Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Make Me Sweat-Kimberly Innis and Keanne

  1. #1
    Registered User The Captain's Avatar The Captain is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hello Brooklyn!!!!
    Posts
    12,160
    Credits
    1,099,388

    Make Me Sweat-Kimberly Innis

    Big tune. Sorry no link.
    Last edited by The Captain; 06-30-2007 at 03:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User bajandixiee is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    265
    Credits
    3,472
    when i first heard it i was like stupse.. now it grow on me.. nice.

  3. #3
    Registered User The Captain's Avatar The Captain is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hello Brooklyn!!!!
    Posts
    12,160
    Credits
    1,099,388
    Quote Originally Posted by bajandixiee View Post
    when i first heard it i was like stupse.. now it grow on me.. nice.
    Well i was never that high on Kimberly but she was good on this tune.

  4. #4
    Registered User The Captain's Avatar The Captain is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hello Brooklyn!!!!
    Posts
    12,160
    Credits
    1,099,388
    Kimberly Inniss - Sweat Sorry quality isnt all there.

  5. #5
    Registered User winn dixie is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    america
    Posts
    3,260
    Credits
    4,254,795
    Girl got talent;what is holding her back?

  6. #6
    Registered User analyst is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    BIM
    Posts
    1,036
    Credits
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
    Girl got talent;what is holding her back?


    RUMMY. LOL.


    yeah, she got real talent she could sing write produce perform dance etc. i want her to get a rec deal cause i know she will mash up places. she could also write some songs fuh rihanna and shontelle if she doesnt get thru.

  7. #7
    Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic Rummy's Avatar Rummy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    20,352
    Credits
    1,027,691
    Quote Originally Posted by analyst View Post
    RUMMY. LOL.
    yeah, she got real talent she could sing write produce perform dance etc. i want her to get a rec deal cause i know she will mash up places. she could also write some songs fuh rihanna and shontelle if she doesnt get thru.

    ahahhahaa...I see u think highly of me if I alone could hold someone back. But ya not answering the question. It's obvious she can't take criticism & she's very difficult to work with. She could prob do with some improvement on her appearance (wrong makeup & hairstyle quite often). I would say if she was more humble to those who could help her, then she would get a it further quicker (but I still think her and soca is not a good mix - her one song that plays not soca).

  8. #8
    Registered User winn dixie is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    america
    Posts
    3,260
    Credits
    4,254,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    ahahhahaa...I see u think highly of me if I alone could hold someone back. But ya not answering the question. It's obvious she can't take criticism & she's very difficult to work with. She could prob do with some improvement on her appearance (wrong makeup & hairstyle quite often). I would say if she was more humble to those who could help her, then she would get a it further quicker (but I still think her and soca is not a good mix - her one song that plays not soca).

    Given the comments that i have heard about her, I don't think the mix with her and soca is the problem. When I read comment about her, such comment usually speak to her personality - her lack of it. Your comments above are a perfect example:"I would say if she was more humble to those who could help her, then she would get it further quicker...."

  9. #9
    Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic Rummy's Avatar Rummy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    20,352
    Credits
    1,027,691
    Quote Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
    Given the comments that i have heard about her, I don't think the mix with her and soca is the problem. When I read comment about her, such comment usually speak to her personality - her lack of it. Your comments above are a perfect example:"I would say if she was more humble to those who could help her, then she would get it further quicker...."

    Well in a way yes...soca is an issue. She seems to want to do everything herself (meaning producing the tracks in addition to singing them). Since she seems to have a stronger taste for r & b/pop/rock, her songs sound less like soca and more like something else. But looking at the producers she's worked with in the past...it's like she goes from one to the next and now emphasizes how she does all her writing & production (which comes off as arrogance).

    She stated recently she produced her song Free when the cd it's on, states it was produced by someone else. She may have had a hand in the production & arranging, but it's like she wants to discredit those who are working with her.

  10. #10
    Registered User BFFan is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    6,171
    Credits
    10,139,439
    I have heard some of her stuff, she really has some talent there from reading some assessments of her in this thread I think she should try do some work that is more pure soca and try to sing it in a style that doesn't sound like pop or RnB or in other words just diversify more pure forms and mixed forms not all mixed forms. I think with more authentic soca tunes she might get more traction in the soca world.

    In listening to some of her work I do have an appreciation in what she is trying to do as an artist but she shouldn't limit herself to a certain style.

  11. #11
    Letterist XtasyReds's Avatar XtasyReds is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,134
    Credits
    1,048,390
    Quote Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
    Girl got talent;what is holding her back?
    Her own arrogance and her unwillingness to tame them annoying screeches.

    As for the song, I find it annoying and Keanne is the only bearable portion of the tune.

  12. #12
    Registered User BluInkPen is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37
    Credits
    1,011,291

    Thumbs up

    Yeah it HOt Kimberly you and FullCLIP should do something together send people in a frenzy and make them sweat loveeeeeee it good work.

  13. #13
    Registered User BluInkPen is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37
    Credits
    1,011,291
    Quote Originally Posted by BFFan View Post
    I have heard some of her stuff, she really has some talent there from reading some assessments of her in this thread I think she should try do some work that is more pure soca and try to sing it in a style that doesn't sound like pop or RnB or in other words just diversify more pure forms and mixed forms not all mixed forms. I think with more authentic soca tunes she might get more traction in the soca world.

    In listening to some of her work I do have an appreciation in what she is trying to do as an artist but she shouldn't limit herself to a certain style.
    I think is kinda good still because she will create a new genre of music while showing versitility and we need a lot of that here in the Caribbean.

  14. #14
    Registered User BluInkPen is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37
    Credits
    1,011,291
    Quote Originally Posted by analyst View Post
    RUMMY. LOL.


    yeah, she got real talent she could sing write produce perform dance etc. i want her to get a rec deal cause i know she will mash up places. she could also write some songs fuh rihanna and shontelle if she doesnt get thru.
    Who is Shontell?? I know Rihanna is the umbrella missy lol but shontell someone fill me in

  15. #15
    ank
    Registered User ank's Avatar ank is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    29,826
    Credits
    6,273,420
    Quote Originally Posted by BFFan View Post
    I have heard some of her stuff, she really has some talent there from reading some assessments of her in this thread I think she should try do some work that is more pure soca and try to sing it in a style that doesn't sound like pop or RnB or in other words just diversify more pure forms and mixed forms not all mixed forms. I think with more authentic soca tunes she might get more traction in the soca world.

    In listening to some of her work I do have an appreciation in what she is trying to do as an artist but she shouldn't limit herself to a certain style.
    hmm.. is that so.

    well.. i think I like this tune and so good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •