Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: THE OFFICIAL 2012 SOCA CHAT MUSiC AWARDS

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    No.1 - no argument there

No.2 - Remove Skinny's name as he only won one title in SVG while Fya Empress won 3 titles including road march and she as well cannot be considered as artist of the year alongside MM.

No.3 - non-started as Skinny did not win the road march title in SVG, Fya Empress did.

No.4 - Bunji's "So & So" is more of an Island Pop than a Ragga Soca but I can understand your confusion.
    Why is it that Fya Empress CANNOT be CONSIDERED next to WINER BOY as ARTIST of the YEAR?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy18 View Post
    create a poll nah.. make we vote it out
    A poll is a POPULARITY CONTEST thus not a TRUE INDICATION of who is worthy of these awards.

Moreover, the MEMBERSHIP is DOMINATED by Trini, thus gives an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE to Trinidad and TOBAGO.

This is an issue that has been written about too many times to count by so-called SMALL ISLANDERS, which Trinis seem not to grasp as being FACTUAL. So the poll is a non starter.

YUHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Credits
    Ok... I LQQK FORWARD to the list from other members.

Credits

2012 Soca Band of the Year

Showtime Band - Tortola, BVI
    Nu Vybes Int'l - St.Kitts & Nevis

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Klutch View Post
    1. SONG OF THE YEAR
    "Bacchanalist"

2. ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    They call him Mr. Fete

3. ROAD MARCH H SONG OF THE YEAR
    Mikey - "We Loose"

4. RAGGA SOCA SONG OF THE YEAR.
    Kimba Sorzano - "Over You"

5. DANSO SONG OF THE YEAR
    I didnt know korean instruments does get blighs for soca awards. Why not make a steel pan song of the year? Anyways i'll do it myself

6. STEEL PAN SONG OF THE YEAR
    Destra - "Carnival Children"

7. "SMALL ISLAND" ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Teddyson John. The man made a smart move and took his talents to Trinidad to work with the best soca production team there is today. :

8. SOCA ISLAND OF THE YEAR
    Trinidad, duh

9. CALYPSO SONG OF THE YEAR
    Lady Gypsy - "No Damn Respect"

10. SOCA CHAT MEMBER OF THE YEAR

11. NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Erphaan Alves

12. ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    Bunji Garlin : iSpaniard

13. PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
    Precision Productions

14. SONG WRITER OF THE YEAR
    Kerwin Dubois

15. SHIT SONG OF THE YEAR
    Pump yuh Flag

16. FEMALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Fya Empress

17. MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Mr. Fete

18. BAND OF THE YEAR
    HD
    A Korean instrument doesn't get a BLIGH in SOCA CHAT. MOREOVER This is all a FIGMENT OF U and the other TRAUMATIZED TRINIS WILD IMAGINATION.

If you are CONFUSED what DANSO IS, JUST SAY the WORD and I will POINT you to the thread.

Pan does not have a category because it is not worthy of one when one look at all the SOCA nations.

This is ISLANDMIX, NOT TRINIMIX

That said; I appreciate your input/list.

YUHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Credits
    [QUOTE=VINCYPOWA;4321497]Yeah Mann, LEY WE DO THIS.

We only dealing with these categories.

1. SONG OF THE YEAR
    Bacchanalist/I like myself
    2. ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Bunji Garlin/Onayn
    Step Pon Dem - Grand Masters

6. "SMALL ISLAND" ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Pumpa
    7. SOCA ISLAND OF THE YEAR
    St. Kitts & Nevis
    8. CALYPSO SONG OF THE YEAR
    Spirit of Carnival - AJ & Skinny Fabulous

10. NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Roxxy
    12. PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
    758 Studio Productions

16. MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Farmer Nappy/Bunji/Lil Rick/Tian Winters/Pumpa
    17. BAND OF THE YEAR
    Nu Vybes/Odisis Band/Onyan and Burning Flames
    Yeah, no more than 5 nominees in each category
    uran10 likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post

Pan does not have a category because it is not worthy of one when one look at all the SOCA nations.
    Dude haul yuh stinking maggot-infested vincentian modda####################!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post

When one look at all the soca nations, the Trinidad soca industry is clearly the biggest (and baddest). Even if you combine all the other small fry industries, they still cannot top Trinidad. With that said, seeing that the steel pan is Trinidad's national and well valued instrument, and Trinidad being the inevitably leading soca nation , it is only appropriate to include a "Steel Pan song of the year" category.
    "Trinidad & Tobago--We a real vibrant life people, we a real happy people, we a real glorious people..."
    -Isaac Blackman: "Sweet Music"

Credits
    When one look at all the soca nations, the Trinidad soca industry is clearly the biggest (and baddest). Even if you combine all the other small fry industries, they still cannot top Trinidad. With that said, seeing that the steel pan is Trinidad's national and well valued instrument, and Trinidad being the inevitably leading soca nation , it is only appropriate to include a "Steel Pan song of the year" category.
    Don't take Mr. Flip-Flop seriously!

One day the argument from him is, T&T is the not the birthplace of pan and the next day Pan does not have a category because it is not worthy of one when one look at all the SOCA nations.

Don't know why you guys keep entertaining this clown!
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    [QUOTE=Kobra Klutch;4322 one look at all the soca nations, the Trinidad soca industry is clearly the biggest (and baddest). Even if you combine all the other small fry industries, they still cannot top Trinidad. With that said, seeing that the steel pan is Trinidad's national and well valued instrument, and Trinidad being the inevitably leading soca nation , it is only appropriate to include a "Steel Pan song of the year" category. [/QUOTE]

Again, this is not who is the BIGGEST and BADDEST, because if Trinidad was the size of say Nevis, it is likely that would have been the stature it would have attained in this soca industry.

That said; no steel pan category in this thread. We might reconsider it if an argument is made by all the SOCA nations to have it listed, so start your campaign now.

YUHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    Dude haul yuh stinking maggot-infested vincentian modda####################!!!
    U R JUST SAY WASTE,so I will just dismiss you like the REJECT that you are

That said; go and take care of your EMOTIONAL and DELUSIONAL ISSUES.

YUHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Credits
    Don't take Mr. Flip-Flop seriously!

One day the argument from him is, T&T is the not the birthplace of pan and the next day Pan does not have a category because it is not worthy of one when one look at all the SOCA nations.

Don't know why you guys keep entertaining this clown!
    Why do these TRAUMATIZED TRINIS LIKE to DELUDE THEMSELVES in this MANNER?
    If you do not understand the rational behind my comment, just ask and I will more than EXPLAIN it to you.

Your statement has nothing to do with your SILLY CLAIM of FLIP FLOP.

In other words, my stance on the birthplace of pan has not change.

YUHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Credits
    1. SONG OF THE YEAR
    "Bacchanalist"

2. ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    They call him Mr. Fete

Mikey - "We Loose"

4. RAGGA SOCA SONG OF THE YEAR.
    Kimba Sorzano - "Over You"

5. DANSO SONG OF THE YEAR
    I didnt know korean instruments does get blighs for soca awards. Why not make a steel pan song of the year? Anyways i'll do it myself

6. STEEL PAN SONG OF THE YEAR
    Destra - "Carnival Children"

7. "SMALL ISLAND" ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Teddyson John. The man made a smart move and took his talents to Trinidad to work with the best soca production team there is today. :

8. SOCA ISLAND OF THE YEAR
    Trinidad, duh

9. CALYPSO SONG OF THE YEAR
    Lady Gypsy - "No Damn Respect"

10. SOCA CHAT MEMBER OF THE YEAR

11. NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Erphaan Alves

12. ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    Bunji Garlin : iSpaniard

13. PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
    Precision Productions

14. SONG WRITER OF THE YEAR
    Kerwin Dubois

15. SHIT SONG OF THE YEAR
    Pump yuh Flag

16. FEMALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Fya Empress

17. MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Mr. Fete

18. BAND OF THE YEAR
    HD
    I like most of your nominations but you are falling into VP's illiterate trap on a couple of categorisations.

Category no.4 will be more appropriate for a Bunji Garlin or Skinny Fabulous song.

Kimba Sorzano's "Over You" is a Groovy Soca with no ragga elements whatsoever so a GROOVY SOCA category needs to be added to this list for the valid nomination of that Kimba song.

Your dismissal of category 5 is correct as Danso is a Korean flute used to play their traditional/classical music and so far not one Caribbean artist has been dotish enough to refer to their music as such, despite VP launching his campaign since March of this year for just one of his Vincy artists to take up his Korean Danso label. Even his music icon KL has ignored him.

Now if we were to add the category Best Island Pop/Island Fusion song to the list at no.5 then maybe this Soca Chat Music Awards can be taken a bit more seriously.

At the end of the day all this list will amount to is another ego-tripping exercise for VP.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    I like most of your nominations but you are falling into VP's illiterate trap on a couple of categorisations.

Category no.4 will be more appropriate for a Bunji Garlin or Skinny Fabulous song.

Kimba Sorzano's "Over You" is a Groovy Soca with no ragga elements whatsoever so a GROOVY SOCA category needs to be added to this list for the valid nomination of that Kimba song.

Your dismissal of category 5 is correct as Danso is a Korean flute used to play their traditional/classical music and so far not one Caribbean artist has been dotish enough to refer to their music as such, despite VP launching his campaign since March of this year for just one of his Vincy artists to take up his Korean Danso label. Even his music icon KL has ignored him.

Now if we were to add the category Best Island Pop/Island Fusion song to the list at no.5 then maybe this Soca Chat Music Awards can be taken a bit more seriously.

At the end of the day all this list will amount to is another ego-tripping exercise for VP.
    Dude, are you not TIRED of TALKING IGNORANCE on a DAILY?

First off, I had to SCHOOL YOU and the other TRAUMATIZED TRINIS on the KOREAN claim, because you did not know it was in reference to an instrument and so you called it a Korean genre.

What would you DUMMIES DO if I was not here to always CORRECT yall?

That said; using your IDIOTIC and LAUGHABLE claim about DANSOCA, which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with a Korean instrument, but has to do with DANCE (DAN) music from the SOUTHERN (SO) CARIBBEAN (CA), which is abbreviated as DANSOCA, but was shortened further to DANSO, then one should say SOCA should not be SOUL of CALYPSO or SOUL CALYPSO because we already had SOUL MUSIC from America.

LQQK, you guys are a bunch of YAPPERS, and so can never come up with anything ORIGINAL or have an ORIGINAL THOUGHT coming from your fingertips to keys.

Furthermore, one should not refer to INDRANI as the FIRST SOKAH song or refer to "SWEET MUSIC" and "ENDLESS VIBRATION" as SOKAH or SOCA, because they were NEVER EVER CALLED by any of that genre when those songs came out. But the IGNORANT ONE, SOCA-AMATEUR, referred to them as SUCH. Yet he has the nerve to chastise one of the TRAUMATIZED TRINIS for acknowledging the DANSO GENRE, so coined by VINCYPOWA

I can further DEMONSTRATE the IGNORANCE and HYPOCRISY of SOCA-AMATEUR but I do not have time to waste on TRASH.

That said; I am not going to waste time on his comment on RAGGA SOCA, because to do so is to SCHOOL HIM once more by using his own words against him.
    It is amazing how these TRAUMATIZED TRINIS always forgetting what they have stated in other threads/posts.

And for your information, DUMMY SOCA-AMATEUR, there is no genre called GROOVY Soca.

YUHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Credits
    For once, can't you guys chill so others can have a proper discussion...
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast