Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEEJAYS R RESPONSIBLE FOR SOCA MUSiC NOT MAKING IT BIG GLOBALLY

Credits

DEEJAYS R RESPONSIBLE FOR SOCA MUSiC NOT MAKING IT BIG GLOBALLY

I have made REFERENCE to this in part about the STAGNATION of SOCA MUSIC. I have stated that these soca deejays play mediocre songs by ESTABLISHED ACTS at the PERIL of WAY BETTER songs by less known artists.

I will give you a PERFECT EXAMPLE of this.

In 2010, Luta came out with a song called "TIGHT SPOT," EASILY ONE of the BEST SONGS that year, yet these DEEJAYS HARDLY PUSHED it at the CLUBS and on the AIRWAVES.

This is a SONG that had CROSSOVER APPEAL, because anyone could have IDENTIFIED with it, but it was LEFT on the SHELF by DEEJAYS who had the WHEREWITHAL to PUSH it to HIGHER HEIGHTS.

Now, if that same song, with the same PRODUCTION, was sang by a WELL KNOWN ARTIST, these same DEEJAYS would have been PUSHING this SONG left and right.

"TIGHT SPOT" has all the ELEMENTS of a GREAT SONG. It has EXCELLENT LYRICS, EXCELLENT ARRANGEMENT by PARRY JACK and SANG SUPERBLY by LUTA, yet it was left by SOCA DEEJAYS to PICK UP DUST.

Nevertheless, BIG UP to VP RECORDS for RECOGNIZING GOOD MUSIC and so "TIGHT SPOT" was part of the 2011 SOCA GOLD CD.

LADIES n GENTS, I GIVE U "TIGHT SPOT" once more.

By the way, Luta, I FEEL your MANAGEMENT FAILED, because this is a SONG that NEEDED a VIDEO, but did not get any.

Moreover, how much was your MANAGEMENT TEAM doing in PROMOTING and MARKETING U and this song?

If you want to PLAY with the BIG BOYS, MANAGEMENT has to WORK their ASSES off, with the hope that will lead to you and music becoming a household name BEYOND the OBVIOUS places...that is what they're there for.

YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Credits
    Let’s have some fairness in the music industry

Published:
    Friday, December 30, 2011
    Mr Muzik

Mr Muzik calls on deejays to give singers a fair roll of the dice. Already singers big and small are complaining about airplay and how it apparently revolves around one singer—Machel Montano. This cannot be right. pparently deejays are the bosses and are not accountable to anyone. Let’s have some decency and fairness in the music industry. We are seeing the phenom of deejays singing and promoting their own music on the radio stations, which gives them an unfair advantage over so many other deserving artistes. This cannot be right.

Look what happened last year—Benjai’s Trini was the number one song in Trinidad and Tobago, and was a hit in the parties; but ended up fifth on a bogus chart. These DJs have no shame. As Shadow says: “These soca controllers are making and breaking starts.” Did you hear Shurwayne (Winchester) and Bunji regularly this year on the airwaves? It was as if those singers did not exist. This cannot be fair. Station managers and programme directors are not calling in deejays and laying down the laws of fairplay. Is it a free-for-all?

Two sufferers of this vicious system are Dexter Keane and Mista D of Baltimore, USA. These two soca buddies are getting no airplay for the song Roll Call, a serious power soca and Road March contender. The song, released since October, is yet to be heard on the airwaves. WACK Radio comes in for high praises for playing soca music across the board, in spite of having recording artistes on its staff.

Let’s have some fairness in the music industry | The Trinidad Guardian

Credits
    The Majority of DJs are full of shit and clueless....so if you are leaving that up to dem.....it would never happen !

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    The Majority of DJs are full of shit and clueless....so if you are leaving that up to dem.....it would never happen !
    These DEEJAYS always PLAYING a BUNCH of SHIT MUSIC, which anyone with an EAR for music knows is PURE GARBAGE, at the EXPENSE of QUALITY SONGS that are made by LESS KNOWN artists.

Many of these DEEJAYS SELLOUT because they get FAVORS or MONIES on the SIDE by ARTISTS who can AFFORD it and so the LESSER known artist, who have WAY BETTER MUSIC, do not get the PUSH and so GOOD MUSIC goes down the DRAIN instead of the SHIT SONGS that they BOMBARD US with on a DAILY.

YUHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    I have made REFERENCE to this in part about the STAGNATION of SOCA MUSIC. I have stated that these soca deejays play mediocre songs by ESTABLISHED ACTS at the PERIL of WAY BETTER songs by less known artists.

I will give you a PERFECT EXAMPLE of this.

In 2010, Luta came out with a song called "TIGHT SPOT," EASILY ONE of the BEST SONGS that year, yet these DEEJAYS HARDLY PUSHED it at the CLUBS and on the AIRWAVES.

This is a SONG that had CROSSOVER APPEAL, because anyone could have IDENTIFIED with it, but it was LEFT on the SHELF by DEEJAYS who had the WHEREWITHAL to PUSH it to HIGHER HEIGHTS.

Now, if that same song, with the same PRODUCTION, was sang by a WELL KNOWN ARTIST, these same DEEJAYS would have been PUSHING this SONG left and right.

"TIGHT SPOT" has all the ELEMENTS of a GREAT SONG. It has EXCELLENT LYRICS, EXCELLENT ARRANGEMENT by PARRY JACK and SANG SUPERBLY by LUTA, yet it was left by SOCA DEEJAYS to PICK UP DUST.

Nevertheless, BIG UP to VP RECORDS for RECOGNIZING GOOD MUSIC and so "TIGHT SPOT" was part of the 2011 SOCA GOLD CD.

LADIES n GENTS, I GIVE U "TIGHT SPOT" once more.

By the way, Luta, I FEEL your MANAGEMENT FAILED, because this is a SONG that NEEDED a VIDEO, but did not get any.

Moreover, how much was your MANAGEMENT TEAM doing in PROMOTING and MARKETING U and this song?

If you want to PLAY with the BIG BOYS, MANAGEMENT has to WORK their ASSES off, with the hope that will lead to you and music becoming a household name BEYOND the OBVIOUS places...that is what they're there for.

YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
    this where vincy artists and its music is being short change.

i said it before:vincy artists and soca artists in general lack solid professional management.

Credits
    I agree I went to a fete recently and I swear the Dj must be walk with two tunes Mr. Fete and some other shit by Machel. I have a feeling like these DJ's taking a little cash on the side to spin Machel nonsense, when I come on here there is tons of music and good tunes also, sweet music all on you tube, yet when you go to fete is Machel, Machel all the dam time, ah fed up, if that is how it going down ah go save meh money.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cocotrini View Post
    I agree I went to a fete recently and I swear the Dj must be walk with two tunes Mr. Fete and some other shit by Machel. I have a feeling like these DJ's taking a little cash on the side to spin Machel nonsense, when I come on here there is tons of music and good tunes also, sweet music all on you tube, yet when you go to fete is Machel, Machel all the dam time, ah fed up, if that is how it going down ah go save meh money.
    YUHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Credits
    And it comes back to T&T because?
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    tight spot, deserved more than what it got, DJ's are responsible

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jel585 View Post
    tight spot, deserved more than what it got, DJ's are responsible
    is only T&T DJs it have out dey?

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by iPicong View Post
    Apparently so! Them other people have recording studios, they have distribution networks, they have mainstream artists, they are creating innovative music...we all have the internet so good music cya be hidden anymore like long time.....yet is still who fault?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    Apparently so! Them other people have recording studios, they have distribution networks, they have mainstream artists, they are creating innovative music...we all have the internet so good music cya be hidden anymore like long time.....yet is still who fault?
    Is Trinidad fault, is machel fault... jack Warner... kamla... all of them. Yuh dotish awah? Yuh eh see day. But when ah DJ play some odd a tune n he get boo down n doh get hired again... is still we fault

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by iPicong View Post
    I HATE when DUMB PEOPLE ask DUMB QUESTIONS, so allow me a BIT to HELP U to ASK PERTINENT ones.

Isn't TRINIDAD the MECCA of SOCA?

Aren't TRINI DEEJAYS the MOST RECOGNIZED at FETES, CLUBS, PIRATE RADIOS, etc?

Doesn't TRINIDAD has the BIGGEST PRESENCE at the NORTH AMERICAN CARNIVALS?

Don't TRINIS RUN the WIADCA

Aren't TRINIS the LARGEST GROUPING from the EASTERN CARIBBEAN?
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 01-02-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Credits
    de reason trinis will not accept de premise dat soca dj's are responsible fuh de stagnation of soca? de logical conclusion is that trinis are responsible for de stagnation of soca.

wen duh conclusion is coupled with de reality dat trinidad is de mecca of soca, it is not hard to see why sum call trinis fake soca lovers.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    I HATE when DUMB PEOPLE ask DUMB QUESTIONS, so allow me a BIT to HELP U to ASK PERTINENT ones.

Isn't TRINIDAD the MECCA of SOCA?

Aren't TRINI DEEJAYS the MOST RECOGNIZED at FETES, CLUBS, PIRATE RADIOS, etc?

Doesn't TRINIDAD has the BIGGEST PRESENCE at the NORTH AMERICAN CARNIVALS?

Don't TRINIS RUN the WIADCA

Aren't TRINIS the LARGEST GROUPING from the EASTERN CARIBBEAN?
    Quote Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
    de reason trinis will not accept de premise dat soca dj's are responsible fuh de stagnation of soca? de logical conclusion is that trinis are responsible for de stagnation of soca.

wen duh conclusion is coupled with de reality dat trinidad is de mecca of soca, it is not hard to see why sum call trinis fake soca lovers.
    so that I am understanding this correctly T&T is the Mecca of Soca music and we run any and everything that is Soca and all the other islands combined dont have a decent network to challenge the T&T monopoly and even with the shit music and tief music T&T puts out every year the rest of the islands combined with all their great music dont even have 1 decent DJ to push the great music.........I guess it quantity over quality

LR Advertising LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast