Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: So what were the Biggest and Baddest Soca Songs for 2016 !

  1. #31
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappo View Post
    i dont feel machel music like i use to, maybe as he gets older he need to transition more into a business role. twith that being said the biggest/baddest song this year was oh ya-oltaunji. that song got mad love from the african community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiwah View Post
    Oh Yay is a fantastic song and the fact that is received 3,614,413 views on YouTube to date shows how big the song was and continues to be.

    Machel Montano continues to explore and expand his horizons musically. I am sure that you are not the only one who has lost touch with him. However, he continues to be 'the major draw' in the World of Soca.

    I personally love his musical style and, having said that, must mention the song "Human"... the lyrical content/message and groove is one of my favorites for the past years
    "OH YAY" is PRODUCED by VINCIES and WRITTEN by VINCIES.

    But we doh TOOT OUR HORNS as we should. That is why I am here. To TOOT it for them.

    YEAHHHHH SEEEEEEE MEEEEEE
    biggadon likes this.

  2. #32
    Santiwah Santiwah is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869
    Credits
    10,766,779
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    "OH YAY" is PRODUCED by VINCIES and WRITTEN by VINCIES.

    But we doh TOOT OUR HORNS as we should. That is why I am here. To TOOT it for them.

    YEAHHHHH SEEEEEEE MEEEEEE
    Amazing Facts VP... wow, I did not know that.... seriously now.... get over yourself. Do you think that Skinny Fabulous (or just pick an artist, anyone) could have taken those lyrics and music and make it sound as good?

    Just get over yourself fella!

    I have never heard any artist tooting their horns about 'We better than dem' on either side of the coin... so get over yourself!

    For those who don't know, here are the production details (note it was a collaborative effort):

    OK, the song (Oh Yay) was written by:
    Phillip (Wetty-Beatz) Bastien (SVG)
    Kevin (Stadic) Charles (SVG... born in Trinidad)
    Olatunji Yearwood (The Artist, Trinidad)

    Produced and Mixed by:
    Stadic and Wetty Beatz. (SVG)

    Mastered by:
    Nikholai Greene (formerly of Precision Productions), Trinidad
    santiwah@icloud.com

  3. #33
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiwah View Post
    Amazing Facts VP... wow, I did not know that.... seriously now.... get over yourself. Do you think that Skinny Fabulous (or just pick an artist, anyone) could have taken those lyrics and music and make it sound as good?

    Just get over yourself fella!

    I have never heard any artist tooting their horns about 'We better than dem' on either side of the coin... so get over yourself!

    For those who don't know, here are the production details (note it was a collaborative effort):

    OK, the song (Oh Yay) was written by:
    Phillip (Wetty-Beatz) Bastien (SVG)
    Kevin (Stadic) Charles (SVG)
    Olatunji Yearwood (The Artist, Trinidad)

    Produced and Mixed by:
    Stadic and Wetty Beatz. (SVG)

    Mastered by:
    Nikholai Greene (formerly of Precision Productions), Trinidad
    SMH

    U R JOKING with that question??

    Well, LISTEN to the man who WROTE the song (yes, he wrote the song, but the practice these days is to CREDIT the artist if he just add a line or a WORD or two to the track)
    and PRODUCED the track, Wetty Beatz on this BAD BOY.



    He can do it.

  4. #34
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    This YOUTH has more TALENT in his PINKY than most of the TRINIS ARTISTS COMBINED.








  5. #35
    Santiwah Santiwah is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869
    Credits
    10,766,779
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    SMH

    U R JOKING with that question??

    Well, LISTEN to the man who WROTE the song (yes, he wrote the song, but the practice these days is to CREDIT the artist if he just add a line or a WORD or two to the track)
    and PRODUCED the track, Wetty Beatz on this BAD BOY.



    He can do it.
    I noticed that you did not comment on Stadic and the SVG status. I did that on purpose to see if you would come here and acknowledge that he was born in Trinidad.... but you centered on Wetty Beatz.

    Oh well... This is all about where they come from (your thing to prove Vincy have the best) and not about the music, ent!

    santiwah@icloud.com

  6. #36
    Registered User Lappo's Avatar Lappo is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    latèrrè
    Posts
    1,014
    Credits
    12,771,355
    lol, i always thought stadic was trini? which one is it?

  7. #37
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiwah View Post
    I noticed that you did not comment on Stadic and the SVG status. I did that on purpose to see if you would come here and acknowledge that he was born in Trinidad.... but you centered on Wetty Beatz.

    Oh well... This is all about where they come from (your thing to prove Vincy have the best) and not about the music, ent!

    Ask him where he is FROM.

    He will tell U PLAIN AND CLEAR he is a VINCY.

  8. #38
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,725
    Credits
    891,313,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappo View Post
    lol, i always thought stadic was trini? which one is it?
    The producer Kevin (Stadic) Charles clearly states in the interview posted above that he was born in T&T and grew up in SVG and enjoys the best of both worlds.

    Don't see a reason for anyone to be confused after he said that.

    Best of both world means that he probably says he is Trini while he is in T&T and says he is Vincy while he is in SVG and identifies jointly with both islands when he is outside of both T&T and SVG.

    Based upon this information I would say that "Oh Ya" by Olatunji is definitely a joint Trini and Vincy writing and production effort since it was written by:
    Phillip (Wetty-Beatz) Bastien (SVG), Kevin (Stadic) Charles (Trini & SVG) and Olatunji Yearwood (Trini);
    Produced and Mixed by:
    Stadic (Trini & SVG) and Wetty Beat (SVG);
    Mastered by:
    Nikholai Greene (Trini).
    Sung by:
    Olatunji Yearwood (Trini).

    However one would expect VP to try his best to down play the essential Trini contribution to the track which helped to ensure "Oh Ya" became the massive hit that it has become.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  9. #39
    Santiwah Santiwah is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869
    Credits
    10,766,779
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Ask him where he is FROM.

    He will tell U PLAIN AND CLEAR he is a VINCY.
    You and your Tunnel Vision but check this out.

    The Mighty Sparrow was born in Grenada and was taken to Trinidad as a child and spent his entire life in Trinidad (some in the US). As far as you (VP) are concerned Sparrow is Grenadian...good, no issue with that.

    However, the situation is the same with Stadic but this time he (Stadic) was born in Trinidad but grew up in SVG. But wait... you now bend the rules to suit your logic. All of a sudden Stadic is Vincy!

    That is just pure adulterated bull-crap from you... in other words the highest level of hyprocricy one can attain!
    santiwah@icloud.com

  10. #40
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiwah View Post
    You and your Tunnel Vision but check this out.

    The Mighty Sparrow was born in Grenada and was taken to Trinidad as a child and spent his entire life in Trinidad (some in the US). As far as you (VP) are concerned Sparrow is Grenadian...good, no issue with that.

    However, the situation is the same with Stadic but this time he (Stadic) was born in Trinidad but grew up in SVG. But wait... you now bend the rules to suit your logic. All of a sudden Stadic is Vincy!

    That is just pure adulterated bull-crap from you... in other words the highest level of hyprocricy one can attain!
    Vincy PARENTS, RAISED in VINCY, WENT TO SCHOOL in VINCY, VINCY CULTURE IN HIS BLOOD, LEARNED AND HARNESS HIS PRODUCING SKILLS in SVG, HE IS VINCY.

    As for SPARROW, he said he is GRENADIAN.

    Moreover, both his PARENTS were GRENADIANS. He was RAISED in a GRENADIAN HOUSEHOLD. He is a Grenadian.

  11. #41
    Santiwah Santiwah is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869
    Credits
    10,766,779
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Vincy PARENTS, RAISED in VINCY, WENT TO SCHOOL in VINCY, VINCY CULTURE IN HIS BLOOD, LEARNED AND HARNESS HIS PRODUCING SKILLS in SVG, HE IS VINCY.

    As for SPARROW, he said he is GRENADIAN.

    Moreover, both his PARENTS were GRENADIANS. He was RAISED in a GRENADIAN HOUSEHOLD. He is a Grenadian.

    Sigh...You are hopeless! I guess Stadic's birth certificate says born in Trinidad but is ah Vincy by default... if VP say it is so... then it is the salt of the earth.
    santiwah@icloud.com

  12. #42
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,725
    Credits
    891,313,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiwah View Post
    Sigh...You are hopeless! I guess Stadic's birth certificate says born in Trinidad but is an Vincy by default... if VP say it is so... then it is the salt of the earth.
    Stadic enjoys the best of both worlds, he said it himself.
    When he is talking to Vincies he is Vncy and when he is talking to Trinis he is Trini and who can blame him. He identifies with both countries and is smart enough to enjoy the best of both worlds.
    I would do the same if I was in his shoes.
    Santiwah likes this.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  13. #43
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    12,466
    Credits
    85,308,927
    Rikki Jai - Leh We Fete



  14. #44
    JA Soca Ambassador socapineman is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bklyn
    Posts
    12,466
    Credits
    85,308,927
    Kimba Sorzano "SORRY




Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •