Thread: Naycha Kid joins Vybes FM lineup...

Credits

Naycha Kid joins Vybes FM lineup...

like Family Radio tryin to come out real strong this year...

Naycha Kid joins Vybz FM crew on Family Radio

Friday February 10 2006
    by Tahna Weston

Listeners to Family Radio will be surprised to hear the voice of a new addition to the station line up.

One of the island’s sweetest sounding voices “Naycha Kid” will make his debut tomorrow from 12 until 2 p.m.

Naycha Kid was propelled to stardom in 2004 with his hit song Wave it and almost took the Party Monarch crown last year with Another Man.

Stewart Davis, marketing manager at Family Radio, said entertainment is getting better at Vybz FM “as one of Antigua’s top Soca crossover artistes is now the newest radio personality added to the station’s line up.”

“The Kid”, a member of El-A- Kru is expected to rock the airwaves across the Leeward Islands with his energetic on-air presence.

“At Vybz FM we recognise great talent and we can assure everyone that they will be in for a musical treat when Naycha Kid hits the airwaves this weekend.

“Based on his very strong stage performance and his recognition by the people, we immediately saw where the young and vibrant artiste would fit into our newly re-structured programming,” Davis said.

The Soca performer joins a slate of other admired radio personalities including Tizzy – who is also a member of El-A-Kru, Birdman, Ibis and Zugu.

According to Davis, Saturday’s on Vybz FM will be something to look forward to starting with “Youth Vibes” from 6 a.m. From 10 a.m. Kevin Watkins of High Intensity will then wake up the Leeward Islands with “CalypSoca Link Up” rotating all of your favourite soca and calypso tunes from across the islands.

“The addition of Naycha Kid to our radio line up is coming close to our final stages for what is growing to be a very strong and popular cast… There is still yet another very big addition coming to the Vybz FM team.

“This new addition will complete our long-term line-up for what is seen to be the best ever Radio Entertainment combination ever to hit the Leeward Islands.

“Coming up with quality entertainment for our listeners in the Caribbean and around the world, through our Web site www.familyradionetwork.com, is what Family Radio Network is focusing on today; and with the addition of one of the regions brightest upcoming voices we are just a few steps closer to taking radio entertainment above and beyond its horizons,” Davis said.

Credits
    Ok I wuz juss about to say isn't that the same station dat Tizzy works at ...good for him

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMs
    Ok I wuz juss about to say is that the same station dat Tizzy works at ...good for him
    Dont go beg the man fuh he extra change now eh!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LEROY BROWN
    Dont go beg the man fuh he extra change now eh!

choooooops STFU and go help Stryka's sperm to mature so he can breed Sole
    Last edited by LolaMs; 02-10-2006 at 02:41 PM.

Registered User small_island_descent's Avatar small_island_descent is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by yanktiguan
    like Family Radio tryin to come out real strong this year...

Naycha Kid joins Vybz FM crew on Family Radio

Friday February 10 2006
    by Tahna Weston

Listeners to Family Radio will be surprised to hear the voice of a new addition to the station line up.

One of the island’s sweetest sounding voices “Naycha Kid” will make his debut tomorrow from 12 until 2 p.m.

Naycha Kid was propelled to stardom in 2004 with his hit song Wave it and almost took the Party Monarch crown last year with Another Man.

Stewart Davis, marketing manager at Family Radio, said entertainment is getting better at Vybz FM “as one of Antigua’s top Soca crossover artistes is now the newest radio personality added to the station’s line up.”

“The Kid”, a member of El-A- Kru is expected to rock the airwaves across the Leeward Islands with his energetic on-air presence.

“At Vybz FM we recognise great talent and we can assure everyone that they will be in for a musical treat when Naycha Kid hits the airwaves this weekend.

“Based on his very strong stage performance and his recognition by the people, we immediately saw where the young and vibrant artiste would fit into our newly re-structured programming,” Davis said.

The Soca performer joins a slate of other admired radio personalities including Tizzy – who is also a member of El-A-Kru, Birdman, Ibis and Zugu.

According to Davis, Saturday’s on Vybz FM will be something to look forward to starting with “Youth Vibes” from 6 a.m. From 10 a.m. Kevin Watkins of High Intensity will then wake up the Leeward Islands with “CalypSoca Link Up” rotating all of your favourite soca and calypso tunes from across the islands.

“The addition of Naycha Kid to our radio line up is coming close to our final stages for what is growing to be a very strong and popular cast… There is still yet another very big addition coming to the Vybz FM team.

“This new addition will complete our long-term line-up for what is seen to be the best ever Radio Entertainment combination ever to hit the Leeward Islands.

“Coming up with quality entertainment for our listeners in the Caribbean and around the world, through our Web site www.familyradionetwork.com, is what Family Radio Network is focusing on today; and with the addition of one of the regions brightest upcoming voices we are just a few steps closer to taking radio entertainment above and beyond its horizons,” Davis said.

Forgive me for asking but....isn't Naycha Kid guyanese ?

I mean, I'm just saying, isn't trying to claim Naycha Kid as an Antiguan almost like claiming Sparrow as a Trini ?

Don't get it twisted, I really don't mind if Naycha kid is considered Antiguan at all. I'm just saying, he was born in guyana, his family is from guyana, I think he was raised in Antigua but I'm not sure.

Either way, if Naycha kid calls himself Antiguan, it's all good but if he is still considered guyanese, can Antigua really claim him ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by small_island_descent
    Forgive me for asking but....isn't Naycha Kid guyanese ?

I mean, I'm just saying, isn't trying to claim Naycha Kid as an Antiguan almost like claiming Sparrow as a Trini ?

Don't get it twisted, I really don't mind if Naycha kid is considered Antiguan at all. I'm just saying, he was born in guyana, his family is from guyana, I think he was raised in Antigua but I'm not sure.

Either way, if Naycha kid calls himself Antiguan, it's all good but if he is still considered guyanese, can Antigua really claim him ?

I think u gettin' twisted over the way it's worded. The writer is saying he part of Antigua's soca fraternity of artist..not that he's an Antiguan. He is a guyanese who is a soca artist in Wadadli and is known pretty much only in our market so I guess, that is the only part of "claiming" him dat we doing.

Registered User small_island_descent's Avatar small_island_descent is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMs
    I think u gettin' twisted over the way it's worded. The writer is saying he part of Antigua's soca fraternity of artist..not that he's an Antiguan. He is a guyanese who is a soca artist in Wadadli and is known pretty much only in our market so I guess, that is the only part of "claiming" him dat we doing.

I ain't mad at that at all. The man has got flow. Besides, the more talent they have in Antigua, the better.

How u been Ms Lola ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by small_island_descent
    I ain't mad at that at all. The man has got flow. Besides, the more talent they have in Antigua, the better.

How u been Ms Lola ?
    Yep..de betta for Antigua..and I doan mine b/c Naycha seem to love Wadadli plenty so hey...I'm ok, SID...been better but, I"m alright. Where u been stranger..we need yoo bout yah more