Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Lyttle Album Sales

Credits
    well i cant remember if i was a part of de Kevin Lyttle "haters sqaud or not" i probably was...but when i saw him on BET last week i must say i was impressed with the way he answered the questions and how he tried to educate these ignorant folks about soca....the only thing i wasnt too happy about was him using Harry Belafonte's "Day O" as an example of calypso and this weekend i gine tell him dat when i see him....i think a better song he could have used to describe calypso is "Feelin Hot Hot Hot" that's about my only gripe with him....but right now i am very please with his success and i will be a supporter of his...whether or not his music is hot i gine be spending my money to make sure he succeeds....cuz if he's opening doors for other acts (me being one hopefully..lol) i would support...call it kissing ass whatever u want...but sometimes u just gotta do what u gotta (with restrictions of course..lol) but kevin lyttle u have done St. Vincent and i'm sure the whole caribbean proud...although some people wouldnt admit it....i'm just waiting for rupee to blow up like u allyuh doin real good for yuhselves and allyuh could only grow....but remember this...doan ever forget where u come from

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone
    well i cant remember if i was a part of de Kevin Lyttle "haters sqaud or not" i probably was...but when i saw him on BET last week i must say i was impressed with the way he answered the questions and how he tried to educate these ignorant folks about soca....the only thing i wasnt too happy about was him using Harry Belafonte's "Day O" as an example of calypso and this weekend i gine tell him dat when i see him....i think a better song he could have used to describe calypso is "Feelin Hot Hot Hot" that's about my only gripe with him....but right now i am very please with his success and i will be a supporter of his...whether or not his music is hot i gine be spending my money to make sure he succeeds....cuz if he's opening doors for other acts (me being one hopefully..lol) i would support...call it kissing ass whatever u want...but sometimes u just gotta do what u gotta (with restrictions of course..lol) but kevin lyttle u have done St. Vincent and i'm sure the whole caribbean proud...although some people wouldnt admit it....i'm just waiting for rupee to blow up like u allyuh doin real good for yuhselves and allyuh could only grow....but remember this...doan ever forget where u come from
    I am curious, are you an artist?

If so, are you part of the lineup with Kevin and Tanya, which will be held in Queens over the weekend?

By the way, nice post.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RasKefentse
    If he can drop a next descent single it doesn't have to be as big as Turn Me On and he's going gold for sure maybe even platinum in the next 6-8 months. 84,000 in ya first week is not an easy thing to do just ask most of these rappers.
    :)
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    I am curious, are you an artist?

If so, are you part of the lineup with Kevin and Tanya, which will be held in Queens over the weekend?

By the way, nice post.

yes i am....and yeah i'm a part of the line up...

Hint: Val 3nie2debone

Credits
    yes i am....and yeah i'm a part of the line up...

Hint: Val 3nie2debone
    Ok.

Thanks.

Credits

lending my support...

Quote Originally Posted by Ms SocaBaby
    His album sales can escalate even more through the support of us - west indians/caribbean peoples!

Truth is, i haven't heard "Turn Me On" once down here in Houston. For some reason or another none of the major black/hispanic radio outlets play it down here. OK, i heard it once on some dance/techno staion, but that's it. As large as the carribean/african (the africans do support our music nuff, for those who are not aware) prescence is in "H-Town", you really would expect a lot more exposure. Nevertheless, it still is refreshing to give a good "Ah told yuh so" to all my friends who refused to believe when I predicted that soca was on the rise in the states.

I did support Mr. Lyttle's album, however, by buying it the day after it came out-and by the way, can someone tell me who else that is singing on the hidden track (The one after the "Turn Me On" rmx)?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by limerboi
    Truth is, i haven't heard "Turn Me On" once down here in Houston. For some reason or another none of the major black/hispanic radio outlets play it down here. OK, i heard it once on some dance/techno staion, but that's it. As large as the carribean/african (the africans do support our music nuff, for those who are not aware) prescence is in "H-Town", you really would expect a lot more exposure. Nevertheless, it still is refreshing to give a good "Ah told yuh so" to all my friends who refused to believe when I predicted that soca was on the rise in the states.

I did support Mr. Lyttle's album, however, by buying it the day after it came out-and by the way, can someone tell me who else that is singing on the hidden track (The one after the "Turn Me On" rmx)?
    The hidden track is "Sexy Ways" with Trini Jacobs.

Credits
    Daiz why you are meh lil partner in crime in this.....I agree w/ you!

I

Credits
    Well, I could not let this one go.

Kevin Lyttle's "Turn Me On" is the #1 track on the Billboard chart.

History has been made!!!!!!!!

TURN ME ON is #1

tramericanjr
    Quote Originally Posted by RasKefentse
    If he can drop a next descent single it doesn't have to be as big as Turn Me On and he's going gold for sure maybe even platinum in the next 6-8 months. 84,000 in ya first week is not an easy thing to do just ask most of these rappers.

there are some rappers like joe buddens ghostface,juels santana have done above those numbers and stopped at like 300,000 so it will be hard

Credits
    It is official.

Kevin Lyttle’s next video/single will be “I Got It.”

Kevin and his people have big plans for his next single.

There is even a deal to have this song be a part of a movie soundtrack.

All the details are still not finalized, so I cannot type any further on that particular issue.

There is this huge event/show in the works, in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, for Kevin Lyttle.

It should be spectacular….big name artists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12