS-I DON'T CARE THAT'S FEAT.

6-FLAMES ONLY RULEME? WHAT BOUT THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR THEM, LIONS IN ANTIGUA WHICH DOES AVERAGE 4000 TO 5000 PEOPLE A NIGHT FOR 6-8 NIGHTS DURING ANTIGUA'S CARNIVAL. THE PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT ISLANDS WHO DOES JAM WITH DEM. JAMBAND DOES MOSTLY HAVE VI PEOPLE BEHIND DEM. FACE THE DE FRAYGIN REALITY-FLAMES IS A MORE POPULAR BAND THAN JAMBAND!

7-IF YOU GO TO HEAR SOCA TO A LIVE THAT YOUR PERROGATIVE, BUT WHEN I TALK ABAOUT, HIPHOP, REGGAE, DANCHALL, ROCK, ROCKAND ROLL, R AND B , ZOUK AND ZOUK IN PATOIS AND POP I TALKING NOT ONLY ABOUT LIVE , I TALKING ABOUT THE THE ABILITY TO MAKE AND RECORD THOSE KINDS OF TUNES. I NEVER HEAR DEM TINGS FROM JAMBAND AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BELEIVE THEY BETTAH THAN FLAMES?, BETTAH MUSICIANS THAN FLAMES?, BETTAH MUSIC THAN FLAMES?, BETTAH LYRICS THAN FLAMES?....YOU MUST BE MAD SICK CAUSE YOU HEAD NAH GOOD!

7-BURNING FLAMES RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE!

1.first jamband play down stairs flames played up stairs at parkside 2 years ago and they had to stop people from coming down stairs so it could have some people in flames. 2.Second when I say sample flames musicians don't be playing all the time in a live show. It be sampled stuff playing not them. 3. Jamband record only there music all the time; flames put zoom zoom on there cd which is an imagi tune and also they but roll babty which is a 17 tune. Who in flanes got better lyrics than friday? Lenny is one of the best drummers in the world. Daddy jones is the best riddim box man around. 4.Jamband was never movements it was eddie and the movements then jamband get your facts right. As far as members changing didn't flames have a girl name esther? Or what about the white man. Flames been threw changes too. 5. Flames win 1 thing lets pop the moet. lol . Jamband got some zouk on there last album listen before you talk. 6. I don't go to a soca show to here hip hop, salsa, reggae etc I go to jam and here soca. And they do play reggae and hip hop. Flames need to beg back onyan then try again. Flames only rule you. Know one else.
    Last edited by BFFan; 09-26-2003 at 12:40 AM.

Credits
    It seems to me that the only people that actually LIKE Jam Band are people that are from the USVI and BVI. I'm from Tortola and I don't like them at all.....every single song sounds the same (no offense to the Jam Band lovers out there).

Anyways......

The # 1 "small Island" band is Nu Vibes.....well...in MY opinion at least.
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

www.myspace.com/jalenamusic
    www.youtube.com/jalenamusic
    www.twitter.com/jalenarocks

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flames

Originally posted by BFFan
    1-TWO YEARS AGO, SOME PEOPLE TOLD ME .THEY CAME UPSTAIRS CAUSE THEY TIRED OF JAMBAND WIT D SAME SHITE.

2-IF THAT SO THEN ALMOST EVERY VI BAND SAMPLE FLAMES WHEN THEY GOT THEIR FIRST RYTHYM BOX. FLAMES DON'T PLAY (OR AS YOU SAY SAMPLE) OTHER PEOPLE MUSIC EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL EITHER.

3-JAMBAND PARTY MIXES DOES HAVE OTHER PEOPLE TUNES. I WANT TO WHAT TUNE ON WHAT CARNIVAL ALBUM FLAMES USE ZOOM ZOOM AND ROLL BABY ROLL CAUSE I HAVE CARNIVAL 16 OF THEIR ALBUMS AND MOST OF THEIR RECORDED TUNES FROM 1985-1987 AND MEH NAH HEAR UM. IN TERMS OF LYRICS I WOULD TIE OUNGKU AND FRIDAY. FOXX IS A BETTAH DRUMMER THAN LENNY OR ANY BODY WHO EVER DRUM FOR JAMBAND. AND AS TALENTED AS DADDY JONES IS HE AINT BETTAH THAN OUNGKU ESPECIALLY IN ARRANGING MUSIC. YES DADDYJONES COULD MAKE SOME REALLY WICKED RYTHYMS AND CAN CREATE SOME REALLY NICE MELODIES, BUT IN TERMS OF MAKING A RYTHYM TO SUIT A SONG OR A CHANT HE CAN'T HOLD OUNGKU. IN CHORDS HE CAN'T HOLD OUNGKU EITHER AND ALSO IN VOCAL ARRANGEMENT. I HAVE HUGE RESPECT FOR DADDYJONES BUT OUNGKU STILL ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL.

4-EDDIE AND THE MOVEMNENTS WAS PARTICALLY A DIFFERENT BAND. THEY WERE A BIG ASSS BRASS BAND AND WHAT JAMBAND IS NOW-PRACTICALLY NO BRASS, ALOT OF RYTHYM FROM THE RYTHYM BOX. THEIR HAS BEEN ALOT OF CHANGES IN THE BAND MEMBERS EVEN WITH ONE OTHER SINGER. THEY HAD TO TRANSFORM FOR THEIR OWN SURVIVAL-LARGELY DUE TO FLAMES AND THE CROP OF WANNA -BE LIKE FLAMES BANDS ACROSS THE VI. FLAMES HAD A FEW CHANGES THEY ADD FOUR PEOPLE SINCE THE LOST ONYAN AND LOST TWO OF THEM, WHITEMAN AND ESTHER. BUT THEY STILL MAINTAIN THE STATUS AS ANTIGUA'S TOP BAND IN FACING FIERCE COMPETITION TOO AND STILL A TOP BAND IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE CARIBBEAN TOO!

5-I DON'T THINK A BAND FROM NO OTHER ISLAND HAS EVER WON A MUSICAL COMPETTION LIKE BRASSORAMA IN ST.THOMAS (PROBABLY EXCEPT FOR EXPRESS BAND RECENTLY) AND FLAMES DID IT AGAINST YOUR BAND, IMAGI, 17 PLUS (DON'T REMEMBER IF MILO WAS THERE)IN ST.THOMAS-I DON'T CARE THAT'S FEAT.

6-FLAMES ONLY RULEME? WHAT BOUT THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR THEM, LIONS IN ANTIGUA WHICH DOES AVERAGE 4000 TO 5000 PEOPLE A NIGHT FOR 6-8 NIGHTS DURING ANTIGUA'S CARNIVAL. THE PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT ISLANDS WHO DOES JAM WITH DEM. JAMBAND DOES MOSTLY HAVE VI PEOPLE BEHIND DEM. FACE THE DE FRAYGIN REALITY-FLAMES IS A MORE POPULAR BAND THAN JAMBAND!

7-IF YOU GO TO HEAR SOCA TO A LIVE THAT YOUR PERROGATIVE, BUT WHEN I TALK ABAOUT, HIPHOP, REGGAE, DANCHALL, ROCK, ROCKAND ROLL, R AND B , ZOUK AND ZOUK IN PATOIS AND POP I TALKING NOT ONLY ABOUT LIVE , I TALKING ABOUT THE THE ABILITY TO MAKE AND RECORD THOSE KINDS OF TUNES. I NEVER HEAR DEM TINGS FROM JAMBAND AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BELEIVE THEY BETTAH THAN FLAMES?, BETTAH MUSICIANS THAN FLAMES?, BETTAH MUSIC THAN FLAMES?, BETTAH LYRICS THAN FLAMES?....YOU MUST BE MAD SICK CAUSE YOU HEAD NAH GOOD!

7-BURNING FLAMES RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE!
    You like to go from what people say? You need to go out to fetes before you make your comments. No VI bands don't even play no flames songs at all. They will jam da bahn, onyan but not flames. Jamband party mix don't have other people songs in it. And you going compare a party mix to someone taking somebody song and singing it word for word and putting it on there album. Check your records good you will see that flames did record does songs are you got some bad bottleg. Oungku could never tie friday in lyrics. He not even clost. Oungku is a sorry song writer. Lenny can hold down foxx anyday. Even krokuss can drum better than he. And daddy jones is in a class by his self. Way better than oungku. Oungku been using the same riddims for the songs the last couple of years. listen to super soca and rush it's the same dam song. Hodgei from better band better than oungku. Flames have no brass; jamband still has a brass section that is at ever jam they play. No band in the VI wants to be like flames. They come last year for the 50th carnival and flop. Onyan band came this year and did a much better job. Flames was lost dieing for help till they mad magican. And then fall back off with romans and super soca. And they been playing that same old tired riddim from live cd for about 12 years. When ever the crowd not dancing what they do lick that tired riddim from live cd. When they going to come better than that. The same tired crap! Flames won a show that was held by an antiguan which most of the bands did not even play 20 min. The show hardly had anyone there. Lets pop the moet they won. lol. They come back 4 more times and did not place in the top 3. When lastyou been to a dance in lions? There you go again talking about stuff you don't be at. When you go then you can talk. When last you went to a soca fete and someone was asking for some rock n roll? You mad ah war! Next time I in a fete I going to request some korn or limp bizkit. lol. You acting like a real antiguan. Most antiguan don't jambehind flames like that anymore. Da bahn, el kru, onyan and baygon, vision and more past them in antigua already. Flames popular in tnt and barbados now. But in the small islands they na say nothing. No kind of ratings. I know your judge of talent is not to good because you even got wck up there who rent musicans everytime thay play. You may need to take a step back and look at yourself.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flames

STEUPS....SOME OF DEH CRAP YOU TALKIN IS AH BUNCHA NONSENSE MAN!
    DIS JUS GOING TO BE BACK AND FORTH....CAUSE IN MY OPINION FLAMES IS THE BEST BAND OUT THERE AND NOBODY WILL NEVER CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE AND I MEAN NEVER!
    YOU GOING AN LIKE FLAMES IS AH DEAD BAND...LIKE DEY DUNN...DEY BURIED....DEY FINISH...DEY BRUCK DUNG....OR AS VI PEOPLE DO SEH: DEY RASSS COM SAFF!
    DEH BAND STILL AH TOP BAND IN THE CARIBBEAN. DEY JUST WIN ROADMARCH IN ANTIGUA....DEY BEEN TEKKING EVERYBODY ELSE CROWD IN JOUVERT. SOME OF D OTHER ANTIGUAN BANDS REALLY BEEN COMING ON STRONG RECENTLY BUT I AIN GOING TO PUT DEM UP THERE WITH FLAMES....NOWAY!
    AND I WILL RESTATE THEY ARE THE BEST BAND OUT THERE BUT I KNOW DEY AINT PERFECT AT ALL. I HAVE SEEN THEM 10-15 TIMES SINCE ONYAN LEFT AND I WOULD ONLY TWICE THEY REALLY GOOD UP TO THEIR STANDARD, THE REMAINING WERE EITHER JUST OKAY OR SO-SO. THEIR MAIN WEAKNESS AT LIVE JAMS IS UNDERPERFORMING...TOO MUCH IMPROVIZATION AND NOT ENOUGH PRACTICE. MOST OF THE TIME I FEEL THEY COULD DO BETTAH BUT I AIN'T PLACING NO BAND ABOVE DEM FOR THAT. IF A BAND PLAYED BETTER THAN DEM A NIGHT OR TWO I JUMPING THAT BAND WAGON THAT EASY NOWAY....A BAND WOULD HAVE PRODUCE SOME VERY SERIOUS ORIGINAL MUSIC
    FOR ATLEAST 10-15 YEARS STRAIGHT, BE EXPERTS IN OTHER GENRES OF MUSIC AND SOME IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES, HAVE A HUGE FOLLOWING IN THE WHOLE CARIBBEAN, WIN SEVERAL ROAD MARCHES FOR ME TO CONSIDER THAT BAND IN THE SAME CLASS WITH FLAMES...AND JAMBAND HAS ACCOMPLISH SOME OF THIS SO HAVE A FEW OTHER BANDS BUT IN MY OPINION THEY HAVEN'T QUITE CUT IT TO ME BUT THEY STILL HAVE POTENTIAL.
    AND RUSH AND SUPASOCA DON'T HAVE THE SAME EXACT RYTHYM...BUT THE RYTHYMS HAVE THE SIMILAR BEATS..I THINK THAT BEAT WAS FIRST USED IN PIECE OF IRON IN 1991. A LOT OF DIFFERENT SMALL ISLAND BANDS HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DEVELOP THEIR OWN RYTHYMS AND SOME OF THEM ARE QUITE WICKED TOO ESPECIALLY THOSE OF DADDYJONES AND WCK BUT WHAT I HAVE HEARD OUNGKU DO WITH PEICE OF IRON IS STILL BEYOND WHAT I HAVE HEARD FROM ANY BODY IN THE CARIBBEAN.
    RIGHT NOW I DON'T THINK THEY ARE FOCUSING ON THE SMALL ISLANDS AS THEY USE TO RIGHT NOW WHICH IS UNFORTUNATE.
    MAYBE WINNING ANTIGUA'S ROADMARCH AND GETTING A FEW JOBS HERE AND THERE IS ADEQUATE FOR THEM. THERE IS NOT MUCH FOR THEM TO PROVE IN THE SMALL ISLANDS THEIR HISTORY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. BUT THEY ARE CAPABEL OF BOUNCING BACK WHEN ITS NECESSARY. NOW I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO FOCUS MORE ON ONIKA AND HER SUCCESS IN TNT AND OTHER PARTS IN THE CARIBBEAN.
    IF THEY ARE HANGING ON BARELY WHY WHERE THEY ABLE BUILD AND ESTABLISH THEIR OWN RECORDING STUDIO. AND WHY WERE THEY PRACTICALLY ONE OF VERY FEW ATMOST TWO OTHER SOCA BANDS ON THE PARKWAY? WHERE WAS JAMBAND,VISION BAND, DA BAHNN, BAYGON BAND SINCE PEOPLE WERE FLOCKING AWAY FROM FLAMES TO THEM?

You like to go from what people say? You need to go out to fetes before you make your comments. No VI bands don't even play no flames songs at all. They will jam da bahn, onyan but not flames. Jamband party mix don't have other people songs in it. And you going compare a party mix to someone taking somebody song and singing it word for word and putting it on there album. Check your records good you will see that flames did record does songs are you got some bad bottleg. Oungku could never tie friday in lyrics. He not even clost. Oungku is a sorry song writer. Lenny can hold down foxx anyday. Even krokuss can drum better than he. And daddy jones is in a class by his self. Way better than oungku. Oungku been using the same riddims for the songs the last couple of years. listen to super soca and rush it's the same dam song. Hodgei from better band better than oungku. Flames have no brass; jamband still has a brass section that is at ever jam they play. No band in the VI wants to be like flames. They come last year for the 50th carnival and flop. Onyan band came this year and did a much better job. Flames was lost dieing for help till they mad magican. And then fall back off with romans and super soca. And they been playing that same old tired riddim from live cd for about 12 years. When ever the crowd not dancing what they do lick that tired riddim from live cd. When they going to come better than that. The same tired crap! Flames won a show that was held by an antiguan which most of the bands did not even play 20 min. The show hardly had anyone there. Lets pop the moet they won. lol. They come back 4 more times and did not place in the top 3. When lastyou been to a dance in lions? There you go again talking about stuff you don't be at. When you go then you can talk. When last you went to a soca fete and someone was asking for some rock n roll? You mad ah war! Next time I in a fete I going to request some korn or limp bizkit. lol. You acting like a real antiguan. Most antiguan don't jambehind flames like that anymore. Da bahn, el kru, onyan and baygon, vision and more past them in antigua already. Flames popular in tnt and barbados now. But in the small islands they na say nothing. No kind of ratings. I know your judge of talent is not to good because you even got wck up there who rent musicans everytime thay play. You may need to take a step back and look at yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast