Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ushawishi

Thread: Look like de guyanese losing steam .....

Credits

Look like de guyanese losing steam .....

I gone try to add some support...

Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    In fact to done this whole argument of whether or not there is indian influences in the creation of soca...let's use the very song you posted first from lord shorty and juxtapose it with my little tassa crew. Here is the tassa crew clip that every trini recognizes as one of the classic tassa riddims.

http://www.ecaroh.info/tassarhythms06.mp3

Now here is lord shorty introducing his new sound...listen keenly to the first riddim introduced with the bass drum as he "builds" the song.

Now do you still doubt what shorty was saying. let the man rest in peace nah man.
    I eh gone lie ... I had to lend the OP keen ears to hear de distinct tassa drumming .... as he builds the rhythm there is a boom boom pause boom boom pause pattern from the bass drum unique/distinct to tassa...

Any way even with tassa drums cadence-lypso sound like cadence-lypso....

Please provide a cadence-lypso song from that era that do not sound like this... you know what make it interesting from any year....

We leave soca chat all you come right in zouk/kompa and stick in with de same argument, try this different one...

Dominica Carnival 2011 big tunes dropping like rain...

De guyanese fella hot... let de man run de with de thing ... if it have a eat dais private ting do wha you ga do ...

Dominica has an argument in 2/3 caribbean genres on dis site ....

Give us bouyon chat please.
    As one of de original dominica music man on dis site i have one life line left doh make me use it.... please...
    I tyad have de same stagnant argument about dominica music...
    Last edited by Ushawishi; 12-11-2011 at 03:18 AM.

Credits
    post this in backchat

Credits
    good

Credits
    Ok now we had our fun in backchat lets get to the reason for this thread ...
    It was for a Dominican understanding of a music that connects us...

A quick background on dominica music... Dominica was influenced majorly by french and british caribbean culturally this also includes musically... in the video above you have an authentic kadas man showing all three of the major musical influences on acoustics guitar... reggae calypso and kadans...dominicans do not downplay or deny these influences no need too... they are major without dem no cadence-lypso...

during that time also Black people as a body across the board was thriving... people were coming together... rich poor smart not smart... etc.

It wasn't like now where is look out for yourself and fight each other like we are doing now... people worked together mixing ... daiz why George come out barbados and dis Dominica talking now as with alot of us all over the caribbean...So the musical influences where brought in french and english...
    So we had calypso ... kadans-rampa brewing with local influences ...
    Both genre reported by top musicians of the time were stagnant and needed change and they were trying to figure out a way to bring out that change...alot of them were currently in the process in one form and admits that the reaction isn't what they wanted...

A new bright powerful black message was creating havoc around de place, reggae .. only Dominica at the time could have made a perfect sweet powerful fusion of black Caribbean music... the essence of afrikan in our part of de world where dey bring us... it take de whole Caribbean to make dat happen...(lucians share de uniqueness too dais why only dem can replicate de ting so naturally authentic.) cadance-lypso. Cadence-rampa and Calypso with de message of Reggae...brewed with de local Dominican culture.

In a time when black people was still working with each other as a body ... everybody was in it ... people wasn't fighting each other ... it is well documented... in the music and you can find from de words of de people...a personal talk with dem is powerful if you are passionate about de ting(see above).... It was a fomula dat works dais why dem man are known and respected by all except de young who do not have time to properly learn about de music cadence-lypso...

Formula was a simple combination of what black people was about at de time...dat is why it was accepted and loved and used by de progressive musicians of de time to make de changes dey wanted....

Bouyon is now de combination for caribbean riddims... give de man De Bouyon chat.

This post was all about cadence-lypso I will talk about soca from de dominican specs after we deal with kadas.Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Ushawishi; 12-13-2011 at 12:35 AM.
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    This song speaks out against some of the overly materialistic habits of society... in english.

Credits
    Such a cultural difference here but anyway, the difference in the rhythm is distinct enough. What is this about, a bouyon forum? Are you saying that the genres are different so that bouyon should receive its own forum?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Vega View Post
    Such a cultural difference here but anyway, the difference in the rhythm is distinct enough. What is this about, a bouyon forum? Are you saying that the genres are different so that bouyon should receive its own forum?

This is about the same conversation on a different tangent...this is about people from a different mindset reacting to what was happening around them in the world...

Islandmix.com LLC is the most complete caribbean enclopedias in the world(personal opinion based on the information I have gathered throughout the years on things concerning myself i was ignorant about)...history and/or music is a hobby/passion/recreation to almost every human...this is about having a discussion with people seeking/wanting/doh mind getting information/opinions/point of views that they were ignorant about... some people choose to remain ignorant dais dem not me.. dey still a part of what dis discussion is about..

De fighting need to stop ... we need to learn and understand more about each other our grandparents did dais why George come out Barbados and this dominican talking to you...is competition dat have so much ignorance floating about ... Most of imix on de outside looking in but want to act like dey inside...In the time of the pioneers of our music de whole caribbean was in it... de outside goggles always give the less personal picture...Music is a mission not a competition nuff man use de music cause confusion...

Lemme break down de younger generation Dominican music...called Bouyon.

De Bouyon is wats left in de bottom of de pot after all all de plates share and no distinctive pieces of food left... it is that thick messy looking deliciousness dat get left behind... you cannot tell what it is if you doh cook it you can only taste what you can make out...Dominicans name dere music after what most people throw away and there is no way that can ever look negative to any dominican... ever... why..

Again all caribbean music zouk/kompa, soca and dancehall came together in 1 of de 2 places where dat is possible for now...Dominica.Is our people self(carribean people) dat give us de ingredients and is our people dat have to eat ... (dais why i does correct dem man when dey say Lucians teefing)...lucians alone dat can run it so you cyah tell de difference... is no scene history on full repeat... source of caribbean musical pride...

Yes i am saying that the genres are different so that bouyon should receive its own forum...De guyanese fella hot on bouyon now...Thanks for de support.

De first post was also about finding a cadence-lypso track dat meet the simple requirements ... being of different genre from groove vibrations.hence why i said even with tassa drumming(big up triniking) cadence is still cadence...

Dis is about de dominican side of it relating to de whole caribbean...
    Last edited by Ushawishi; 12-13-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Credits

Thumbs up

Nice breakdown

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ushawishi View Post
    This is about the same conversation on a different tangent...this is about people from a different mindset reacting to what was happening around them in the world...

Islandmix.com LLC is the most complete caribbean enclopedias in the world(personal opinion based on the information I have gathered throughout the years on things concerning myself i was ignorant about)...history and/or music is a hobby/passion/recreation to almost every human...this is about having a discussion with people seeking/wanting/doh mind getting information/opinions/point of views that they were ignorant about... some people choose to remain ignorant dais dem not me.. dey still a part of what dis discussion is about..

De fighting need to stop ... we need to learn and understand more about each other our grandparents did dais why George come out Barbados and this dominican talking to you...is competition dat have so much ignorance floating about ... Most of imix on de outside looking in but want to act like dey inside...In the time of the pioneers of our music de whole caribbean was in it... de outside goggles always give the less personal picture...Music is a mission not a competition nuff man use de music cause confusion...

Lemme break down de younger generation Dominican music...called Bouyon.

De Bouyon is wats left in de bottom of de pot after all all de plates share and no distinctive pieces of food left... it is that thick messy looking deliciousness dat get left behind... you cannot tell what it is if you doh cook it you can only taste what you can make out...Dominicans name dere music after what most people throw away and there is no way that can ever look negative to any dominican... ever... why..

Again all caribbean music zouk/kompa, soca and dancehall came together in 1 of de 2 places where dat is possible for now...Dominica.Is our people self(carribean people) dat give us de ingredients and is our people dat have to eat ... (dais why i does correct dem man when dey say Lucians teefing)...lucians alone dat can run it so you cyah tell de difference... is no scene history on full repeat... source of caribbean musical pride...

Yes i am saying that the genres are different so that bouyon should receive its own forum...De guyanese fella hot on bouyon now...Thanks for de support.

De first post was also about finding a cadence-lypso track dat meet the simple requirements ... being of different genre from groove vibrations.hence why i said even with tassa drumming(big up triniking) cadence is still cadence...

Dis is about de dominican side of it relating to de whole caribbean...
    Half of that makes no sense to me. What Guyanese fella? You mean the Dominican posing as a Guyanese since he came back from banning?

Credits
    buh see me here.. i doh know about creating a separated thread..Although they diff still bouyon is a cuz to soca.. unless they rename it to Soca Bouyon thread or sumn.. I doubt they would tho

Credits
    Half of that makes no sense to me. What Guyanese fella? You mean the Dominican posing as a Guyanese since he came back from banning?
    Then ask question about what don't make sense.... would also be a logical thing to do.Thats what i did when i was ignorant...

Of course you would focus on de Guyanese.... dats where you interests be in all what I say dere... if you doh have none else no scene...I addressed dat in it too.

Yea is de same fella ... he was a trini once too so I calling him what he say he is... take dat up with him. I trying to get him to stop confusing me myself.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ushawishi View Post
    Then ask question about what don't make sense.... would also be a logical thing to do.Thats what i did when i was ignorant...

Of course you would focus on de Guyanese.... dats where you interests be in all what I say dere... if you doh have none else no scene...I addressed dat in it too.

Yea is de same fella ... he was a trini once too so I calling him what he say he is... take dat up with him. I trying to get him to stop confusing me myself.
    It's more so the way you write. You seem to feel that people have time to sit and figure out everything that you mean. The only one acting ignorant here is you. Why are you so angry? Unnecessary really.

Credits
    It's more so the way you write. You seem to feel that people have time to sit and figure out everything that you mean. The only one acting ignorant here is you. Why are you so angry? Unnecessary really.
    You could be right because english was my worst subject at school..

Hmm angry ? I cant say that I am ... Can you tell me how not to sound angry and say de same thing? ... More annoyed dat only de guyanese you had time to focus on and understand.... i said alot bataka got it because he is not ignorant of de subject.

I am up for advice how can I repeat myself and not be angry ... after all we aren' friends so I dunno when you angry of not unless you say so... you could be on flat kixx and I can be cluesless.

That is why i deleted de backchat thread.

I was just being serious.Respect