Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: King of ragga soca

  1. #31
    ESOS WEYES S.A.T.O.R.E-S.A.N's Avatar S.A.T.O.R.E-S.A.N is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Ignacio ?
    Posts
    1,574
    Credits
    15,224,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    I corrected the first year for the T&T Groovy Soca Monarch competition because in my quest to provide you with some of the info you requested I referred to this link: International Soca Monarch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    But then realised that 2004 was not correct for when the Groovy Soca Monarch when I went to this direct link on the Soca Monarch site here: Monarchs

    Other than that error which I corrected anyway when I doubled checked another source all the info I provided is factual.

    Seems like you have lots of time on your hands and are looking for argument when there is none but you ainít going to waste my time.

    Nice try though!
    Nice try on what? common knowledge about SVG in which you have no clue.
    Time on hand looking for argument are you for real.You have all the time in the world coming here fabricating lies about SVG and have not provide any evidence but hearsay and admitted you don't know about SVG ragga soca winner.
    It took me less than a minute to find my info so you lost me in your nice try arguement.You seem to address 2004(i was not referring to this with the not true statement I was talking about your vincy friend and ragga soca statement ) issue but ignore the the rest like a plague.

    Again if you are going to mention any thing about SVG music dont spread propaganda and expect people to stay quiet.
    Never argue with a fool:
    First they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    100% vincy flow from me morrow, who nah like that go suck on dey bone we nah follow.

    No por ke me vean huaraches, piensen ke soy guacalero

    Ragga soca ,Claws music and power soca/ps music and bongay music a fu we own

  2. #32
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,087,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    I corrected the first year for the T&T Groovy Soca Monarch competition because in my quest to provide you with some of the info you requested I referred to this link: International Soca Monarch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    But then realised that 2004 was not correct for when the Groovy Soca Monarch started when I went to this direct link on the Soca Monarch site here: Monarchs

    Other than that error which I corrected anyway when I doubled checked another source all the info I provided is factual.

    Seems like you have lots of time on your hands and are looking for argument when there is none but you ain’t going to waste my time.

    Nice try though!


    LQQK how EASILY you just MADE yourself look like an IDIOT, thus you have NO CREDIBILITY.

    GOOGLE is your BEST FRIEND, because you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what is going on in your own COUNTRY.

    By the way, do not PROJECT thoughts of self unto me, with your PHANTOM VINCY FRIENDS.

    I probably know more about TRINI than U do.

    That said; I do not need to go use your BEST FRIEND Google to get my INFO, because I have KNOWLEDGE of what is going on from my MANY DEBATES on here.

    YUHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

  3. #33
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,725
    Credits
    891,313,982
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.T.O.R.E-S.A.N View Post
    Nice try on what? common knowledge about SVG in which you have no clue.
    Time on hand looking for argument are you for real.You have all the time in the world coming here fabricating lies about SVG and have not provide any evidence but hearsay and admitted you don't know about SVG ragga soca winner.
    It took me less than a minute to find my info so you lost me in your nice try arguement.You seem to address 2004(i was not referring to this with the not true statement I was talking about your vincy friend and ragga soca statement ) issue but ignore the the rest like a plague.

    Again if you are going to mention any thing about SVG music dont spread propaganda and expect people to stay quiet.
    Fella, the questions I asked my Vincy friend (who coincidentally is someone that supports most of my monthly Soca events in London because we play good Vincy music as well as good music from the other main soca islands) were these which follow and btw I have since found some of the info on the net as well to confirm:-

    1. What year did the SVG Ragga Soca Monarch competition start and who was the winner of that 1st competition for the record?
    Answers: 2001 and MaddZart (with “Poor People Anthem” a song which I have in my collection on CD which was a bit of a hit in T&T for Carnival 2002 if I remember correctly).

    2. What style of soca tunes were allowed into the competition? What was the criteria?
    Answer: They were flexible with entries; provided you presented your track as a ragga-soca it was allowed entry because the organisers were trying to get as many quality artists as possible to take part in the competition.

    3. What was Soca music in Vincy generally called before the Ragga Soca Monarch competition started and became popular?
    Answer: They generally called it Soca but the younger artists have been mostly calling their music ragga-soca since then so they can easily enter their songs into the Ragga Soca Monarch competition and also because of the success of Ragga-Soca artists like Jamesy P with “Nookie”.

    I did not ask him nor was I interested in which singer won each and every SVG Ragga Soca Monarch competition from since the competition started as that extra info was not needed as part of my research.

    Btw rather than relying on a Trini like me to do everything for you, you need to make yourself useful and maybe setup a website for the SVG Ragga Soca Monarch competition listing all the winners etc so this info can be easily accessed by anyone who is interested just as you can do for the T&T (international) Soca Monarch competition. I can guarantee you that if T&T had continued having our Ragga Soca Monarch competition annually from 2000 until now that that a dedicated website would have been launched many years ago to document all the winners and help advertise and market the event to folks who may be interested.
    So there is a project for you rather than you relying on a Trini like me to provide you with all the SVG Ragga Soca Monarch winners since the show’s inception.
    Last edited by Socapro; 03-20-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  4. #34
    Banned Trinizagada is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    2,347
    Credits
    1,543,106
    I recently read on another popular website that the TnT Ragga Soca Competition was actually started in 1999 but discontinued after the 2001 competition because of a lack of sponsorship.

    The following are the winners:

    Ragga Soca
    1999 - Iwer George - Iwer and Half
    2000 - Bunji Garlin - Chant Down Babylon
    2001 - Bunji Garlin - Licks

    Since everyone is all about getting the facts straight I thought that this should be part of the thread. If the information is incorrect then someone can post the relevant information. This is the wonderful thing about all things related to TnT ... someone, somewhere documents the information! We don't have to feel guilty for doing the right thing. If others should do the same then most to the discussions/arguments will become irrelevant because of the documentation.
    Last edited by Trinizagada; 03-19-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    Socapro likes this.

  5. #35
    Banned Amare Triniboi's Avatar Amare Triniboi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    4,887
    Credits
    3,925,993
    U guys go through the same thing with VP day in and day out. U don't learn 2 ignore?
    http://www.facebook.com/triniboi11


    for expedited music uploads: 1. Dattriniboi1@aol.com
    2. Julianspromos@gmail.com
    3. music@islandmix.com

    i is a badman... doh cross d border

  6. #36
    Registered User winn dixie is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    america
    Posts
    3,260
    Credits
    4,254,795
    de man wid de phd. he googling fuh he information. i thought he was a savant wen it comes to soca.

    de dun lost he credibility long time ago wid his stupidy argument dat somebody from sum island invented soca.

    any rate plastic bag from bim is de king of ragga soca.

  7. #37
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,087,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinizagada View Post
    I recently read on another popular website that the TnT Ragga Soca Competition was actually started in 1999 but discontinued after the 2001 competition because of a lack of sponsorship.

    The following are the winners:

    Ragga Soca
    1999 - Iwer George - Iwer and Half
    2000 - Bunji Garlin - Chant Down Babylon
    2001 - Bunji Garlin - Licks

    Since everyone is all about getting the facts straight I thought that this should be part of the thread. If the information is incorrect then someone can post the relevant information. This is the wonderful thing about all things related to TnT ... someone, somewhere documents the information! We don't have to feel guilty for doing the right thing. If others should do the same then most to the discussions/arguments will become irrelevant because of the documentation.


    Should I LAUGH OUT LOUD or should I SHAKE MY HEAD?

    Remember when I said the PATHOLOGICAL LIAR, SOCAAMATEUR, was PROJECTING THOUGHTS of Trinidad when he created his PHANTOM FRIENDS from VINCYLAND who he said recently came to England and told him the LIES about Vincy RAGGA SOCA and how there were songs that entered our first contest that were not of that genre?

    Remember when I PRESSED HIM to name the songs that were not RAGGA SOCA. Well, it was because of the fact that I knew Iwer was the first winner of that contest and his song was not RAGGA SOCA.

    However, if you listened to these IDIOTS, they would have led you astray, because they do not know what the PHUCK they are talking about, but they like to come off like they do.

    They are nothing more than GOOGLE DEBATERS. They find all kind of generic NONSENSE on the Internet and expect you to take them as RELIABLE SOURCES.

    Anyhow, Iwer George winning the FIRST RAGGA SOCA competition was CONTROVERSIAL, because it was not what they deemed to be a RAGGA SOCA song. His win created much debates in Trinidad in this regard.

    They did not know what was SOCA from what was RAGGA SOCA. But when you listen to these Trini GOOGLE debaters, who would be TOTALLY LOST if their GOOD FRIEND GOOGLE did not exist, you would swear that Trinis knew the DIFFERENCE.

    So there you have it, another LIE told by the DISCREDITED PATHOLOGICAL LIAR, Socaamateur, that the first RAGGA SOCA competition started in 2000. That lie has EXPOSED him further as a LIAR who will say anything to support his DELUSIONAL claims.

    @the TRINI FOOLS who want people to take them seriously on this subject but dont even know when their own RAGGA SOCA competition started.

    You guys are TRULY the BIGGEST LOSERS.

    YUHHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEEE
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 03-19-2012 at 10:10 AM.

  8. #38
    Registered User dedetriniking's Avatar dedetriniking is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,928
    Credits
    48,746,214

    VP is ah rell Jackarse fer real yuh know. That man does be conjuring up victories in he head even as he head is being shoved up he arse.

    Aye VP the vincentian jackarse. Here is a question for you. You claim that ragga soca was created by Becket in the seventies....but it got named and defined in the late 90s by Winston Soso......so what did the vincentians call that music between the late 70s and the late 90s. That is two decades plus eh. What allyuh called the music then?
    uran10 and Socapro like this.

  9. #39
    Banned Trinizagada is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    2,347
    Credits
    1,543,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Amare Triniboi View Post
    U guys go through the same thing with VP day in and day out. U don't learn 2 ignore?
    Triniboi I guess it is just something to keep people occupied... what else could it be?

    Thread after thread or renaming of threads that end up with the same billing but with different people stating the obvious with the same outcome.

    We like it so... What else could it be?

  10. #40
    Banned Trinizagada is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    2,347
    Credits
    1,543,106
    @the TRINI FOOLS who want people to take them seriously on this subject but dont even know when their own RAGGA SOCA competition started.

    You guys are TRULY the BIGGEST LOSERS.
    Even if people had any hope of taking you seriously your rank disrespect for anything Trinidadian is easily seen. In other words the stench of your gross arrogance is despicably nauseating!

    When I posted the information regarding the 1999 start of the Ragga competition in Trinidad as against the 2000 start is was meant to show that we record our history... Something that St.Vincent is sadly lacking regarding its music.

    What did you do? You called us Fools..... What a shame!
    Last edited by Trinizagada; 03-19-2012 at 11:55 AM.

  11. #41
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,725
    Credits
    891,313,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinizagada View Post
    I recently read on another popular website that the TnT Ragga Soca Competition was actually started in 1999 but discontinued after the 2001 competition because of a lack of sponsorship.

    The following are the winners:

    Ragga Soca
    1999 - Iwer George - Iwer and Half
    2000 - Bunji Garlin - Chant Down Babylon
    2001 - Bunji Garlin - Licks

    Since everyone is all about getting the facts straight I thought that this should be part of the thread. If the information is incorrect then someone can post the relevant information. This is the wonderful thing about all things related to TnT ... someone, somewhere documents the information! We don't have to feel guilty for doing the right thing. If others should do the same then most to the discussions/arguments will become irrelevant because of the documentation.
    Good stuff Trinizagada and many thanks for that link correcting the first year of the T&T Ragga Soca Monarch competition to 1999 rather than 2000.
    I was bussing my brain trying to remember when it started before searching for some links to help confirm the year and came up with info below from a link to one of Bunji Garlin's bios at Bunji Garlin
    This link led me to conclude that the T&T Ragga Soca Monarch competition started in 2000 rather than in 1999 when I read the info I’ve highlighted below from the 4th paragraph of the bio.

    Quote:
    Garlin was educated at Arima Senior Comprehensive School, where he demonstrated his unique chanting skills whenever he had the opportunity. His debut in the music industry in 1998 came after Garlin made a name for himself performing at small venues and local events. He is the undisputed king of ragga soca, having won the “Ragga Soca Monarch” competition in both 2000 and 2001, the two years in which the competition was staged. Garlin won the Young King title in 2001, and captured the coveted title of International Soca Monarch in 2002, then reclaimed this title for three more years


    I could vaguely remember Bunji Garlin performing "Send Dem Riddim Crazy" at Brass 1999 with Alison Hinds joining him on stage and causing a sensation on stage but couldn't remember if there was also a Ragga Soca Monarch competition that year. But now that we have confirmed that there was indeed a Ragga Soca Monarch competition in T&T in 1999, I believe going by my memory that Bunji came 2nd or 3rd performing “Send Dem Riddim Crazy” in the very first edition. Good stuff!

    It now makes even more sense now, that the Vincy Ragga Soca Monarch competition was strongly inspired by the original T&T version. Also seeing that Iwer won the very first Ragga Soca Monarch competition in 1999 with "Iwer and Half" which is more of a Jump and Wave tune rather than a Ragga-Soca tune, it makes even more sense now why the Vincies following suit were not strict with the style of songs allowed into their version of the Ragga Soca Monarch competition.
    It all makes even more sense now so many thanks again Trinizagada for that valuable link!
    Ragga Soca Hall of Fame

    PS:
    In a roundabout way we Trinis are to blame for the young Vincy artists of today labelling most of their music as Ragga-Soca so as to ensure that it will qualify for entry into their version of the Ragga Soca Monarch competition. We should never have allowed Iwer to enter and even worse to win the very first Ragga Soca Monarch competition in 1999 with that song “Iwer & A Half” that is clearly not a Ragga-Soca. We set a bad precedence from the onset with the very first Ragga Soca Monarch competition so in a way I am glad our T&T Ragga Soca Monarch competition was scrapped. In my eyes if you are doing a Ragga Soca Monarch competition you need to be strict with the style of music that is allowed entry into the competition as it can eventually lead to confusion about the music.
    Last edited by Socapro; 03-19-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Trinizagada likes this.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  12. #42
    Banned Trinizagada is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    2,347
    Credits
    1,543,106
    Just confirmed on WACK Radio901Fm (12:30 pm) with host Ellsworth James.... Iwer George called Ellsworth and confirmed that he won the competition in 1999!

    Ayoung doh call meh crazy...Happy Birthday to Edwin Ayoung (Calypsonian Crazy)!
    Socapro likes this.

  13. #43
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,087,990
    n SMH@the THREE TRINI CLOWNS (Larry, Curley and Moe ) aka as the THREE STOOGES (Socaamateur, DEDETRINIQUEEN and TRINIZABATTY) of IMIX.

    I will address their posts and put them to SHAME once more when I get the chance.

  14. #44
    Banned Trinizagada is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    2,347
    Credits
    1,543,106
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    n SMH@the THREE TRINI CLOWNS (Larry, Curley and Moe ) aka as the THREE STOOGES (Socaamateur, DEDETRINIQUEEN and TRINIZABATTY) of IMIX.

    I will address their posts and put them to SHAME once more when I get the chance.
    Sigh!

  15. #45
    Registered User uran10's Avatar uran10 is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    St. kitts
    Posts
    35
    Credits
    1,061,957
    Guys I'm just wondering why do you continue to make ragga soca topics when Vincypowa just like mek confusion. I mean every post he makes is long and ridiculous that I actually had to stop reading them. wouldn't it be easier to um idk every time to he post pretend he didn't say a word especially when it comes to this topic so he doesn't end up derailing it in which he already has succeeded in?

    # just saying
    Socapro likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •