Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: THE KING OF MAINSTREAM SOCA, KEVIN LYTTLE, HAS SIGNED WiTH SONY-ULTRA

Credits

BREAKING NEWS: THE KING OF MAINSTREAM SOCA, KEVIN LYTTLE, HAS SIGNED WiTH SONY-ULTRA

The 'KING OF MAINSTREAM SOCA, KEVIN LYTTLE AND HIS LABEL, TARAKON RECORDS, HAVE SIGNED A MAJOR DEAL WITH SONY-ULTRA.

OHHHHH YEAHHHHH!!

STAY TUNE for the DETAILS.

VINCY ME SEY!!

YUHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEE

Credits
    No LOVE for the KING of MAINSTREAM SOCA and the MOST TALKED about ARTIST in the HISTORY of SOCA CHAT, Kevin Lyttle, on his SIGNING with with SONY-ULTRA??

Come on MEMBERS, where is the LOVE??

Credits
    His new release "Slow Wine" did not score big for T&T Carnival 2017 so I guess most folks are not too bothered.

We will wait and see if it takes off as an international hit with Sony's (who many believed killed Micheal Jackson) assistance.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    His new release "Slow Wine" did not score big for T&T Carnival 2017 so I guess most folks are not too bothered.

We will wait and see if it takes off as an international hit with Sony's (who many believed killed Micheal Jackson) assistance.
    Frankly, U R giving too much IMPORTANCE to the Trinidad CARNIVAL.

WE are LIVING now in the INFORMATION AGE, so the IMPORTANCE that you have PLACED ON TRINIDAD, as it RELATES TO A SONG being INTERNATIONALLY POPULAR, is an OUTDATED FALLACY.

I could even go RIGHT BACK to "TURN ME ON" in 2001 to PROVE the POINT.

We have heard this MANTRA about, after TMO was POPULAR at the 2002 Trinidad carnival, the SONG took off or became POPULAR worldwide.

This BELIEF is TOTALLY FALSE.

"TURN ME ON" was ALREADY POPULAR in the REGION, NEW YORK, CANADA AND even EUROPE before it even HIT the 2002 TRINIDAD CARNIVAL.

I know this because I have seen it being DISCUSSED in this VERY CHAT ROOM before the 2002 Trinidad carrival.

I know this because I was at CARIBANA in 2001 and saw it MASH UP DE PLACE.

I know this because I was there at the VINCY EVENT during the WEEKEND of LABOUR DAY 2001 when Kevin PERFORMED.

I know this because I was on EASTERN PARKWAY on LABOUR DAY 2001 to PARTAKE in the FESTIVITIES and so saw the REACTION of the CROWD when the SONG PLAYED MANY TIMES OVER. As a VINCY, A MOST PROUD MOMENT.
    I know this because I used to be a REGULAR at a CLUB called Caribbean City up until and the RESIDENT DEEJAYS, DJ. PAUL being one of THEM, used to PLAY that song EVERY WEEK before the 2002 Trinidad carnival.

I know this because it was a HIGHLY POPULAR DOWNLOAD on those FILE SHARING PROGRAMS all around the GLOBE. I downloaded it from one of those file sharing programs and used to give ACCESS to others to DOWNLOAD IT. And of course, I used to tell people who he is and where he is from.

I know this because it was PLAYING on WBLS with DAHVED LEVY, who several years later tried to DISRESPECT Kevin at a show at the SOUTH STREET SEAPORT sponsored by MTV (From that time forward, he hardly PLAYED VINCY MUSIC on WBLS)...that was the time that Rihanna was FIRST INTRODUCED to the WORLD...and HOT 97 with BOBBY KONDERS and JABBA.

I said all that to say this, the POPULARITY of TMO at the 2002 Trinidad carnival was just an EXTENSION of what had ALREADY TAKEN all over PLACE.

So in conclusion, even if "SLOW WINE" wasn't POPULAR in Trinidad, according to you, you are even PROVING and CEMENTING the POINT that when it comes to a SOCA GOING INTERNATIONAL, Trinidad is not of any SIGNIFICANT VALUE.

What is of VALUE in this the AGE OF the INTERNET, is if the song has CAUGHT ON in the GLOBAL MARKETS, thus LEADING to an INTERNATIONALLY KNOWN COMPANY LIKE a SONY-ULTRA FEELING QUITE CONFIDENT that the SONG can make IT in the MAINSTREAM MARKET with their BACKING.

That is the TRUE TEST of SOCA MUSIC from the TIME "TURN ME ON" TOOK the WORLD by STORM.

YUHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEEEE

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    "TURN ME ON" was ALREADY POPULAR in the REGION, NEW YORK, CANADA AND even EUROPE before it even HIT the 2002 TRINIDAD CARNIVAL.
    The fact is that "Turn Me On" only became a hit among ALL soca communities worldwide after the boost it got from Trinidad Carnival in early 2002 and not before and nothing you can say in your deluded mind can change that fact. I was in London as a soca DJ on radio in 2001 into 2002 and I know you are taking hogwash where Europe is concerned.

The soca boost formula for global soca hits among ALL soca communities after T&T Carnival is still just as valid today as it was back in 2002.

The reality is that most soca folks in most soca communities all over the world do not currently rate Kevin Lyttle's "Slow Wine" as a soca hit because it did not score for T&T Carnival 2017 and is not on most international soca dj's mix tapes as a result.

Hopefully Sony (which is suspected of getting rid of MJ because he tried to leave them and was taking most of his music catalogue which he owned with him) can do the magic for Kevin Lyttle to help make his latest single a mainstream soca hit.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!

Credits
    The fact is that "Turn Me On" only became a hit among ALL soca communities worldwide after the boost it got from Trinidad Carnival in early 2002 and not before and nothing you can say in your deluded mind can change that fact. I was in London as a soca DJ on radio in 2001 into 2002 and I know you are taking hogwash where Europe is concerned.

The soca boost formula for global soca hits among ALL soca communities after T&T Carnival is still just as valid today as it was back in 2002.

The reality is that most soca folks in most soca communities all over the world do not currently rate Kevin Lyttle's "Slow Wine" as a soca hit because it did not score for T&T Carnival 2017 and is not on most international soca dj's mix tapes as a result.

Hopefully Sony (which is suspected of getting rid of MJ because he tried to leave them and was taking most of his music catalogue which he owned with him) can do the magic for Kevin Lyttle to help make his latest single a mainstream soca hit.
    Did you READ what I just WROTE??

Let me PUT a DIFFERENT WAY.

Before the 2002 TRINIDAD CARNIVAL, TMO was ALREADY A MAJOR HIT.

It was a HIT at CARIBANA and it was a HIT on LABOUR DAY on the PARKWAY.

It was a HIT at the CLUBS AND it was a HIT on RADIO.

It was a HIT in the REGION and it was HIT FURTHER AFIELD.

It was a HIT ON FILE SHARING PROGRAMS ALL AROUND the GLOBE.

ALL ACHIEVED before it HIT CARNIVAL 2002.

YUHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Credits
    Did you READ what I just WROTE??

Let me PUT a DIFFERENT WAY.

Before the 2002 TRINIDAD CARNIVAL, TMO was ALREADY A MAJOR HIT.

It was a HIT at CARIBANA and it was a HIT on LABOUR DAY on the PARKWAY.

It was a HIT at the CLUBS AND it was a HIT on RADIO.

It was a HIT in the REGION and it was HIT FURTHER AFIELD.

It was a HIT ON FILE SHARING PROGRAMS ALL AROUND the GLOBE.

ALL ACHIEVED before it HIT CARNIVAL 2002.

YUHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEEEEE
    TMO was not a hit in Europe until AFTER Trinidad Carnival 2002, FACT! And in fact it did not became a proper hit in Europe until 2003 into 2004.

All the rest of stuff you typed is an exaggeration in your deluded mind which we have come to expect from you in regards to Kevin Lyttle.

Back to "Slow Wine" his current release and the reality is that it did not take off as a hit for T&T Carnival 2017 and as a result is not yet on mix tapes of most international soca DJ's around the world because of it.

Hopefully Sony can do the magic to make KL's new release into a global hit like TMO was because it sure did not impact in Trinidad for Carnival 2017 like TMO did back in 2002 for Trinidad Carnival.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    TMO was not a hit in Europe until AFTER Trinidad Carnival 2002, FACT! And in fact it did not became a proper hit in Europe until 2003 into 2004.

All the rest of stuff you typed is an exaggeration in your deluded mind which we have come to expect from you in regards to Kevin Lyttle.

Back to "Slow Wine" his current release and the reality is that it did not take off as a hit for T&T Carnival 2017 and as a result is not yet on mix tapes of most international soca DJ's around the world because of it.

Hopefully Sony can do the magic to make KL's new release into a global hit like TMO was because it sure did not impact in Trinidad for Carnival 2017 like TMO did back in 2002 for Trinidad Carnival.
    You can BITCH all you WANT and I will simply GIVE the MEMBERSHIP and OBSERVERS the FACTS.

Here is a THREAD from this VERY FORUM that was POSTED August of 2001.

BEST NEW TUNE

Here is a STATEMENT made about "TURN ME ON by someone who went to NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL in 2001.

FOR those who do not know, the NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL is HELD ANNUALLY in August.

In FACT, I will put the STATEMENT by the person and then PROVIDE the LINK.

"Soca on the other hand is ripping up the country, with previously unknown Kevin Lyttle (I heard Turn Me On at Notting Hill 2001) and Wayne Wonder burning up the charts."
    Uncategorized – Page 25 – My Blog

Continue in your DREAM WORLD of SPIN and I will just PROVIDE the RAW FACTS.

YUHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Credits
    You can BITCH all you WANT and I will simply GIVE the MEMBERSHIP and OBSERVERS the FACTS.

Here is a THREAD from this VERY FORUM that was POSTED August of 2001.

BEST NEW TUNE

Here is a STATEMENT made about "TURN ME ON by someone who went to NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL in 2001.

FOR those who do not know, the NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL is HELD ANNUALLY in August.

In FACT, I will put the STATEMENT by the person and then PROVIDE the LINK.

"Soca on the other hand is ripping up the country, with previously unknown Kevin Lyttle (I heard Turn Me On at Notting Hill 2001) and Wayne Wonder burning up the charts."
    Uncategorized – Page 25 – My Blog

Continue in your DREAM WORLD of SPIN and I will just PROVIDE the RAW FACTS.

YUHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEEEEE
    You are the king of deluding yourself.

Many new soca tunes are played at Notting Hill Carnival by soca dj's especially by those who may have visited certain islands Caribbean Carnivals during the year before August.

Because a few DJ's play a nice new soca tune during Notting Hill Carnival does not mean that it was already a big hit being played by most of the soca DJ's on the road and tearing up the clubs and charts in London.

I live in London and the majority of soca DJ's in London were not playing or familiar with KL's TMO until during 2002 Notting Hill Carnival after T&T Carnival earlier that year. And TMO did not become a mainstream club hit in London and Europe until 2003 into 2004.

I know because I DJed at Notting Carnival in both 2001 and 2002 as well as doing weekly soca shows on the radio and regularly playing in a number of London clubs during that period.

The hot uptempo hits for Notting Hill Carnival in 2001 were "Tay Lay Lay" by Xtatik, "Tremble It" by Destra, "Bounce Meh" by Traffik, "Jump" by Rupee, "Stranger" by Shadow and "Take Away" by Godfrey Dublin.
    The big groovy soca hits at Notting Hill Carnival in 2001 were "Sak Pase" by Krosfyah‎, "Hot & Groovy" by Militant, "Blame It" by Rupee, "Carnival Baby" by Square One and "Sexy Body" by Atlantik.

"Turn Me On" was not a major soca hit at the 2001 Nothing Hill Carnival and was not played by most of soca DJ's on the road until the 2002 Notting Hill Carnival. This is not to say it was not played by some soca DJ's who had it early in 2001 but it was only in 2002 that it became one of the big anthems at Notting Hill Carnival played by most of the DJ's on the road.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    You are the king of deluding yourself.

Many new soca tunes are played at Notting Hill Carnival by soca dj's especially by those who may have visited certain islands Caribbean Carnivals during the year before August.

Because a few DJ's play a nice new soca tune during Notting Hill Carnival does not mean that it was already a big hit being played by most of the soca DJ's on the road and tearing up the clubs and charts in London.

I live in London and the majority of soca DJ's in London were not playing or familiar with KL's TMO until during 2002 Notting Hill Carnival after T&T Carnival earlier that year. And TMO did not become a mainstream club hit in London and Europe until 2003 into 2004.

I know because I DJed at Notting Carnival in both 2001 and 2002 as well as doing weekly soca shows on the radio and regularly playing in a number of London clubs during that period.

The hot uptempo hits for Notting Hill Carnival in 2001 were "Tay Lay Lay" by Xtatik, "Tremble It" by Destra, "Bounce Meh" by Traffik, "Jump" by Rupee, "Stranger" by Shadow and "Take Away" by Godfrey Dublin.
    The big groovy soca hits at Notting Hill Carnival in 2001 were "Sak Pase" by Krosfyah‎, "Hot & Groovy" by Militant, "Blame It" by Rupee, "Carnival Baby" by Square One and "Sexy Body" by Atlantik.

"Turn Me On" was not a major soca hit at the 2001 Nothing Hill Carnival and was not played by most of soca DJ's on the road until the 2002 Notting Hill Carnival. This is not to say it was not played by some soca DJ's who had it early in 2001 but it was only in 2002 that it became one of the big anthems at Notting Hill Carnival played by most of the DJ's on the road.
    I do not GIVE A DAMN where you LIVE. U could live in TIMBUKTU for all I CARE.

The FACT is, you CANNOT REFUTE anything I have stated. I PROVIDED PROOF and you PROVIDED your WORTHLESS OPINION.

THE END.

School IS OUT.

YUHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEEEE

Credits
    I do not GIVE A DAMN where you LIVE. U could live in TIMBUKTU for all I CARE.

The FACT is, you CANNOT REFUTE anything I have stated. I PROVIDED PROOF and you PROVIDED your WORTHLESS OPINION.

THE END.

School IS OUT.

YUHHHHH SEEEEE MEEEEEE
    The only person you can school about what tunes were popular at Notting Hill Carnival is some other imaginary person in your deluded mind.

As I said a few people hearing a new tune soca at Notting Hill Carnival 2001 does not mean that it was a major hit played by most of the DJ's in 2001. I was there and was one of the DJ's on the road so I know what took place and which tunes were the most popular ones played by most of the DJ's in 2001.

TMO was not played by most of the soca DJ's at Notting Hill Carnival until the 2002 edition that is a fact. You can write in uppercase all you like to indicate that you are shouting and wish to be heard but it still does not change reality.

TMO only became a major soca hit at Notting Hill Carnival played by most of the soca DJ's who played on the road at the 2002 edition. I was there and I am remember which tunes were the popular ones.

Besides TMO two other tunes that was just as popular at Notting Hill Carnival in 2002 was "Biting Incex" by Ronnie McIntosh and "Trinidad" by Naya George.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits

Saltfish by Skinny Bantan was a hit for a full year before hitting trini carnival

Shell down had a full year before

Rolly poly... Ah Feelin...

even good morning by Peter Ram mash up Notting Hill a good 7 months before Trini.

Trying to understand your soca boost argument, especially considering many of these songs died out after Trini, albeit having had a massive run first.

A whole lot of hits in the global soca community tend to mash up based on their own carnival releases, infact its the hype from outside that allows these songs to get any recognition in Trini to begin with.

Credits
    Big up KL.....still holding it down with his two monster hits, one that went world wide......!

#keepbanginHotChicks

#yard

#still bangin

#Vincy

#spaggaBenz

#tonponit

#HomefortheCarnival

#EatAhFood

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyenegre Reloaded View Post
    Saltfish by Skinny Bantan was a hit for a full year before hitting trini carnival

even good morning by Peter Ram mash up Notting Hill a good 7 months before Trini.

Trying to understand your soca boost argument, especially considering many of these songs died out after Trini, albeit having had a massive run first.

A whole lot of hits in the global soca community tend to mash up based on their own carnival releases, infact its the hype from outside that allows these songs to get any recognition in Trini to begin with.
    I was arguing about what I observed in regards to TMO, it does not apply to all soca hits. Most soca tunes don't become mainstream hits like TMO did.

I simply pointed out to VP that TMO got major rotation by most soca DJ's at Notting Hill 2002 which was not the case in 2001 the year it was first released for Vincy Carnival.

I can't speak for other outside cities but most island soca hits that do well at T&T Carnival tend to get higher rotation at the Notting Hill Carnival later in the year than they would have gotten during the previous year's Notting Hill Carnival if they were released before August the previous year.

Also most island soca artists who were able to have hits in T&T say that their hit songs got a definite international boost as a result leading to way more worldwide bookings than they got prior to that point.
    This year Jamaican artist Linky First also testified to that fact. So unless you don't believe him or don't understand what he said you should understand what I am talking about in regards to a soca (hit) boost from T&T Carnival.

And yes Trinidad would not pay much attention to an island soca song in the first place unless it was a massive hit for that island Carnival. An island soca track doing well at Miami Carnival also seems to give it the seal of approval for being a hit for the upcoming T&T Carnival.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyenegre Reloaded View Post

SOCA AMATEUR is IN DREAMLAND.

The POOR FELLA would see EVIDENCE that DEBUNKS his CLAIM, but he will still HOLD ON to his USELESS OPINION for DEAR LIFE.

The FOOL LITERALLY BELIEVES a song has to get the OK from Trinidad before it becomes a HIT anyplace else. n SMH

POOR FELLA!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast