• 1 Post By LIONESS onda RISE
  • 1 Post By LIONESS onda RISE
  • 2 Post By badfowl
  • 1 Post By Lynch HD
  • 1 Post By SWAGGERIFIC

Thread: My review of Machel and HD family for Miami 2k12

Credits

My review of Machel and HD family for Miami 2k12

Machel is #1 Soca Entertainer in the Caribbean and that is a fact...he has it lock with his performances and dancers along with his list of songs.....but when he comes with the HD package Farmer Nappy and Patrice Roberts that is a whole different ball game......I do not see the big hype in Patrice atal....her live performance suck big time and swing she waist from side to side is not really dancing ....maybe in the studio her songs come out real nice so there is much hype but live she is a lost excuse for a performer....as for Farmer Nappy his songs were so sweet this year for carnival but he never gets to display his work when he performs...also he finds or gets mics that do not work or he just nah able to say shit pun them....Farmer Nappy needs more than 5 minutes to perform his list of sweet songs......I know the headliner is Machel but it is a family thing and even Patrice with she dead self get more time than Farmer Nappy.....this is just my views of Machel and HD family for Miami 2k12
    iPicong, dollbabi and Socapro like this.

Credits
    i want to know why in heck MM perform in hot @ss Miami, stage lights blarring...and this dude got a bubble vest on..

oh gosh des foreign ppl
    LolaMs likes this.
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    I've said on many occasions, she needs to either stand still and sing and or work on her breathing. Because her attempting to dance up and sing does not work.
    LolaMs and Socapro like this.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Machel is #1 Soca Entertainer in the Caribbean and that is a fact...he has it lock with his performances and dancers along with his list of songs.....but when he comes with the HD package Farmer Nappy and Patrice Roberts that is a whole different ball game......I do not see the big hype in Patrice atal....her live performance suck big time and swing she waist from side to side is not really dancing ....maybe in the studio her songs come out real nice so there is much hype but live she is a lost excuse for a performer....as for Farmer Nappy his songs were so sweet this year for carnival but he never gets to display his work when he performs...also he finds or gets mics that do not work or he just nah able to say shit pun them....Farmer Nappy needs more than 5 minutes to perform his list of sweet songs......I know the headliner is Machel but it is a family thing and even Patrice with she dead self get more time than Farmer Nappy.....this is just my views of Machel and HD family for Miami 2k12
    Agree with this all. Well except that Patrice is false hype, she just needs work on her stage performance, the potential is there.
    Socapro likes this.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYLOC View Post
    i want to know why in heck MM perform in hot @ss Miami, stage lights blarring...and this dude got a bubble vest on..

oh gosh des foreign ppl
    Same reason tourists in the caribbean always feel the need to wear them long tourist dresses and sun hats.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    is how long people going and say someone has potential?... hearing that since 2004/2005.... and we 2+ months away from 2013

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Same reason tourists in the caribbean always feel the need to wear them long tourist dresses and sun hats.
    ..i always thought it was cuz they were fat and wnated to cover as much as possible and also unused to such sun and prone to sunburn...so thats Michelle's problem? why he sweating with leather bubble vest on?
    uran10 likes this.

Credits
    ..i always thought it was cuz they were fat and wnated to cover as much as possible and also unused to such sun and prone to sunburn...so thats Michelle's problem? why he sweating with leather bubble vest on?
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    1. u wrong fuh saying they fat
    2. Jesus was sweating cause he was putting in work.

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    1. u wrong fuh saying they fat
    2. Jesus was sweating cause he was putting in work.
    ...I LOVE YOU!!!...

but ur boy...: ima leave it cuz i know you love he!...k?
    BacchanalDiva likes this.

Credits
    Agree with this all. Well except that Patrice is false hype, she just needs work on her stage performance, the potential is there.
    Potential...hmmmm...first she stylist and hair dresser needs to be on blast making she look like a walking man that turn ova....yes I said it.....she finds more time holding up the shirt she has on than singing a tune pun the mic....I feel studio does wonders for she cause live performances is not in she dialogue atal

Credits
    The whole "Live Performance" concept seems to be a thing of the past. What I saw in Miami for Girl Power, Rave and at Sun Life Stadium after the parade in regards to Machel Montano HD and The Allison Hinds Show does not in any way resemble a live performance.

Whenever an entire band along with lead and background vocals is playing behind tracks how are they performing live. Vocals blaring loud out deh speakers dem but yo watch deh singers and deh mouth close. By Sunday night Machel could barely talk much less sing but the studio sample tracks blasting making the band sound far better than they actually were.

I guess time has passed me by and this is the new generation's way of performing.

And Patrice Roberts needs to practice singing and dancing to get her lungs conditioned. I observed this flaw back in 2006/2007 and entered a post about it back then. Unfortunately, Patrice Roberts is past her peak and she is a few years away from Machel cutting her loose if she does not spread her wings now. I believe she and Farmer Nappy have a fear of leaving HD and as result neither of them will flourish beyond HD limits.

Next year, bump Rave and Girl Power!!! Is Red Eye, Rise & Shine, Jouvert, Day Fete, Boat ride and Club Party. It's about time I started acting my age and leave deh young people ting alone!!!!!!
    Socapro and LolaMs like this.

Credits
    They came here in Barbados and each and every member mash up de place. Patrice headlined a fete for Crop Over and got more response than Alison Hinds, but I guess you can say Bajans love them Trinis..
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    Patrice as much as I love her music , she is a studio artist, she is the Soca Rihanna, dont ask her to even try to replicate her studio sound on stage.

@ Lynch... Allison Hinds is an OK performer, not great, so comparing Patrice to Allison eh really saying much, but Allison is still a better performer than Patrice.

None of them could touch Destra and Saucy when it comes to performing.

Destra runs circles around everyone

Patrice has no direction with her performances, and this is so shameful because she is always performing with one of the best performers yet never pick up a few tricks.
    Socapro likes this.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW