Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A LITTLE WINE - PATRICE ROBERTS (TRiNI SOCA 2013)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Klutch View Post
    So what you are trying to say is: IF PATRICE ROBERTS WAS A VINCY, A LITTLE WINE WOULD BE THE BIGGEST TUNE FOR VINCY CARNIVAL SEASON..In other words--minus the prejudice, and "a little wine" would certainly be in he top 10. Ok, i got you

From that said. I still stand by my opinion--"A Little Wine" is the biggest tune to grace 2012 vincy mas.
    What I have stated is PRETTY CLEAR. But SINCE YOU APPEAR to have some DIFFICULTIES (seems to be a Trini disease) UNDERSTANDING WHAT IS WRITTEN, let me repeat IT FOR U.

"Now, [if] Patrice was a VINCY ARTIST, quite naturally that song would have been vying for the top spot for VINCY Mas 2012, because she would have been EASILY ONE of the FAVORITES to take the RAGGA SOCA and ROAD MARCH titles"

Nowhere in my statement did I say it was the BIGGEST CHUNE. But of course, REALITY and TRUTH seems to be a cancer for TRICKADADIANS, so I UNDERSTAND why you would sidestep what I have stated.

YUHHHHHH SEEEEEEE MEEEEEE

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436 View Post
    I remember. VP is great at pretending to forget half the stuff he types always backfires on him.lol My peeps got VP on videotape doing his Machel PYF dance this summer tho.
    Please get one of your peeps to upload the video to YouTube and post it on Imix as I am in the mood to have a bit of fun!
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    u dont agree with me that a medley video would have been a good idea?
    I think Ricardo Drue's and Daneel's are not on the same level as the Problem Child's and Patrice's. You cant have one or two songs carry a Medley. Every song needs to be just as good as the last. For example, they did a Coca Cola Medley. But the only good songs to me were Benjai, Lil Bitts, and Umi. Artists should not benefit off the success of another artist especially when they put out an inferior product. A Magaroze Medley I could see, because all the songs, to me, are very good.
    T-MAKAA likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mydawgz View Post
    I think Ricardo Drue's and Daneel's are not on the same level as the Problem Child's and Patrice's. You cant have one or two songs carry a Medley. Every song needs to be just as good as the last. For example, they did a Coca Cola Medley. But the only good songs to me were Benjai, Lil Bitts, and Umi. Artists should not benefit off the success of another artist especially when they put out an inferior product. A Magaroze Medley I could see, because all the songs, to me, are very good.
    yea but de success of one track cud help out de other tracks. nutting wrong wid dat.

at de end of de day, john public will determine de success or failure of each track.

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Klutch View Post
    So it wasnt a top 10 tune in st. vincent because its "not a vincy chune so to speak." When that same rule applies during Trini carnival season, I doh wanna see none of allyuh small islanders complain about not getting a bligh

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    I suspect having hits next year in T&T could be just as difficult as it was this year for most of these artists from the other islands especially if the folks in T&T are half as patriotic as VP has been making the Vincies out to be in supporting Vincy artists above artists from the outside regardless of the quality or lack-of of their local artists music.

So as Kobra Klutch said let’s hope there aren't any complaints after TTC2K13 especially from the likes of that hypocrite called VP!
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    This is just, FRANKLY, PURE FART, on SEVERAL LEVELS.

Firstly, all it TAKES is ONE STRONG song to CARRY a medley.

In other words, once you have a MAJOR HIT on a particular riddim, everything on that riddim falls into place or the other songs on that riddim naturally gets played.

Secondly, the mere fact that you have TWO SONGS, according to you, that is strong on that riddim means that you have a medley. And if you have a medley, it is highly likely that the two other songs will get a bligh.

Thirdly, the Drue and Daneel tracks are QUALITY SONGS and should find FAVOR in the clubs as well. I have heard them played on radio and at a few fetes, so I know they are of quality.

Frankly, I did not need to hear them play on radio or at fetes to know they are of quality. I have an ear for quality music.

That said; if you LQQK at the HISTORY of RIDDIMS, you will see that once you have a MAJOR HIT on a riddim, all other songs on that riddim tends to get played.

For example, the THE MOUNT EVERETT of RIDDIMS, SLENG TENG, has over 20 songs and practically all of them got played at some point in a dance or a club.

So the HISTORY is there to REFUTE YOUR CLAIM.

YUHHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEE

Credits
    Historically... Yes! These days... No! We live in a different era. Years ago, before the mp3 boom, if a song didn't measure up, you never heard it. hence why all songs you heard were for the most part good. these days artists are able to write, sing, produce, and distribute their songs from the comfort of their home. it's so easy that artists sometimes put out shit just to see if it sticks. not saying Daneel and Ricardo put out shit. When I got the riddim, I listened to each song, and I liked Patrice's the best. Then Problem Child second. The other two did nothing for me. If your main concern is exposure then Daneel, Ricardo, and Problem will still garner exposure off of Patrice's video. When people see that the song is part of a riddim, they'll go looking for the other songs. But it still wont make a difference because people will listen to the first 30 seconds. If it doesn't grab their attention, they'll move on.
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    Historically... Yes! These days... No! We live in a different era.
    Again, I have HEARD these SONGS played in a MEDLEY at a FETE.

These songs are are TOPNOTCH in their own RIGHT. But like all songs on a RIDDIM, there are going to be ONE or TWO that just STANDS out.

Again, you can TRACE this BACK to the first DECADE of the NEW MILLENNIUM, the 90's and the 80's.

Years ago, before the mp3 boom, if a song didn't measure up, you never heard it. hence why all songs you heard were for the most part good.
    This has more to do with the FACT that back then you had to PURCHASE the RECORDS and they were more EXPENSIVE as well. Whereas today, you're getting the recordings practically FREE.

Back in the day, DEEJAYS who had that OBSCURE RECORD on a RIDDIM that was HARDLY heard or hardly could get your hand on was CONSIDERED the BOSS DEEJAY.

So again, your rational is not bearing fruit.

these days artists are able to write, sing, produce, and distribute their songs from the comfort of their home. it's so easy that artists sometimes put out shit just to see if it sticks. not saying Daneel and Ricardo put out shit. When I got the riddim, I listened to each song, and I liked Patrice's the best. Then Problem Child second. The other two did nothing for me. If your main concern is exposure then Daneel, Ricardo, and Problem will still garner exposure off of Patrice's video. When people see that the song is part of a riddim, they'll go looking for the other songs. But it still wont make a difference because people will listen to the first 30 seconds. If it doesn't grab their attention, they'll move on.
    I AGREE with you on that point, in that the songs by PATRICE Roberts and Problem Child will get the MOST PLAY.

However, because of that LIKELY FACT, the songs by DANEEL and DRUE will get their just due as well because of the SUCCESS of those SONGS.

A GOOD DEEJAY always START a MEDLEY with the so-called LESS KNOWN CHUNES and then BUILD UP to the BIG ONES on the same RIDDIM.

So again, I EXPECT those two songs to get their time in the SPOTLIGHT as well.

YUHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Credits
    dis chune iza big big hit!!!! it smashing in any kinda party, house party, boat cruise, ole time party! big up patrice, yuh doin big big tingz!!!
    mzsexyneishi 1 day ago
    bit chune from patrice roberts, hear this walking on the BLP from d bocas and boi i did't care i start to wine right dey on the sq lol love it! of cause the best soca is always from trinidad
    genickos 3 days ago

Credits
    **THINKING TO SELF, IF THE DIRECTOR HAS THE KIND OF VISION that I ENVISION FOR THIS VIDEO, THE FINAL PRODUCT IS GOING TO BE CRAZY**

Ah DONE tell ARYO that this CHUNE is GOING to be RIGHT there as the BIGGEST CHUNE for TRINIDAD CARNIVAL 2013, and as always, the MASSES are RESISTANT to the VISION I have ALREADY FORESEEN for this MASSIVE HIT.

YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Credits
    EVERYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYY, LEY WE TEK AH LIKKLE WINE FOR THE WEST INDIES CRICKET TEAM, BECAUSE AH LIKKLE WINE NEVERT NUH BODDAYYYYY.

YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Credits
    YOU KNOW WHAT, THIS CHUNE COULD BE THE BIGGEST SOCA CHUNE since WINE UP ON ME ON

This SONG has the MIDAS TOUCH all OVER IT.

I CANNOT WAIT to see the VIDEO.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345