Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Brace | Bunji Garlin | EDM/SOCA

Credits
    Oh yeah...

Don't like it, seems all over the place. Sounds like they tried to record a song over another song, like they forgot to change the tape/cd or whatever.
    jason23 likes this.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Campbell View Post
    This is the natural progression of things. The danger in this, is that soca is not ESTABLISHED outside the region. It hasn't had time to stand on its own and or become known to foreign ears. What could potentially happen is the thing morphing into Euro dance music.

If artiste continue down this road, you may end up hearing Daft Punk, David Guetta and Afro Jack on carnival Monday & Tuesday...in stead of Bunji, Machel, SkinnyFab, Destra, etc.
    Agreed, but they did put it out there as EDM/SOCA! I can say that we are already there! Don't you think so?
    santiwah@icloud.com

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    my dude you'll could douse yourself in delusion all you'll want, this is not a fusion of soca and EDM. I love soca and could appreciate EDM, this shit and alot of the shit bunji and fayann are doing is straight EDM.

How you hell you calling this soca when you can barely identify and trace of soca in the song?
    Your are a very head strong and opinionated individual. You don't like it and that is OK but you are totally out of place to make a state what an artist should or should not do...

Just don't listen to it... I have a good feeling that this song will do well... we will see it is still early!
    santiwah@icloud.com

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiwah View Post
    Your are a very head strong and opinionated individual. You don't like it and that is OK but you are totally out of place to make a state what an artist should or should not do...

Just don't listen to it... I have a good feeling that this song will do well... we will see it is still early!
    i don't recall taking such a position but ok

Credits
    Agreed, but they did put it out there as EDM/SOCA! I can say that we are already there! Don't you think so?

No I do not. Bunji outside hit is Differenology, now he jump to this...which if we are honest with ourselves, this is not soca. Why try and fool the masses by calling it EDM/soca??? Clearly the soca element is greatly overshadowed if not nonexistent.

I'm not trying to tell him or any other artiste what to do. Just as me being a photographer, I would hate for someone to dictate my creative process. But if the goal is to push soca, then to me...this is not the way.
    Lappo likes this.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Pay attention people.... the original Soca Beat/music style has changed some time now... take off the music blinders and free up yourselves from all of this tunnel vision thinking!

now you see what you said there? is where we will have disagreements...eg: look at reggae in its purest form..which through out the years has never lost its essence just its singers of quality

also look at Calypso *mother of all music* at its purest form. and to this day still has it's essence~
    now tell me.when you listen to a soca song from the older heads you have that essence and link between Calypso and Soca branching together.....

now when you have this shit EDM/ or ABC or whatever you want to call it and you attaching the brand soca to it.. your losing your identity~ people always say open your mind and embrace cultures and new t hings yet in embracing you lose your self and what makes you unique and what makes you stand out....and n the end people just gonna pass you by an say meh that was for a while......<<< that my friend is what you calling for people 2 do with soca and i for one will not stand for the shit they doing just 2be famous an make money!!

cause when u continue down this path an we ha all kinda singers coming and dabbling in what is really soca and then start 2 make new music an call it soca .. then you just lose your self and your identity and what makes u different........

PS: Thank The lord KMC Come back in the soca scene .. now that is what u call soca an not them shit people singing and sayin is ah hybred ah soca....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jason23 View Post

now you see what you said there? is where we will have disagreements...eg: look at reggae in its purest form..which through out the years has never lost its essence just its singers of quality

also look at Calypso *mother of all music* at its purest form. and to this day still has it's essence~
    now tell me.when you listen to a soca song from the older heads you have that essence and link between Calypso and Soca branching together.....

now when you have this shit EDM/ or ABC or whatever you want to call it and you attaching the brand soca to it.. your losing your identity~ people always say open your mind and embrace cultures and new t hings yet in embracing you lose your self and what makes you unique and what makes you stand out....and n the end people just gonna pass you by an say meh that was for a while......<<< that my friend is what you calling for people 2 do with soca and i for one will not stand for the shit they doing just 2be famous an make money!!

cause when u continue down this path an we ha all kinda singers coming and dabbling in what is really soca and then start 2 make new music an call it soca .. then you just lose your self and your identity and what makes u different........

PS: Thank The lord KMC Come back in the soca scene .. now that is what u call soca an not them shit people singing and sayin is ah hybred ah soca....
    I understand that this thread is all about soca music and promoting soca... that is an ideal situation... however, no artist has to constrain themselves and produce pure soca... to each his own.

I appreciate all music styles and if it is EDM Soca and the Soca element is overshadowed (and I like the music)... so be it!

I will continue to promote the music... and I like BRACE done by iM4RIO and Bunji... it is one of my favorite tracks when I go to the gym!
    santiwah@icloud.com

Credits
    Its rare to like every song that an artist makes. While it is for our enjoyment this is their job. Just like our jobs or relationship sometimes we have to do things that makes others happy. Its just music just skip over the songs you don't like, like the rest of us, lol.💋
    Bless

www.allaboutnya. com
    Instagram: fiya360
    Santiwah and Socapro like this.

Credits
    This DISCUSSING is AMUSING for MANY REASONS.

Credits
    Just leave it along VP!
    santiwah@icloud.com

Credits
    Bunji confuses me these days with his lyrics. Dont think he was going for a song to be taken seriously on this one but DON'T like this what so ever lyrically but the ESM as I like to call it is good stuff!

Credits
    Boy, I dunno what Bunji doing them times, like he really trying to impress the EDM God.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12