Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Machel challenging all soca artists to do better than him. talk nah

Credits
    Ignorance is bliss

Credits
    You Machel fanatics are ridiculous..........the same thing you accuse VP of doing you clowns are mimicking.......you people are definitely not soca fans but blind sheep
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Unfortunately when you are on top some people will hate you for whatever reason they wish to hold on to!

Success breds hate in most circles!

If I was Machel and wouldn't even take the haters on as they are only confirmation of your success.

In fact I would do like Shadow used to sing and use any hate from the haters to make me even stronger so I would say bring on the hate, I love it!
    why dont you refute these criticisms instead spewing generalities and hollow remarks.

machel is de same guy who said he want to focus on taking de music tuh de next level so he bow out of competitions. but now he back in competitions. wuh happened tuh taking de music tuh de next level?

Credits
    he is joke
    Last edited by winn dixie; 03-04-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by iPicong View Post
    Did you guys/gals enjoy Shal and TC music this season?

Those guys are only improving...very impressed with their offerings this year. TC's "Action" is MAJOR
    triniameri likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
    why dont you refute these criticisms instead spewing generalities and hollow remarks.

machel is de same guy who said he want to focus on taking de music tuh de next level so he bow out of competitions. but now he back in competitions. wuh happened tuh taking de music tuh de next level?
    You are obviously blinded by your hatred!

Read the article again but this time try not to be blinded by emotion and focus on the facts.

Machel has more hit songs this year than any other soca artist and many of those hits have international appeal in my humble opinion. Whether the songs crossover or not takes nothing away from the quality and joy that those hits will bring for years to come to the regular soca music lover.
    Plus I am sure that Machel will be releasing more great stuff as this year proceeds.

Why? Because MM is the hardest working artist in the soca business by miles!
    If that brings him success and losers like yourself want to sit at your computers complaining because of his success then that’s your problem.

Btw you people tend to focus too much on one solitary carnival competition that means little in the bigger scheme of things and totally miss the bigger picture.
    Big competitions have traditionally been part and parcel of Carnival and without them Carnival won’t be as exciting as it is.

Superblue won 6 Power Soca Monarchs & no one complained!
    Ronnie McIntosh won 2 Power Soca Monarchs & no one complained!
    Iwer won 3 Power Soca Monarchs & no one complained!
    Bunji won 4 Power Soca Monarchs & no one complained!
    Shurwayne Winchester won 3 Groovy Soca Monarchs & no one complained!

Machel wins 2 Power Soca Monarchs & some folks choose to complain!

I see nothing but double standards here by some.

Anyway there is no logic to some folks hatred so I would expect the hatred to continue and to even intensify!

Big-up to MM, Soca artist of 2012 so far and I am sure there is more hit music to come from him before this year ends.
    Last edited by Socapro; 03-04-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits

Question

Socapro

Machel wins 2 Power Soca Monarchs & some folks choose to complain!

I see nothing but double standards here by some.
    I asked win dixie if the soca mafia was around in super blue, Iwer, Sparrow and Kitchner days up to now he eh gimme ah answer, how come dem fellahs use to clean up back in the days? did it have a calypso mafia and soca mafia back then Win Dixie?
    If yuh take on anything I say yuh more mad than me and I is ah real madman

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    You are obviously blinded by your hatred!

Read the article again but this time try not to be blinded by emotion and focus on the facts.

Machel has more hit songs this year than any other soca artist and many of those hits have international appeal in my humble opinion. Whether the songs crossover or not takes nothing away from the quality and joy that those hits will bring for years to come to the regular soca music lover.
    Plus I am sure that Machel will be releasing more great stuff as this year proceeds.
    Why? Because MM is the hardest working artist in the soca business by miles! If that brings him success and losers like yourself want to sit at your computers complaining because of his success then why thatís your problem.

Btw you people tend to focus too much on one solitary carnival competition that means little in the bigger scheme of things and totally miss the bigger picture!
    Big competitions have traditionally been part and parcel of Carnival and without them Carnival wonít be as exciting as it is.

Machel win 2 Power Soca Monarchs & some folks choose to complain!

I see nothing but double standards here by some!

Anyway there is no logic to some folks hatred so I would expect the hatred to continue and to even intensify!

Big-up to MM, Soca artist of 2012 so far and I am sure there is more hit music to come from him before this year ends.
    wuh hit songs you tawkin bout?

dat is your defense, to call others haters.

yea, why dont u see machel double standard:as one imixer said, he was pushing against competitions years ago but now he encouraging others to up their competition game in order to compete with him.

i thought soca monarch is de biggest event at carnival. we cant be missing de bigger picture if we are focusing on de biggest event.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    I asked win dixie if the soca mafia was around in super blue, Iwer, Sparrow and Kitchner days up to now he eh gimme ah answer, how come dem fellahs use to clean up back in the days? did it have a calypso mafia and soca mafia back then Win Dixie?
    why dont you answer the question since you are so keenly aware of trinidad carnival history. or, betta yet, why dont you ask fayann and bunji, two people who are aware of the behind the scene activities of carnival. or, betta still, why dont get in contact with socaamateur and dedetriniqueer and ask dem since they are so knowledgeable about trini carnival history.

even so, your question is not germaine to wat we are discussing. i tink you kno dat.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by iPicong View Post
    You Machel fanatics are ridiculous..........the same thing you accuse VP of doing you clowns are mimicking.......you people are definitely not soca fans but blind sheep

You know d funny ting is, any and everybody else could sing shit..geh fock up about it...but not Boy. If you only look like you bout to mash his toe; well they out fuh blood. I swear some of dem does carry on like you cuss way dey mudda.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca_Loving_Trini View Post
    There's no changing the fanatics....
    Agreeing with the general thrust of the article doesn't make one a fanatic. No one is stating that every song Machel makes is a good tune or that everything he does is right. However, he has put in work to be in his current position. *shrug*
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    hard work beats substance ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ .......................................................

Thus why:
    Tan Tan... Saga Boy... Calypso Rose... and a Gay Shiny Gladiator outfit... beat Kerwin Dubois

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca_Loving_Trini View Post
    One question everyone is quick to refer to bunji as Fayann's #################### why????? The same way allyuh like to bash people who hating on machel allyuh bashin bunji for no reason what did they do to make everyone say stuff like that??
    And secondly kerwin du bois have nothin to brush up on his performance in my opinion was better that machel's this year (especially vocal wise). I agree bunji's song could have taken power if he had participated but i also don't fault him for putting up with munroe and his shit...

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinks View Post
    Feeling funny how?
    When u win fair and square u feel good. u doh have time to address the invisible complainers. U have a feeling of satisfaction. It is clear he doesnt have that nor does his fans.. Machel have more soca fans than any other soca artist.. Yet there isnt a satisfied feeling by him or his fans this year. I wonder why...

Credits
    All this talk is for what??????

Machel won the competitions on performance alone. In Groovy Benjai woke up the crowd while Kerwin maintained the high but MM performance was tops (didn't even need the obeah dust guaranty!!!)
    No one is even going to argue that he took the power competition. The over the top performance (for Trinidad anyways) was to ensure that a win was not hinged on a not so stellar song.....(Iwer may of gotten wind of it hence why such a short performance!!!)
    Road Mach on the other hand is not even arguable because PYF was what people crossed the judging points to even though most would of preferred Misbehave BUT Bottle of Rum was the Baddest Flicking Song on the road....so MM would of won anyways if we are to be honest!!!

Tripple Crown for Mr. Montano 2012.
    Socapro likes this.
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast