Thread: Does anyone else think that MADD from Barbados is very underrated ?

Registered User small_island_descent's Avatar small_island_descent is offline
    Credits

Does anyone else think that MADD from Barbados is very underrated ?

I hear about Square One, I hear about Rupee, I hear about Lil Rick, I even hear about Mikey and his one song, how come no one gives MADD any love ? I thinking of some Madd songs I know....

1) Cheesecutter Wine
    2) Pelt Waist
    3) Pampalam
    4) Operator
    5) Tag team
    6) Sweat

Some of these songs are collabs with Lil Rick but still, the man is wicked and can definitely hold his own but it seems like he gets no props.

Juksan Stabbs
    Quote Originally Posted by small_island_descent
    I hear about Square One, I hear about Rupee, I hear about Lil Rick, I even hear about Mikey and his one song, how come no one gives MADD any love ? I thinking of some Madd songs I know....

1) Cheesecutter Wine
    2) Pelt Waist
    3) Pampalam
    4) Operator
    5) Tag team
    6) Sweat

Some of these songs are collabs with Lil Rick but still, the man is wicked and can definitely hold his own but it seems like he gets no props.
    People (non-Bajans) have a hard time understanding his accent even in some of them same songs yuh mentioned yeh!! De man yuh tawkin bout is named Eric Lewis and i bet wunna wouldnt believe he wrote the ENTIRE "Pine Raid" track featuring many different characters including verses with Lil' Rick and Peter Ram.

Registered User small_island_descent's Avatar small_island_descent is offline
    Credits
    Oh aight Stabbs, but whether he under the name Eric Lewis or Madd, u can vouch for me. In Toronto, u ever hear any of his music. And they play bajan tracks up here, not much but some. I bet u never hear Pelt Waist or Operator in a fete before cuz I know I never have.

Oh yeah, what's the SIA website ting again, last time u sent it to me, it got deleted in the IMIX crash.

Juksan Stabbs
    Quote Originally Posted by small_island_descent
    Oh aight Stabbs, but whether he under the name Eric Lewis or Madd, u can vouch for me. In Toronto, u ever hear any of his music. And they play bajan tracks up here, not much but some. I bet u never hear Pelt Waist or Operator in a fete before cuz I know I never have.

Oh yeah, what's the SIA website ting again, last time u sent it to me, it got deleted in the IMIX crash.
    I hear Cheese Cutter, Pelt waist, Tag Team, and Pampalam OCCASIONALLY!!! But dawg...i know you know how things up here run so i'm no longer even surprised at these types of things. Most of them DJ's/Promoters are members of the Asylum though so ima send you the invite again and you can voice your concerns (they are tired of hearing from the same usual suspects like myself )

Credits
    Yes i do fee MADD is underrated..If your not Bajan or don't know much about soca music you would probably be like WHO??
    I luv MADD. MADD are really great entertainers. Lyrics and performance he got it.

Credits
    Madd came to NEW YOrk ah few years ago . They did some of the simialr skits that they do in Bim. there was one the kinda back fired. I remember when they did the song with one of the guys getting married. The crowd could not relate to them and they got boed them. As good as they are in Bim. That's as far as it goes with live performances..They still get my vote anyday though

Credits

Bacchanal Tent

MrBlackRock
    madd is incredibly overrated

donkey hair
    cock-tail
    tribute to gryner..
    big fat yankee
    gine n she cummin

sebas4920
    yeah he is sick wit it

Juksan Stabbs
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackRock
    madd is incredibly overrated

donkey hair
    cock-tail
    tribute to gryner..
    big fat yankee
    gine n she cummin
    Over-rated???

MrBlackRock
    Quote Originally Posted by Juksan Stabbs
    Over-rated???
    wuhlosss underrated bawwwwwwwwwwww

Credits
    DE PINE
    WHO PUT DE PEPPER IN DE VASELINE(FEAT. ALISON)

VERY COMICAL

Credits
    UNDERRATED !!!!!!

Mad Chicken Song
    Red Light!
    Food
    Can forget de christmas chunes
    "I saw ali sing sell christmas trees, a piece of stick tied up with breadfruit leaves"