Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Is Islandmix soc chat dying?

Credits

Is Islandmix soc chat dying?

years ago, Mix was on fire. After a hiatus, I, formerly winn dixie, am back and it seems as though things have changed. where have all the imixers gone? it does not seem to much traffic in terms of members posting in soca chat. Talk me somebody.

Credits
    Maybe VP hurt too many egos over the years or drove too many folks away with his divisive posts I am not sure but I am still here.

I think a lot of folks now posts mainly on social media like facebook etc so that coupled with management going absent and not keeping things in order has led to the current slow Imix posting traffic.

Welcome back! I am still around but don't post as often as I used too.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Maybe VP hurt too many egos over the years or drove too many folks away with his divisive posts I am not sure but I am still here.

I think a lot of folks now posts mainly on social media like facebook etc so that coupled with management going absent and not keeping things in order has led to the current slow Imix posting traffic.

Welcome back! I am still around but don't post as often as I used too.
    From the TIME U came on the FORUM as an ACTIVE PARTICIPANT, SOCA CHAT STARTED to GO DOWNHILL. And it is all because that which you have PROJECTED TOWARDS me.

See how SELF CONSCIOUS and GUILTY U R?

U ran to GO BLAME someone else and NOT yourself.

Your POSTS R there for ALL to SEE.

Credits
    I still come in from time to time but not nearly as much as i used to. Part of the reason is that i listen to wayyy more african music these days and not as in tune with what's going on in the caribbean. But i suspect its just a phase and I will be back full on with caribbean music soon......especially that old trini vintage stuff.
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Credits
    #IMlifesupport..

who is to say. just got back after a long time off. aint shit change

Credits
    between VP - prophetic statement "Everything from SVG is the greatest contribution to the the genre." and SP "Everything your island produce is not good enough unless stamped good by Trinis", what else is there to talk about?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    between VP - prophetic statement "Everything from SVG is the greatest contribution to the the genre." and SP "Everything your island produce is not good enough unless stamped good by Trinis", what else is there to talk about?
    You honestly have a serious inferiority complex about myself and Trinidad.

I never argued anywhere that soca from other islands is not good unless its gets a T&T stamp.
    What I have pointed out is that in general outside soca tracks that make a hit in Trinidad usually get an extra boost and extension of life and popularity as I have observed first hand at Notting Hill Carnival almost on an annual basis for the past 20 years since the late 1990's.

I also correct misinformation I see being posted here about T&T soca music and artists because I have been collecting and appreciating soca longer than most of you infants here.

If you are so insecure that you wish to equate my accurate marketing observations and correcting of any soca misinformation as me saying that other islands soca is no good unless they get the T&T stamp then that is your problem not mines as I cannot help you with your obvious insecurities.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    From the TIME U came on the FORUM as an ACTIVE PARTICIPANT, SOCA CHAT STARTED to GO DOWNHILL. And it is all because that which you have PROJECTED TOWARDS me.

See how SELF CONSCIOUS and GUILTY U R?

U ran to GO BLAME someone else and NOT yourself.

Your POSTS R there for ALL to SEE.
    I did not blame you VP, I said maybe and was only speculating.

You missed the part where I suggested that the impact of social media and the absence of management on the forum to keep things in order when some folks get abusive to others could also have led to the current slow traffic on the forum.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    Pretty much.

Credits
    Later in the year and next year T&T carnival is when the place will be active, I'll pop in if there is some soca news to be posted but other than that you'll only see me actively posting when real soca hit the airwaves.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    soca chat is more lively when Trinidad music hits the airwaves heavy so I would say late September to February.

although its hard to deny that this website is dying a fast death, backchat and all use to be pumping with posts and there is no effort to boost it back
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Bhalistix,

A lot ot truth here, dont know if i would put the blame on the 2 of them only, both, collectively have done more imo for the forum and soca in general, good or bad.......but a lot of blame to go around, ppl are just fcuked up.....it is just that simple, ppl like music from their own island and wish only to promote from their base.

Few on here are openminded enough to just enjoy it as "good " music , very few!

Few on here given props to other islands puting out soca music.

They try to paint themselves as not bias.....but go down the threads......few outside of Socapro, " like " stuff.. lol, even when they are weak imo, but at least he is acknowledging the effort....

Like i said, from going to these diff islands and carnivals over the yrs most are just bias towards their own and never want to give a next island their music shine or props over theirs...

That is a fact, Check the threads !

Where else you can get a better set of well informed ppl that like soca and all that it represents, stands for except here ?

But then you have the haters , endless that mad a next man getting the shine or bussin something that they felt T&T should of buss it or they have no love of the forum , site, soca, yet feel empowered to type shit to feel better about their miserable life...etc.

Anyway...i do my part.

And VP is playa hater.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Bhalistix,

A lot ot truth here, dont know if i would put the blame on the 2 of them only, both, collectively have done more imo for the forum and soca in general, good or bad.......but a lot of blame to go around, ppl are just fcuked up.....it is just that simple, ppl like music from their own island and wish only to promote from their base.

They try to paint themselves as not bias.....but go down the threads......few outside of Socapro, " like " stuff.. lol, even when they are weak imo, but at least he is acknowledging the effort....

Like i said, from going to these diff islands and carnivals over the yrs most are just bias towards their own and never want to give a next island their music shine or props over theirs...

Where else you can get a better set of well informed ppl that like soca and all that it represents, stands for except here ?

But then you have the haters , endless that mad a next man getting the shine or bussin something that they felt T&T should of buss it or they have no love of the forum , site, soca, yet feel empowered to type shit to feel better about their miserable life...etc.

Anyway...i do my part.

And VP is playa hater.
    Nice post!

Because most of the posters on Islandmix are naturally insular and bias towards what soca music they allow themselves to appreciate I believe they project their bias way of thinking in regards to soca onto me simply because I am patriotic and defend T&T where misinformation about our soca music and artists are concerned.

I think most folks here confuse me correcting misinformation about T&T soca artists and music in general with me being against soca from other islands when in fact I have a wider appreciate for good soca music from other islands than most posters here.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Bhalistix,

Anyway...i do my part.

And VP is playa hater.
    everyone in here would like to see their island music go forward, more so those islands who have for years been ignored as the try to make headway in a genre which is dominated by T&T, and their dominance is not a result of they being better.

Many flock to to IslandMix to expose mixers to the music of their native land, but instead of having a conversation about the quality of music you instead devote countless key stroke to defending your islands' music against accusations of lacking in originality, or whether it will be big in trinidad, etc.

Many times on here we make being insular seem like its a bad thing, it's NOT. Outside of the level to which VP and Socapro takes it, i encourage everyone to be insular with regards to your island music. With out you being at the forefront pushing the music of your native land who will? you will go to your native lands and be amazed by the volume of enjoyable music you hear for carnival but upon return to your north american or European diaspora that music goes mute because the powers that be force their music on you.
    trinifrombx likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    You honestly have a serious inferiority complex about myself and Trinidad.

I never argued anywhere that soca from other islands is not good unless its gets a T&T stamp.
    What I have pointed out is that in general outside soca tracks that make a hit in Trinidad usually get an extra boost and extension of life and popularity as I have observed first hand at Notting Hill Carnival almost on an annual basis for the past 20 years since the late 1990's.

This probably my last time posting in here because as the title of this thread say, imix dead. Its only right that I use my final post to piss Soca Pro off one more time, that said...

RE your Trini boost theory, as we have pointed out to you many times before, songs get into Trini Carnival when they are on their last legs after they have dominated around the world - they are not boosted by Trini Carnival, the artist is, but usually once Trini Carnival done, the next set of island tunes to dominate start releasing a few months later.

The current example of that is 'Split in di middle' has just Dominated all the carnivals around the world, all the summer caribbean carnivals, just a few days ago Notting hill and I can comfortably assume it will Dominate the upcoming US carnivals.

Trini Carnival is not until next year February. Split in di middle did not dominate Trini this year. So as you can see by the time it dominates Trini (and it more than likely will) it will already have dominated everywhere else and be on its way out.

So we have proven once again that your Trini boost formula, exists only in your head not in reality. The artist will become more of a household name once he enters Trini, but his song - unless it turns into the next 'turn me on' will die in the months following Trini carnival ushering in the 2018 summer carnival hits.

Now you can put your Trini boost theory to bed and let it go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast