Thread: Scale of 1-10: Rate Pump Yuh Flag

Quote Originally Posted by all4life View Post
    1 only because there isn't a zero
    your boy Bunji career seem dead these last two years

:

Based on the other shit i heard this year I give it an 8

Based on Machel standards,comparing it to his other top songs, I will give it a 5

Could someone do me a favour and write 4 lines of a verse in that song, without going back to listen to it.
    ..look how the sun now raising up and the crowd now waking up, the atmosphere have vibes and nothing cant break it up......

Quote Originally Posted by Trinizagada View Post
    This song was originally created to be a commercial (as per Machel and Kernal Roberts (the main writer of the original jingle). What a lot of those hating the song fail to grasp is how an idea became a song and one that with the right planning took it all.

So stop for a moment and realize that Machel and the HD team are extremely intelligent and know this music business better than everyone commenting in these threads!

You (speaking in general terms) can continue to hate the song call it garbage or what ever but who is on the winning team today.... You or Machel and the HD team?
    ohhhhhhhhh. so everyone shud juss vote 5 or more then? Or we shouldnt vote at all?
    Pebbles362436 likes this.

Lightbulb

ohhhhhhhhh. so everyone shud juss vote 5 or more then? Or we shouldnt vote at all?
    Duh what color PYF rag yuh want me to bring back for you?lol Just admit allyuh was wrong nah and take the lost.

the original is a 3
    the 758 is a 7

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jel585 View Post
    the original is a 3
    the 758 is a 7
    Have you not heard the precision road mix? That is at least a 8!

I personally admire how MM worked that song and made millions out of it despite it not being his greatest ever power song!

Quote Originally Posted by all4life View Post
    Could someone do me a favour and write 4 lines of a verse in that song, without going back to listen to it.
    Anytime now would be good!!!!!
    ..look how the sun now raising up and the crowd now waking up, the atmosphere have vibes and nothing cant break it up......

Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva View Post
    Message to die-hard Machel fans:

Breathe for a second when people say they do not like something that Machel does. I am a big Machel fan, but not a die-hard person that has to like everything he does because 'he's the greatest'. I don't let his past greatness cloud my judgement of a song. It is literally impossible for any musician to please my ears every time with every song. Even people who I think are the greatest musicians of all time (e.g. Bob Marley) have songs I don't like.

I think most of Machels songs are great. That's an amazing statement for a man who has been in the game for 30 years. This year was one of his top 5 years imo, and every slow song was incredible. That being said, I don't like Pump Yuh Flag and I believe if KMC sang it, the die-hard Machel fans would say "It's tata and he only singing bout rag and he should give it up". Because it's Machel, the song is 'gold' and a Road March.

Any rational person knows Machel is a phenomenal artist, just be understanding that someone can actually not like a Machel song and call that song 'tata' and still respect Machel. Man...I think he's probably the greatest soca artist of all time...but that being said...my opinion is PYF is weak song at best and will not make any playlist I'm making this year.

I give it a 3.

Oh why don't you shut up already!...don't you know everything Boy puts out is not only a hit but also a cure for cancer, the common cold and AIDS. Don't you know if he would put up his stool for RM that shit (literally) would be a hit?

#sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Chinks View Post
    Oh why don't you shut up already!...don't you know everything Boy puts out is not only a hit but also a cure for cancer, the common cold and AIDS. Don't you know if he would put up his stool for RM that shit (literally) would be a hit?

#sarcasm
    lol. The die-hards...that's how they sound to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinks View Post

#sarcasm

Yuh forget reduce the crime in TnT...He is after all Wonder Boy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12