Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hot New 2014 GT Mashramani Soca & Chutney-Soca Releases!

Credits

Thumbs up Hot New 2014 GT Mashramani Soca & Chutney-Soca Releases!

Mashramani 2014 is about a month away (climaxing on Sunday 23rd February 2014) and the Guyanese Soca and Chutney Soca releases are beginning to flow now (thank God) even if most of the attention is on T&T.

In the interest of making the GT releases easier to find please post them here to this thread, many thanks.

I'll get the ball rolling with this nice hot Power Soca release from the reigning GT Soca Monarch Jumo.

Brand new Power Soca from Guyana's 2 times Soca Monarch Champion Jumo called "On The Road".
    This one is catchy and he is hoping it will help him to complete the GT Soca Monarch hat-trick this year!!

Jumo - On The Road [2014 GT Power Soca]

Written By Jumo for Mashramani 2014. Defending Soca Monarch 2012 & 2013
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Brand new Groovy Soca from Guyana's Soca Queen Shelly G called "Party Animal aka Give It To Me".
    This one uses a similar drum pattern to Timaya's "Shake Yuh Bam Bam" hit which should help it to gain favour with soca DJ's around the world. I like it!!

Shelly G - Party Animal (Give It To Me) [2014 GT Groovy Soca]

Produced by Kevin Charles for Stadic Productions
    Mashramani release & Soca Monarch Entry 2014.

Shelly G is back on the scene with a great song that could help her take home the crown for Soca Monarch in Guyana for the second time.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!

Credits
    Brand new Groovy Soca from Guyana's Defending Soca Monarch Jumo Primo called "March Out".
    Very nice!!

Jumo Primo - March Out [2014 GT Groovy Soca]

Produced by Ernie of Reflex Studios
    Mashramani Release 2014.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Brand new Power Soca from Guyana's Lil Red called "Who We Are". Very nice!!
    This one is catchy and should be a contender in the GT Soca Monarch and on the road for Mash Carnival!

Lil Red - Who We Are [2014 GT Power Soca]

Mashramani Release 2014.
    Produced by 1st Klase Productions (Trinidad)
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Brand new Groovy Soca from Guyana's Defending Soca Monarch Jumo Primo called "March Out".
    Very nice!!

Jumo Primo - March Out [2014 GT Groovy Soca]

Produced by Ernie of Reflex Studios
    Mashramani Release 2014.
    Generic jump up soca copied for the island to the north. Guyanese soca had more lyrics, but now it's just jump and wine tata.
    "Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." Frantz Fanon

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
    Generic jump up soca copied for the island to the north. Guyanese soca had more lyrics, but now it's just jump and wine tata.
    Come on Seawall don't blame T&T for the lyrics in Guyanese soca songs.
    Next time you go home why not go on the radio and make an appeal to your young artists to compose better songs and stop always focusing on T&T to blame for your perceived shortcomings.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Brand new Power Soca here on the Blow Jab Riddim from Bonesman called "Blow".
    Very catchy and deserves to be a hit, should do well for Guyana Mashramani 2014!

Bonesman - Blow [Blow Jab Riddim] [2014 GT Power Soca]

Guyana Mashramani 2014, Produced by Darrell Pugsley, DP Records.
    DP Records https://www.facebook.com/dprecordsnow
    https://www.facebook.com/Dmusician
    dprecordsonline@gmail.com

A bit about the track/riddim Producer Darrell Pugsley from his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/darrellpugsley/info
    Apparently he is originally from Brazil but now lives in Guyana.

About Darrell Pugsley

Music Producer/Audio Engineer/Video Producer/Editor

Biography

Local music lovers may remember him as one of the lead keyboard players with the Brutal Jammers band and Heat Wave Band. Presently operating between Manaus and Sao Paolo Brazil and Guyana,.. Darrell has played Keys(keyboards)for and or toured with Artistes such as Serani, Cecile, Kiprich, Mr Easy, Collie Buddz, Spragga Benz, Jah Melody, Louie Culture, Turbulence, Natural Black, Natty King, Rupee, Peter Ram and many more..
    He's also shared the same stage with other international acts such as Akon, Buju Banton, Sizzla Kalonji, Beenie Man, Capleton, Beres Hammond, Tony Matterhon just to name a few..
    He works along with musicians in the studios and also serves as one of the Arrangers/Composers and Producers at Brutal Tracks Studios and also DP Studios, which he owns.. also doing graphic designing, video editing and, audio engineering. His musical productions cover the genres of R&B, hip-hop, dancehall, reggae, contemporary Jazz, Samba, Reggaeton, Soca, Forro, Indian, soul and poprock. His work has definitely been heard, but many never knew the face behind the creativity. The young musician/engineer/businessman has been in music professionally for at least 17 years, having started playing the guitar at a young age, compliments of his father. He also plays bass and rhythm guitar. He came to Georgetown,Guyana at age nine and happened upon music by accident and now sees it as his career. He composed and arranged seven tracks on Natural Blacks recent album titled “ Guardian angel” which was launched in Barbados.
    More info coming soon.....
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Come one Seawall don't blame T&T for the lyrics in Guyanese soca songs.
    Next time you go home why not go on the radio and make an appeal to your young artists to compose better songs and stop always focusing on T&T to blame for your perceived shortcomings.
    I'm blaming them for rehashing jump and wine lyrics that have been circulating for carnival for at least 2 decades. It started in T&T didn't it? I have old Mash music with totally different lyrics.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
    I'm blaming them for rehashing jump and wine lyrics that have been circulating for carnival for at least 2 decades. It started in T&T didn't it? I have old Mash music with totally different lyrics.
    Once they are producing a variety of music then its all good Seawall. I don't think they are producing just Jam & wine music in Guyana and I am sure this thread is going to demonstrate that so relax yuhself.
    Seawall likes this.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Brand new Groovy Soca from Guyanese Soca Diva Yonette Hooper called "Leaving".
    Really enjoying this one, it has a vibe similar to Militant's "Passion" and I also like Yonette's voice!!

Yonette Hooper - Leaving [2014 GT Groovy Soca]

Mashramani Release 2014.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Brand new groovy from Adrian Dutchin called "Wine Up", sounding good, no time wasting in the fetes!!

Adrian Dutchin - Wine Up [2014 GT Groovy Soca]

Produced By Precision Productions, Recorded @ Kode784 NY,
    Mixed & Mastered By Precision Productions. Written By Adrian Dutchin.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Brand new Power Soca from Adrian Dutchin called "J.U.M.P.I.N.G", produced by Precision Productions. Nice!!

Adrian Dutchin - J.U.M.P.I.N.G [2014 GT Power Soca]

Produced By Precision Productions, Written By Adrian Dutchin
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Brand new Power Soca from Adrian Dutchin called "Bend Over And Roll (B.O.A.R)", produced by Frykrion.
    Not bad!!

Adrian Dutchin - Bend Over And Roll (B.O.A.R) [2014 GT Power Soca]

Produced By Frykrion, Mixed & Mastered By Shawn "Mastamind" Noel.
    Written By Adrian Dutchin. Origin: Guyana
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Brand new Groovy Soca from Shatta Youth called "Girls Dem". Not bad!!

Shatta Youth - Girls Dem [2014 GT Groovy Soca]

Produced By: Imperial Recording
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    i agree with most of what the writer below says.

There is quantity from our local artistes in the music field but not much quality
    Dear Editor,

Once again it is the season of Soca music. In Guyana, we have our Mashramani celebrations fast approaching, and in neighboring Trinidad and Tobago, Carnival 2014 beckons. As is the norm, lots of pulsating Soca music is released during this period, so that persons can familiarize themselves with the sounds of the season. Here in Guyana, many of our local artistes have unleashed their Mashramani ‘Soca’ fare on the nation, as some prepare for the various competitions and the much anticipated and coveted Road March title.

However, while there is a fair amount of quantity coming from our local artistes, I am afraid that there is not much quality prevailing. In 2014, many of our ‘Soca’ productions lack creative lyricism, musicality, and sound mastery. I am eager to know when our artistes and producers will get it right musically and create high quality world class sounding Guyanese music.

This is not to say that there have not been some productions of good quality emanating from studios in Guyana over the years, but there is also an obvious lack of consistency regarding the quality of productions.

Our attempts at creating ‘Dancehall’ music have been satisfactory in some instances, save for the pseudo Jamaica accent with which some of our artistes struggle. Some of the ‘Dancehall’ and ‘Reggae’ riddims produced in Guyana can stand up to regional scrutiny. But again much work still needs to be done by all parties concerned if they intend to make profitable music.

Guyana once boasted a viable and competitive music industry in the ’50s, ’60s, and ’70s. Numerous string bands dominated the dance spectrum in Guyana in those days. Many Guyanese artistes recorded great songs of high quality that were sold in the regional and international markets. Guyana produced renowned musicians of regional and international repute. So it bothers me that most of what we have today in the local music industry comprises notorious mediocrity.

We need to establish recording standards and rigorously enforce them. Not because a person can pay for studio time should he or she be allowed to permanently place the toneless sound of their voice on a recording and think it is a great sound/song.

At some point, producers must determine what is good sound and what is unwanted sound. More importantly, producers must be professional musicians who can advise persons who over sing and who do not pitch properly. Moreover, producers also need to address lyrical content and song structure. Musical arrangements must be thoroughly assessed and reassessed for the best quality sound. We need to stop producing tracks that sound hollow and empty.

A lot of work needs to be done locally to significantly enhance the sound quality, lyrical content, tone and structure of the music we produce in Guyana, particularly our attempts at ‘Soca’. Perhaps Guyana needs to reestablish its own sound instead of trying to make ‘Soca’, ‘Dancehall’ and ‘Reggae’ music.

Whatever happened to the sound of Shanto? Can it be modernized?

Yours faithfully,

Richard Francois
    Socapro likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast