Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boycott Lifted Officially

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackRock
    ok...i can see all ah dem nights ketchin kevin little droppings making tings hard fah you to slip at de tongue but doan get tie up... you making yourself a high ranking candidate to be de benifactor of a feces deposit yuh sensless degenerate
    She set she self up for dat all her post say crap over....Kevin doing good fuh soca music so are all the artiste who sing soca music...

humblewiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajan~Trini~Mix
    dem still mash up tings cuz now songs comin out too late. steuuuuuuuuups. stupid bastards!
    Not necessarily. Some artists actually prefer to release songs later anyways, so that their song isn't stale by the time Kadooment comes around. I think it'll still be hotter than ever, even with the late release of the music.

Credits
    The only thing that may be even closely affected is how people view the artists for the boycott. I don't tink that the festival being cancelled was ever going to be an issue (squeaky wheel makes the most noise)!

Interms of release? Don't matter, everything will catch up. Years ago people used to release music in July and de festival was still lickin'.

We released some new music in Barbados 24th May and have been enjoying the airplay since then, and honestly we got a new one coming out next week so we'll see!

Credits
    After reading all this long talk I forgot what I wanted to say.
    "Give me the wine wine of of your life life make sure its right cause its carnival time time"

LSK
    Credits
    What were the concessions though? Anyone know?

Credits
    Some Piracy Progress Made - Sunday 13, June-2004
    by Ricky Jordan
    THERE’s been less piracy on The City streets, a video pirate is being prosecuted, and a Government advisory committee on intellectual property has been set up since the Concerned Entertainers’ Group (CEG) started lobbying in February.

These will be among the “positives” discussed when that group meets tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. at Olympus Café, and may influence producers to either release, or continue to withold music for Crop-Over 2004.

John Edwards, owner of the Power Station and a member of the group, told the SUNDAY SUN yesterday that in the last five months there had been a marked reduction in the sale of pirated CDs in Bridgetown and a corresponding hike in the record retail business.

“We have seen a definite reduction in piracy in terms of people having product displayed on the streets. It’s certainly not as prevalent as last year, especially in locations where the pirated CDs used to be sold, such as Middle and Swan streets and Bolton Lane,” he said, noting the police had been “moving along” the few pirates found.

“This has resulted in an increase in the legal retail trade,” he added. “A significant difference has been seen . . . the process of change has started.”

As far as video piracy – also covered under the CEG – is concerned, Phil Harden of Olympus Cinemas, confirmed the recent arrest and prosecution of a man who pleaded guilty and is scheduled to be sentenced Wednesday, after being nabbed with pirated videos in Bridgetown.

“Since I’ve been involved in the industry here in the last four years, this is the first time I’ve heard of an arrest for video piracy.

“This is a landmark case and the concerned group should be encouraged, in that action is being taken in relation to copyright infringement,” said Harden.

Meanwhile, Caribbean Related Rights Association, (formerly BAMCI) executive, Patrick P-Oui Estwick, yesterday confirmed the formation of a Government advisory committee to address a wide range of intellectual property issues.

Formed last week, the committee which falls under the Ministry of Industry and International Trade, will oversee computer software, library and archiving material, agricultural products and music, among other matters.

Estwick and a representative of the Copyright Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers represent the music element on that committee, chaired by Rosalind Smith-Millar.

These “gains” follow the long-awaited meeting between Government and the Concerned Group last Thursday, after the intervention of the Congress of Trade Unions and Staff Associations of Barbados.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by pebblesjt
    After reading all this long talk I forgot what I wanted to say.
    You know?

Credits

Thumbs up Boycott Lifted

Just come and enjoy the festival as you know the saying -It sweet sweet sweet , sweet fah days.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Good to see everything is back on track.

Rummy, I can't help but think your voice, as well as others who spoke spoke out in support of the artists had a play. :)
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinibaje
    cropover music will start hitting on monday...

u know that was gonna happen..de govt got too much invested and expecting nuff money from cropover to such a boycotts pass wid out doing something bout it
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

Queen GodIs

Credits

steups

about time more tune new tune...bap, bap bap,

poor man with the video piracy ting probally was a kung fu flick

Credits

Calypso tents start this weekend

Calypso tents start this weekend
    Web Posted - Wed Jun 16 2004
    By David Hinkson
    The Crop Over Cavalcades have come to an end, but the calypso season should begin in earnest this weekend when the first calypso tent opens its doors on Sunday evening.

Manager of the Tornadoes Calypso Tent, Harvey “Pop” Daniel, said his tent would open on June 20 at the Environmental Special Projects Unit in Welchman Hall, St. Thomas. This year the Tornadoes will feature 2003 semi-finalists PJ and Longfellow, Barbados Workers Union

calypso king Speedmaster, former Contenders members Big Merv, Scottie and Tiger, as well as Tiler, Sus, Lady Spice, Fuzzy and newcomer De Rock. Veteran performers Pompey, Termite and Grynner are expected to make guest appearances as well.

At least two tents will be coming with unique concepts when they open next week. The Calypso Dome, which opens on Thursday, June 24, at Material Things in Worthing, will feature an all-female cast. Manager of the tent, Merle Niles, said the tent was aimed at developing young female calypsonians and musicians. The line-up for that tent includes Junior Monarch contestants Kya, Traya and Tiffany G, as well as former Junior Monarch contestants Jamie DePeiza (Jade) and Marsha Whittaker (Delight). The tent will also feature Crystal, D’Antidote, Tonia, Lady Contessa and Lady J. The backing band, Black Gold, is also all-female as are the MCs for the tent.

Manager of House of Soca, Joseph “Invader No. 3” Hughes, said the tent would attempt to widen its demographics this year by introducing the concept of “Kaiso Cuisine”, where patrons would be able to enjoy a sumptuous buffet along with a calypso show. The tent gets started on June 27 at the Dining Club at Manor Lodge, Green Hill, and its cast includes Serenader, Termite, Madame Do So, Keisha Christian, Keisha Holdipp, Shawnee, Jah Stone, P-Oui, Big Davy, Mr. Impact, Akola, Stalker, De Hawk, Inches and Archie Miller.

‘The only thing we fear is fear itself’ is the theme the Kingdom of the Super Gladiators will be bringing to the Crop Over season in its 16th year of operation. The tent gets under way on June 25 at the Combermere School Hall and features Legend, Unknown, 2003 Richard Stoute Teen Talent winner Ken Clarke, Dre, De Villain, Misty, Popsicle, Chief Jacob (a.k.a. Herring), Mackie, Jacko, Lady Isha and Jewel. The Hit Parade Tent starts June 25 at Shades of Black nightclub on Roebuck Street and its cast includes Black Pawn, Julie, Smokey Burke, 2003 Police Calypso King John Doe, Bongo, Stephanie Chase and Grynner.

Bacchanal Time manager Peter Boyce said that tent was looking to get started next weekend, but some details were still being finalised. Contenders Tent will not be in operation this year, and representatives from All Stars, Headliners, Stray Cats and Ryvallers could not be reached for comment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123