Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Kevin Lyttle Problem

Credits

The Kevin Lyttle Problem

He is a "soca" artist but

1) He is much bigger outside of the Caribbean (home of soca) than in the in the C'bean.

2) His soca songs tend to be more waterred down to appeal to people outside of the carribean.

So where does he belong in the context of discussion and arguement on islandmix? Most of here are C'bean and soca is ours. Also, soca isn't even a catagory on some web sites eg: Myspace.

So, how do deal with Lyttle? I say give him props as a C'bean artist that got signed to a major label. Also, if he got a new song put it up here.

But I would not try to compair him to regional soca artist because he hardly ever come out on top (unless we talking about who has the biggest crossover...)

I'm not hating on Lyttle, just pointing out a fact.

Credits
    Buh i been saying that long time. The man is King of a kingdom of one....well two if yuh count the donkey he riding.

Credits
    wellll D only KL problem i see is VP...dats it....is ure KL doesnt believe or suscribe to half d shit VP does type bout him
    Love Life!!!

ank
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post

1) He is much bigger outside of the Caribbean (home of soca) than in the in the C'bean.
    He is big as Soca artist from Caribbea island and also big over there .

2) His soca songs tend to be more waterred down to appeal to people outside of the carribean.
    umm ?

So where does he belong in the context of discussion and arguement on islandmix? Most of here are C'bean and soca is ours. Also, soca isn't even a catagory on some web sites eg: Myspace.
    but I know Soca and I like a lot !

So, how do deal with Lyttle? I say give him props as a C'bean artist that got signed to a major label. Also, if he got a new song put it up here.
    He is soca artist ... you cant see ?

But I would not try to compair him to regional soca artist because he hardly ever come out on top (unless we talking about who has the biggest crossover...) yes..

He is very nice and so sweet his voice

Credits
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    Buh i been saying that long time. The man is King of a kingdom of one....well two if yuh count the donkey he riding.
    Lol...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ank View Post
    Please shut the fuck up... you don't know what you're talking about.

Credits

But I would not try to compair him to regional soca artist because he hardly ever come out on top (unless we talking about who has the biggest crossover...)

Like you trying to build up your credits....

Sweetness4life Mrs. Yankee Doodle's Avatar Mrs. Yankee Doodle is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    Please shut the fuck up... you don't know what you're talking about.
    hi bakie.......u read my mind man.....
    Live life in concert with your values!
    Never be paralyzed!
    Don't wait for people to change! - Dr. Robert Brooks

Credits
    he is a "soca" artist but

1) he is much bigger outside of the caribbean (home of soca) than in the in the c'bean.
    And every single soca artist wishes that they're bigger outside the caribbean instead of in it, which means they're still struggling to make it to the international stage like the king of mainstream soca and soul of soca, kevin lyttle.

In other words, u cannot compare the bush league with the major league. Everyone wants to be in the BIG LEAGUE.

And BELIEVE me, there R THOSE who are TRYING EXTREMELY HARD to get there, but they lack TRUE TALENT or they simply have not made that BIG SONG needed to get to the BIG DANCE.

2) his soca songs tend to be more waterred down to appeal to people outside of the carribean.
    total garbage. But hey, i did not expect better from u, especially since you've a MINIMAL grasp of the HISTORY of the soca industry. You're obviously wet behind the ears. That being the case, ley me...uhm...ah go save that for another time....but i will say this:

Before "turn me on" by the king of mainstream soca and soul of soca, kevin lyttle, took the world by storm, it was a monster hit in the caribbean, and in the caribbean communities in north america and europe too, before the mainstream market got a hold of it.

Moreover, the KING OF MAINSTREAM SOCA and SOUL of SOCA, Kevin Lyttle, was PERFORMING with the LIKES of 50 CENT, BUSTA RHYMES, FABULOUS, LIL KIM, etc. before he was even SIGNED to a MAJOR LABEL. Where have you EVER HEARD an UNKNOWN SOCA ARTIST (just came on the scene) is billed to PERFORM with MAINSTREAM artists in a MAINSTREAM MARKET?

Moreover, it is the vision of the king of mainstream soca and soul of soca, kevin lyttle, that led your boy rupee to follow a similar trend and that is how he briefly caught the mainstream bug....the same goes too for kmc.

So yes, u can thank kevin lyttle for transforming the soca industry where everyone is now trying to emulate his style to go to the big dance.

so where does he belong in the context of discussion and arguement on islandmix? Most of here are c'bean and soca is ours. Also, soca isn't even a catagory on some web sites eg: Myspace.
    he should be prominently in the discussion on islandmix because he gave soca music the kind of international exposer that it has not received in donkey years.

And to prove how prominently he is in the discussion on islandmix, go and check the archives. And this thread, although trying to lay claim that he shouldn't, is just another fundamental reason why he is and will continue to be.

so, how do deal with lyttle? I say give him props as a c'bean artist that got signed to a major label. Also, if he got a new song put it up here.
    no doubt.

but i would not try to compair him to regional soca artist because he hardly ever come out on top (unless we talking about who has the biggest crossover...)
    he cannot be compare to a regional artist because he has reached the big stage. He is known throughout planet earth. So to compare him to artists in the underground soca industry, who are all trying to make it to where he has reached, is simply not fair to those underground artists.

i'm not hating on lyttle, just pointing out a fact.
    whether u r hating or not is not of importance. What is relevant is that your posts will be addressed by i n i because obviously we're on opposite end of the spectrum on this issue.

I always look forward to a meaningful discussion without the silly distractions that do not address the topic at hand.
    Deal wid de MESSAGE and not the MESSENGER.

ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhh

PS: There is no KEVIN LYTTLE PROBLEM, but it is CLEAR there is a KEVIN LYTTLE JEALOUSY and ENVY PROBLEM on DA MIX.
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 01-19-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ank View Post
    U R ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.....no DOUBT.

Credits
    Buoyyyy, ARYO GEE de I ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY to LET the PEEPERS LISTEN to BIG BUMBOCLEET CHUNE from DA KING of MAINSTREAM SOCA and sOUL OF SOCA, Kevin Lyttle.

PULLLLLLL UPPPP SELECTAAA

LICK WOOD MEANS REWIND, GUN SHOT MEANS FORWARD; U REQUESTED it so WE REWIND.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniDivaWoman View Post
    wellll D only KL problem i see is VP...dats it....is ure KL doesnt believe or suscribe to half d shit VP does type bout him
    I am SURE that he does, because I ONLY TYPE TRUTH or I can DEFEND what I TYPE.

As JACK NICHOLSON ONCE said in a MOVIE: "U WANT ANSWERS, U CANNOT HANDLE the TRUTH."

I BRING TRUTH or SOUND REASONING but it SEEMS like U CANNOT HANDLE it.

OHHHHHHHH YEAHHHH

Credits
    i am back and see much has not changed. give kl a break. man still doing big things for genre and wunna hating

Credits
    dis again...didnt we not get anywhere wid this already. ppl always find a way to turn it into some stupidness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast