Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: POSSESSED - New MACHEL MONTANO, KERWIN DUBOIS AND LADYSMITH BLACK MAMBAZO

Credits
    love love love love love this song.

Credits
    I had to come back and say I reaaaaalllllllllllll like this song hahahaha....i listened to it all the way home yeasterday lol.....pores raising, tears welling up in meh eyes and all i could think is "val doh ketch power on de people train"
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    great tune give jack he jacket!

Credits
    Wait til you hear those african voices on a big system.

Oh gord! Mannnnnnn..........!

I suppose at some point it will lemmego....but for now this tune has been completely possessed.
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Credits

carry on

Credits

Thumbs up

Hail it, Hail it, Hail it...sweet music!

Credits
    Got this Wed thanks to MM World app and been playing it ova and ova and ova... bittersweet that I won't get to see what I'm sure will be an amazing performance at Machel Monday nor hear it on the road
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    I fux with this
    "Giving up is hard to do
    When you really love someone
    Giving up .... so hard to do
    When you still depend upon
    Her warm and tender touch
    Her kiss and her hug..........her caress
    Oooooh that used to mean so much
    And bring you happiness"

- Donny Hathaway

Credits
    This song is just ok. As far as taking soca to Africa, the music reached the motherland decades ago. And South African music has very little in common with Caribbean music. A more natural collaboration would have been with West or Central African musicians. BTW, I've always disliked the music of Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

From my collection, Kitch's collaboration with Little Joe Ayesu of Ghana.

http://www.discogs.com/Lord-kitchene...elease/2783721

At one time, it was extremely fashionable to record with the South African vocal group. Here's Brazil's Maria Bethania with them from a disc from the 1990's.

Rudder did his own South African influenced record back in the day. Of course he used real musicians and percussion.

"Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." Frantz Fanon

Credits
    @Seawall
    This thread is about Kerwin & Machel's new track called "Possessed" with Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

No one here cares if you always disliked that SA group or if you believe it is a natural collaboration or not!

Soca artists are free to be as creative as they wish and to do whatever collaborations they want. Music is music and almost everyone loves this song so it is a great collaboration.

Why don't you stop trying to be a sourpuss for just one minute Seawall as it may help you to enjoy your visits to SocaChat if you really have to keep visiting?
    Corrupt file likes this.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    @Seawall
    This thread is about Kerwin & Machel's new track called "Possessed" with Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

No one here cares if you always disliked that SA group or if you believe it is a natural collaboration or not!

Soca artists are free to be as creative as they wish and to do whatever collaborations they want. Music is music and almost everyone loves this song so it is a great collaboration.

Why don't you stop trying to be a sourpuss for just one minute Seawall as it may help you to enjoy your visits to SocaChat if you really have to keep visiting?
    Wait...is this your site or something? Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list. As i said, the song is ok, not some revelatory experience. Well, maybe it is for those who don't listen to anything but jump up soca. Machel's been feeding the masses tata for so long that the rare moments that he releases a decent song, people think it's an instant classic. I have most of the man's albums on my hard drive, and can compile a wicked mixtape from them, however, I realized long ago that he was just rehashing the same formula. He's one of the best live performers in soca, but his recordings have been going the Iwer route for some time.

Credits
    After I made my first comment, I remembered that the Jamaican American kaisonian made some records with Makeba.

Credits
    Seawall its more of a Kerwin song that it is Machel's. So now yuh could allow yuhself to like it a little bit more.

Kerwin's vocal delivery on this song is mint!
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    Seawall its more of a Kerwin song that it is Machel's. So now yuh could allow yuhself to like it a little bit more.

Kerwin's vocal delivery on this song is mint!
    Seawuss will always be a sour camper, de thread is about Machel & Kerwin but Seasalt had to come wid some other bullshit.
    Socapro likes this.
    Do unto others before they do unto you.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
    Wait...is this your site or something? Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list. As i said, the song is ok, not some revelatory experience. Well, maybe it is for those who don't listen to anything but jump up soca. Machel's been feeding the masses tata for so long that the rare moments that he releases a decent song, people think it's an instant classic. I have most of the man's albums on my hard drive, and can compile a wicked mixtape from them, however, I realized long ago that he was just rehashing the same formula. He's one of the best live performers in soca, but his recordings have been going the Iwer route for some time.

As soon as you can remove my posts from regularly being your main focus of attention in most threads then I MAY put you on Ignore.
    Until then I will continue pointing out that you are a music sourpuss because you really are one and if you can't handle that then maybe the solution would be for YOU to put me on Ignore as I will never do you any favours and you know that.

Now back to the topic at hand, Possessed! I had to pull it up 5 times on my radio show today and the Afrobeats DJ's who followed my radio show were demanding that they get a copy.
    Looks likes the track is destined to be a hit here in London with both the Caribbean and African audience/ravers. BIG TUNE!!
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast