Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By notorious saga

Thread: Bunji Garlin accused of racist lyrics

Credits

Bunji Garlin accused of racist lyrics

Bunji's response

Let's ATTEMPT to clear the air here.....Again. I posted the correct lyric a few days ago so people can see but bad news travels faster than good but np we just have to learn as we go along. Again here I post the correct wording is "Their MINIONS come to crucify like they nailing Christ" NOT INDIANS. Some people got it mixed up but before jumping up too quick let's take our times and make sense as we proceed. Naturally if anyone was caught off with this lyric I humbly apologize but the race card is not in my deck. That is one issue that I am exempt from. One love to all and to those who will call these people haters please do not. They genuinely thought it was something else but fear none for it is not. God bless
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bunji Garlin accused of racist lyrics-bunji-racist.jpg  

Credits

Minions
    http://www.CaribKaraoke.com

Credits
    Much to make about nothing!
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    .....like i say trinidad have worst race relations than america

Credits
    So silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lappo View Post
    .....like i say trinidad have worst race relations than america
    Read a book because clearly you are ignorant of the experiences of those in the U.S and of the history. Maybe go watch Selma or something.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    So silly.

Read a book because clearly you are ignorant of the experiences of those in the U.S and of the history. Maybe go watch Selma or something.

lol i ignorant? as far as the facts show afro trinis in trinidad staying poor and oppressed as indians climb up the economic ladder. thats why they have to make black caucas in your island

Credits
    They accused Machel of insulting/disrespecting Tobagonians couple days ago also, people always find something to complaint about.
    Socapro likes this.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    They accused Machel of insulting/disrespecting Tobagonians couple days ago also, people always find something to complaint about.
    What did he say or thought he said?
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Campbell View Post
    "How allyuh standing up like f#$king gansters so, move and dance" something along those lines. Then he walked off stage, light came off gor a couple minutes. He then returned and perform for about 2 hours. He said he never used expletives tho.

Credits
    Machel hurls expletives at audience

Story Updated: Jan 19, 2015 at 9:02 AM ECT

Soca Spree 2015 an annual fete in Tobago, celebrated ten years last Friday, however there were some drawbacks, causing some patrons to leave the venue before the beach party ended.
    The beach fete held at the Pigeon Point Heritage Park, featured performances from some of the top artistes in the business.
    These included Destra Garcia with full band, Kerwin Du Bois, Famer Nappy (Darryl Henry), Fya Empress (Lornette Reid), Caston Cupid, Adana, Olatunji (Olatunji Yearwood), Patrice Roberts, Lyrikal (Devon Martin), Gerard Balfour, KaSpa De Lyrical (Nkem Kareem Scotland), and headline act Machel Montano and his band.
    While most of the patrons enjoyed the beach party which went into the early hours of Saturday morning, some were left with a bitter taste in their mouths, as Montano hurled expletives at those gathered. Montano urged some patrons in the general section to enjoy the show, but some of them were behaving “gangster”, standing up in the crowd and not dancing.
    “I will leave this stage eh, some of you behaving gangster. What happen to the Tobago crowd? F..., allyuh behaving like ah A...,” Montano said.
    While uttering more suggestive words, he then proceeded to turn his back to the crowd, leave the stage, and the lights were then turned off. Montano later returned to the stage and told the crowd he was giving them one more chance. Despite this, Montano sang his heart out for hours on stage, belting out his many hits over the years, and at one stage was accompanied by Project Runway winner Anya Ayoung Chee.
    When asked to comment on his behavior on stage during the fete, Montano seemed upset, and called on the media to focus on the positives of the show. He said he had performed for over two hours and the focus should be on that. Some VIP patrons were also not happy, as after paying $500 for a ticket, they were only afforded one drink. Patrons in this section were faced with long lines and bartenders who took a long time to fill orders.
    Contacted for comment on the matter, officials of BWV Entertainment, the show promoters, said Montano was contracted to perform for 90 minutes and he gave an electrifying two and a half hour performance. We contine to receive great reviews following the event.”
    On the issue of some VIP patrons being dissatisfied with their one drink, BWV officials said there was a difference between VIP All Inclusive and a VIP section.
    “VIP patrons were told via our Facebook page that they would be afforded a complimentary drink of their choice, parking inside the venue, security, corn soup and the ability to choose the VIP stands or platform.
    “We continue to provide quality entertainment,” officials stated.
    Machel does be ignorant where ever he go, dunno why some people thought this was just geared towards Tobagonians. some people was on social media saying he insulted/disrespected Tobagonians.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    Machel does be ignorant where ever he go, dunno why some people thought this was just geared towards Tobagonians. some people was on social media saying he insulted/disrespected Tobagonians.
    The VIP fiasco grabbed my attention. One "complimentary" drink...why is it considered complimentary when you paid $500???

They can never...EVVVVER catch me with that vip..vvip bullsh!t
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    The VIP fiasco grabbed my attention. One "complimentary" drink...why is it considered complimentary when you paid $500???

Yeah dais nonsense, after one drink yuh throat dry the rest of the night for $500? dais some bullshit.

Credits
    Race relations in Trinidad is no where near as bad as the US, especially when you compare their histories. But certain things are evident though but I am not discussing that, at least for now and definitely not in this thread.

Credits

Rawsole Rape-off!!!!

Aren't those things suppose to be included in the vip package? Like promoters trying to get that moolah, s
    frig de artists and de patrons.

Credits
    They shoulda stone him off the stage for getting on so blasted chupid! No wonder Bunji doh want tuh have nothing to do with him. Ah rell pr@ck!
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!