Thread: Iwer pounds Machel over ‘road march’ tag

Post Iwer pounds Machel over ‘road march’ tag

http://www.guardian.co.tt/carnival2.html

Neil Iwer George has called on his fellow soca artiste Machel Montano to change the name of his band.

George said yesterday Montano was “disrupting” the value of the Road March title by calling his group the Road Marching band.

Montano said he had no comment, adding, “The only George I know is George Chambers.”

The apparent feud between the two soca stars started on the wekend, when George sang about Montano in his latest release, “Take Off Your Jersey.”

The defending Soca Monarch said the only band authorised to use the words “road march” was Invazion.

He said they could do so because they had the defending Road March champion Faye Ann Lyons and the 2002 winner Naya George in the band.

George said Montano was fully aware of the value attached to the Road March title, having won it himself in 1997 with “Big Truck.”

“He had the Road March title in the past and he enjoyed it by himself, so he should allow others to enjoy theirs,” George said.

“I think it is unfair to the rest of the artistes, because if Destra (Garcia) wins Road March, she would like to go outside as Road March queen and Atlantik as the Road March band.

“The same with Shurwayne Winchester: if he wins, he would like to be recognised as Road March king and his band, Traffik, as the Road March band.”

George said Montano should rectify the situation by changing the name. He said he would give him time to do so.

“All I trying to do is to correct the brother. Other than that, we all right. Every now and again I have to pull him up,” he said.

Ridiculous

Isn't this stupid? It's a marching band...and they're gonna be on the road...so doesn't it make logical sense that they should be called a Road Marching Band...Iwer only trying to draw attention away from his stupid lyrics...(which I will be jumping up to this year :) )

i just waiting 4 a calypsonian to make a jokey comment about the whole issue in the tent. :p

salty

Allyuh can throw bottles, rocks and WMD's at me all you want but I think Iwer needs to get a grip. I was listening to WLIB this morning and they had a conversation about this same bullshite. Like I said in a previous post Iwer didn't put a patent on the term "Road Marching Band", why don't Iwer call the presidents of Howard, Hampton, Grambling and every other Black University and tell them to change the term "Road Marching Band" sorry for the long post but I hate to see foolishness like this. Carnival is bachannal not FOOLISHNESS.

Why don't Iwer sing about the jackass cop that shot the 18 year old in a fete. Why don't he lash out against that. Oh he trying to correct the brother *STEUPSSSS* PUH-LEASE

trini49
    Iwer needs to stop worrying about Machel and start singing something with sense

bwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Iwer mad as ass dat is why i love him

bwhahahahhaha...

Somebody hand Iwer a dictionary please... lol

i love this comment though:
    Montano said he had no comment, adding, “The only George I know is George Chambers.”
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Stupidness...Eh makes for good controversy though. :p

Allyuh leave de big man of de business alone. Although i don't agree wit what de man ah say but you'll don't have to get at him on other topics like you'll always do. i gone
    Last edited by Soca Demon; 01-29-2004 at 12:14 PM.

Originally posted by Soca Demon
    Allyuh leave de big man of de business alone. Although i don't agree wit what de man ah say but you'll don't have to get at him on other topics like you'll always do. i gone
    None ah we in here pay taxes for we mouth nah!

Originally posted by Soca Demon
    huh???

we disagree wit wah he saying... soooo we mussn't say something???
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

$ CASH MONEY PROMOTIONS$ Dark & Lovely's Avatar Dark & Lovely is offline
    WHO DIED AND LEFT IWER BOSS!! HE NEED TO GET A F**** LIFE!!
    "TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED
    TOO ANNOINTED TO BE DISAPPOINTED"

Originally posted by bunjigarlindarlin
    huh???

we disagree wit wah he saying... soooo we mussn't say something???
    yuh right. i apologize then. lol. much luv

Originally posted by shandy
    Allyuh can throw bottles, rocks and WMD's at me all you want but I think Iwer needs to get a grip. I was listening to WLIB this morning and they had a conversation about this same bullshite. Like I said in a previous post Iwer didn't put a patent on the term "Road Marching Band", why don't Iwer call the presidents of Howard, Hampton, Grambling and every other Black University and tell them to change the term "Road Marching Band" sorry for the long post but I hate to see foolishness like this. Carnival is bachannal not FOOLISHNESS.

Why don't Iwer sing about the jackass cop that shot the 18 year old in a fete. Why don't he lash out against that. Oh he trying to correct the brother *STEUPSSSS* PUH-LEASE
    amen shandy what a jack$$ let him patent the damn term if it that serious he just jealous Xtatik have a wicked stage show & creativity (minus the slack Power Puff girls)

Looking like Iwer not only signing and playing 4 king dotish

but

he talking 4 king dotish too

meh head bad, meh head gone