Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Blaxx say Fcuk Machel for Saying Jamaica Carnival is better.

Credits

Blaxx say Fcuk Machel for Saying Jamaica Carnival is better.

BLAXX CUSSING MACHEL MONTANO

Credits
    Blaxx explaining why the Childish /or Patriot outburst ....

Credits
    So what is your take on this ?

First off, Blaxx is out of order !

Next, that is Machel's opinions,

Why not just ask Machel, okay, why you feel this way ?

Maybe Machel like the Vibes better , the beaches, the food, the crimeless soca events, affordable prices for fetes , etc

Just ask the man !

Blaxx is like these Bias Jamaicans i know, someone can always better your best !

It seems that Blaxx is not the sharpest tool in the shed to realize that for Years, from 2003, i am seeing Destra in Jamaica, min 2 shows per year, and guess what, they paying her 2X, 3X more than other Soca events in Trinidad, Pull up some of my past posts, lol, Destra said Jamaica is her favorite Island & place to perform...ok, so is she lying, or just looking out for her bottomline of being called up again next year, IDK .....so it is commonsense, artists will say & do whatever they have to say or do to get booked next year for more money !

What if it is better.......who is to say it is not ?

Just some b.s. patriotic outburst without no merits.....Machel on some olde talk, leave it at that.

Since, he feel so strong about " Defending Soca & " We Ting " ( like fcuk all the other Islands, this is wi ting ) then, as a Promoter, i would say, I concur with you Patriotic Stands.....now stay your ass in T&T and defend that.....man just screwed himself out of Major bookings for false pride( well, not to him).

Credits
    I feel I will pelt Machel Next fete I in, I respect Blaxx for defending Wi ting !

Credits
    That kinda carnival is not indigenous to Jamaica... Jamaica's carnival died out years ago. Bacchanal is Eastern Caribbean (French influenced ones) not Jamaican. Of course it isn't going to be as good or authentic as Trinidad's or Grenada's... Pfft.

Credits
    I dont know why its acceptable for Jamaica to copy trinidad culture yet when its trinidad copying Jamaican culture they bash us
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Just watched the video and I do agree with Blaxx tbh

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Carib2 View Post
    Just watched the video and I do agree with Blaxx tbh
    Lol, maybe you can convey to me what you agree with, spoke with three Trinis in person, and none can explain what they agree with, so you a non Trini, and I assume non emotional, what is your take ?

All they on is an emotional rant, so can you expound why and what you agree with him on... ?

Btw, regarding your previous comments, you do realize like most islands that had slaves that Jamaica , documented back in 1770s celebrated Junkanoo too like Bahamas......you do realize that right ?

So it is at best laughable to claim most of these islands one way or another didn't partake in some form of carnival one way or the other......

Re the current format, which was Xerox from the other islands, mainly Trinidad back in the early 1940s when UWI open up......and the eastern Caribbean students started the fetes, then the UWI carnival that up to this year is still held on the campus grounds before the Official Jamaica carnival, then with with help of Trini mas organizers, etc help Byron Lee who is a lover of Soca to bring that current format to Jamaica in 1989, then it went official in the early 90s......hopefully you have now a better timeline of this !

You claim JA carnival is not as good as Trini & Grenada, I challenge you on that.......please post your reviews or when you attended, what years , etc

I want to make sure you not one of these dotish emotional ppl that like to talk and make baseless statements without any sort of proof what so ever......thx.

Back to Blaxx,

What we know so far. Machel in a fete, backstage with at best let's say 7 artists, Machel claim JA Carnival is the best......then he claim he was on stage when it was said....so at best let's also assume 500 Yardies heard that statement.......laughable at best, because it was a month later, no one posted it , etc

Now Blaxx claim he is defending Panorama, Soca Monarch, etc. . So, i am assuming by that punk ass statement, he is assuming that Machel is saying, dont come to Trinidad carnival, go to Jamaica Carnival......mind you, one is in February, the other in April, so i dont see what to defend..

Another thing these emotional ppl are missing.....this is the deal here imo, Blaxx was charge up, per him, he had 2 Johnnie, promoter said to him, Blaxx , i know i said you getting 2k, but all the ppl went to Machel show....so i have to cut back your money, we didnt pull the crowd what we ecpected, now Blaxx get on stage, realize the P Diddy of the Ting, the culture, Double M in a fete competing with them....have the crowd...hence the outburst, f Machel......

Okay, so please explain in a non emotional way, what you agree with Blaxx on.....
    Thanks in advance, waiting for a rational thinking person to explain ....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Lol, maybe you can convey to me what you agree with, spoke with three Trinis in person, and none can explain what they agree with, so you a non Trini, and I assume non emotional, what is your take ?

All they on is an emotional rant, so can you expound why and what you agree with him on... ?

Btw, regarding your previous comments, you do realize like most islands that had slaves that Jamaica , documented back in 1770s celebrated Junkanoo too like Bahamas......you do realize that right ?

So it is at best laughable to claim most of these islands one way or another didn't partake in some form of carnival one way or the other......

Re the current format, which was Xerox from the other islands, mainly Trinidad back in the early 1940s when UWI open up......and the eastern Caribbean students started the fetes, then the UWI carnival that up to this year is still held on the campus grounds before the Official Jamaica carnival, then with with help of Trini mas organizers, etc help Byron Lee who is a lover of Soca to bring that current format to Jamaica in 1989, then it went official in the early 90s......hopefully you have now a better timeline of this !

You claim JA carnival is not as good as Trini & Grenada, I challenge you on that.......please post your reviews or when you attended, what years , etc

I want to make sure you not one of these dotish emotional ppl that like to talk and make baseless statements without any sort of proof what so ever......thx.

Back to Blaxx,

What we know so far. Machel in a fete, backstage with at best let's say 7 artists, Machel claim JA Carnival is the best......then he claim he was on stage when it was said....so at best let's also assume 500 Yardies heard that statement.......laughable at best, because it was a month later, no one posted it , etc

Now Blaxx claim he is defending Panorama, Soca Monarch, etc. . So, i am assuming by that punk ass statement, he is assuming that Machel is saying, dont come to Trinidad carnival, go to Jamaica Carnival......mind you, one is in February, the other in April, so i dont see what to defend..

Another thing these emotional ppl are missing.....this is the deal here imo, Blaxx was charge up, per him, he had 2 Johnnie, promoter said to him, Blaxx , i know i said you getting 2k, but all the ppl went to Machel show....so i have to cut back your money, we didnt pull the crowd what we ecpected, now Blaxx get on stage, realize the P Diddy of the Ting, the culture, Double M in a fete competing with them....have the crowd...hence the outburst, f Machel......

Okay, so please explain in a non emotional way, what you agree with Blaxx on.....
    Thanks in advance, waiting for a rational thinking person to explain ....

You need to understand what is being said, what blaxx is saying is correct and had a right to defend the culture and the original.he was no way emotional and in no way out of timing. Machel on the other hand is not as he make himself out to be, thinking and acting in ways he thinks only he can get away with.Trinidad Carnival will always be bigger than Machel Montano.the thing with machel is that he is a selfish selllout out only for his gains and his ego, to say jamaica carnival is better than trinidad own is to say F Trinidad my alliance is Jamaica and i will say it to jamaica with no remorse or apology. when is the same trinis who have machel where he is now,when machel in 98 or 99 said F trinidad and left on his alantic deal. we survived and thrived and grew without machel to the point it made him angry. Machel is never about Unity and muisc.he is about trying to make himself some bob marley for soca when he will never be.he has done more harm to soca dan good.he never changed soca just destroyed it more dan it already is.him pandering to the Jamaicans saying allyuh better is like him trying to destory trinidad culture and telling everyone dont come to the original but come to jamaica.

second on Jamaica being better than trinidad in carnival,please stop dreaming. Jamaica carnival is alright but can never be like Trinidad and its Culture when come to the carnival it self. many aspects of what makes carnival carnival are rooted in Trinidad culture. mas d gra ,panorama,calypos fiesta etc etc
    Jamaicans infusing dancehall in to carnival is one of the most awkward and disingenius thing i ever saw and trinidadians like bunji and machel an others playing to that tune means its all a lickbuttom scene. its like the jamaicans complaining and arguing about soca during carnival season. you all have dancehall played 300 days a year in most caribbean island with out outcrys, yet when it a play in jamaica you all complain and argue about no support dancehall no support we own culture in jamaica ,oh how trinidadian culture coming to take over Jamaica and we will not support it etc etc. its always ok for a Jamaican for stand for his own but when a Trinidadian icon like blaxx speaks what Trinis will say to machel, trinis need to stop being emotional???? come on socapineman, i bet you if a Jamaican come Trinidad and say how Soca Mornarch better than Sting or reggae summer splash. he will get crucified and lose his main base which is the jamaican market. or better trinidadian dancehall better than jamaica own...never will they say that, they will quicker say trinidad is my second home and me love it hear rather dan say anything that will piss of there Jamaican people! so again socapineman ease of blaxx ,let the man defend his culture and country as its his rights. oh by the way Grenada carnival cant be compared with trinidad carnival either. thats like small pebble next to big boulders or big stones

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jason23 View Post
    You need to understand what is being said, what blaxx is saying is correct and had a right to defend the culture and the original.he was no way emotional and in no way out of timing. Machel on the other hand is not as he make himself out to be, thinking and acting in ways he thinks only he can get away with.Trinidad Carnival will always be bigger than Machel Montano.the thing with machel is that he is a selfish selllout out only for his gains and his ego, to say jamaica carnival is better than trinidad own is to say F Trinidad my alliance is Jamaica and i will say it to jamaica with no remorse or apology. when is the same trinis who have machel where he is now,when machel in 98 or 99 said F trinidad and left on his alantic deal. we survived and thrived and grew without machel to the point it made him angry. Machel is never about Unity and muisc.he is about trying to make himself some bob marley for soca when he will never be.he has done more harm to soca dan good.he never changed soca just destroyed it more dan it already is.him pandering to the Jamaicans saying allyuh better is like him trying to destory trinidad culture and telling everyone dont come to the original but come to jamaica.

second on Jamaica being better than trinidad in carnival,please stop dreaming. Jamaica carnival is alright but can never be like Trinidad and its Culture when come to the carnival it self. many aspects of what makes carnival carnival are rooted in Trinidad culture. mas d gra ,panorama,calypos fiesta etc etc
    Jamaicans infusing dancehall in to carnival is one of the most awkward and disingenius thing i ever saw and trinidadians like bunji and machel an others playing to that tune means its all a lickbuttom scene. its like the jamaicans complaining and arguing about soca during carnival season. you all have dancehall played 300 days a year in most caribbean island with out outcrys, yet when it a play in jamaica you all complain and argue about no support dancehall no support we own culture in jamaica ,oh how trinidadian culture coming to take over Jamaica and we will not support it etc etc. its always ok for a Jamaican for stand for his own but when a Trinidadian icon like blaxx speaks what Trinis will say to machel, trinis need to stop being emotional???? come on socapineman, i bet you if a Jamaican come Trinidad and say how Soca Mornarch better than Sting or reggae summer splash. he will get crucified and lose his main base which is the jamaican market. or better trinidadian dancehall better than jamaica own...never will they say that, they will quicker say trinidad is my second home and me love it hear rather dan say anything that will piss of there Jamaican people! so again socapineman ease of blaxx ,let the man defend his culture and country as its his rights. oh by the way Grenada carnival cant be compared with trinidad carnival either. thats like small pebble next to big boulders or big stones
    Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to explain it from your point of view.

Ok, here goes my rebuttal, wow, you must know a lot of ppl with shallow view points, i dont just openly agree that other islands can't do Reggae or Dancehall better.....mjust because i was born there, and i get it , my view would be the minority!

I am of the belief that anyone can better your best!

Where i have a problem with debates like these is when the originators don't get their due credit like it started here, by xyz.

Re Blaxx, i hear you, trust me.
    Would i be offended if Beenie stood on stage in the oval and claim Trini DH, Reggae is better, i would have no issue with that as there is a God above, now , that is his opinion, i am not shallow to think others cant do it better!

Look at Lucky Dube, and others.

Imo, only simpleton defend from a patriotic point of view unless they dissin where it started and by who.
    jason23 likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to explain it from your point of view.

Ok, here goes my rebuttal, wow, you must know a lot of ppl with shallow view points, i dont just openly agree that other islands can't do Reggae or Dancehall better.....mjust because i was born there, and i get it , my view would be the minority!

I am of the belief that anyone can better your best!

Where i have a problem with debates like these is when the originators don't get their due credit like it started here, by xyz.

Re Blaxx, i hear you, trust me.
    Would i be offended if Beenie stood on stage in the oval and claim Trini DH, Reggae is better, i would have no issue with that as there is a God above, now , that is his opinion, i am not shallow to think others cant do it better!

Look at Lucky Dube, and others.

Imo, only simpleton defend from a patriotic point of view unless they dissin where it started and by who.

now i fully agree on everything you said.but also you have to remember carnival is a business and when one of the big artist jeprodize your main business its harmful to that said business! i agree everyone should share in the spoils while respecting the originators! but also bear in mind money is made from said business such as Trinidad carnival tourism and marketability! and this same issues goes to bunji garlin also
    socapineman likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jason23 View Post
    now i fully agree on everything you said.but also you have to remember carnival is a business and when one of the big artist jeprodize your main business its harmful to that said business! i agree everyone should share in the spoils while respecting the originators! but also bear in mind money is made from said business such as Trinidad carnival tourism and marketability! and this same issues goes to bunji garlin also
    Sorry man, didnt get to finsh off, because you made a lot of great points that i will addr later, btw, i was saying i wouldnt be offended if Beenie said that.....then again, i get it, you do what the Romans do in Rome....will addr the remainder later.

Credits
    Jason,

You do know all artists for years been been saying all sort of BS to cater to their audience and to promoters to get work again......so are we now going to take them all serious vs saying they working the system ?

Forgive me, call me naive , but I don't see how a comment by Machel, heard by best an handful of artists, feters going to make ppl stop going to Trinidad, IMO sensitive at best, and I get the culture part of your argument, I just don't see it here.....!!!

Re your take on Machel, well, idk all the details, I am an outsider looking in.

From my perspective as a soca lover, feter, Carnival explorer from Uk back down to Bahia, outside of Bahia, I saw Machel at his best in Toronto, DC, NYC, UK, Miami.....with the best show IMO in DC, the last year they had that mud thing, I think 2010, but I can tell you, I have seen no other artists, Or Groups out of Trinidad that " Bring It " and rep the ppl of T&T and their culture better.......so if you know of someone that is even close, please let me know , I am willing to hear that debate !

What I did hear from Blaxx is sour grapes, meaning that him and Machel on two diff show, the majority of ppl showed up to Machel show.....Blaxx I am certain got his money cut, that is the real issue there....I saw no one dissin Trinidad culture, I just saw Machel on some olde talk"....

If I can clarify something for you, don't know if you every been to Jamaica, but they have some polished Ppl, meaning, please please don't paint the picture or assume that everyone is into Dancehall or against Soca or Carnival or Trinidad !

Listen to that video below.....,

You do realize Carnival in Jamaica get a lot of support.....,you do realize that right or you don't know ?

You do realize that you have decent adults living in Jamaica don't care or signing off to profanity lace lyrics from most of these Dancehall artists....you do realize that. Right ?

Hence you can't assume anything, especially that ppl fighting down your culture with a very wide brush !

Btw, did you watch this video , he is the P Diddy of Reggae & Dancehall

I love this video, he said it best, this is one of if not the biggest producer in Jamaica telling you he went to Soca fetes in Jamaica and was shock to see the Top A Topps that I have been speaking about from day one...these are the Redbones, Brownins, etc.....now, you not going to make them out on Church Ave in Brooklyn because they don't fit your typical image of Jamaicans , these are the Yardies living good, fly out at will to Cayman, Miami, NYC, etc.....they ain't make videos or jumping off speaker boxes, life is good for them.....

So it is clear from your comments you don't know this side of Jamaicans and you know the common foul mouthed Worl Boss crowd that will convey to you that DH is the best, they not into soca, carnival, etc

So it speaks volume when the P Diddy of Yard telling you he has never seen this type of women in Jamaica much less in any of his events.......think about that statement for a second, listen to his truth ......so please please don't be like some of these bitter Trinis to think all Jamaicans against them or want to see their ting fail.....it is quite obvious from the success of these soca events supported by 95% Jamaicans( who attending these fetes in Jamaica) speak volume to the love of it and the support of an imported product.

Socapro likes this.

Credits
    i remember this skatta from a few years back where he ask to ban soca in jamaica.
    listening to him speak , it doh really say to me he supports soca or appreciates soca, but appreciates what soca events can do to promote his brand and reggae music summerfest etc
    he is still badmind to me, he dont speak from appreciation but intimidation to soca, second if the jamaican people dont support dancehall as he wants them to he cant force them to .
    its like we telling people n trinidad stop listening to dancehall. when they still will listen to dancehall cause thats what they like and identify with. its like this to me..if you want to promote reggae r dancehall don't do it in soca events or season cause to me it just seems like ripping of or just leeching of ah soca events..you have 300 days a year to do dat when dancehall ah only play in jamaica do it at that time not when soca season is in or around and that is what i look at as disrespect on skatta attempt. i have more to go off on skatta but ill leave it for tomorrow when i gather my thoughts on him.

now on jamaica, to me i have been following it for years and i kknow about the support that coporate and government gives to soca which is why i say jamaican people against it or the dancehall ghetto crowd.i support jamaica carnival, heck i even supported n still to this day listen to his music(linky first). heck when he came trinidad he got mad love and appreciation an respect when he came. well i wont go off on beenie man cause to me he is a caribbean man to me .not a jamaican, a west indian to me , when he the biggest artist in jamaica and dancehall at that time came in carnival an sang jump and wine and partake in carnival before jump and wine song ,when jamaicans was cursing him an calling him a battyman an he still said f u and became a fixture in our carnvial scene years gone by. he is respected by me. and i cud go on to byron lee and his influence etc etc.i have always loved and appreciated the unity between jamaica and trinidad sharing and expressing cultural unity. so trust me im not no bitter badmind trini

now to blaxx, the reason he said f machel is because the promoter was telling him how machel show take most of the supporter or patrons at borough day and blaxx said he was just like f machel. doh study machel , we come to enjoy we self why study machel. so it came of as him cursing machel off when he was just saying screw that issue why study that and just enjoy yuhslf.

now on who has represented trinidad as much as machel.well superblue before coke took him. heck david rudder , general grant etc
    ask any non machel fan why machel left trinidad. is only cause his deal didnt pan out he came crawling backto trinidad playing mister trini etc etc when he told us f us and left us for his alantic deal. ask any fan in trinidad : who kill of brass festival(a national carnival event where bands can show case there talent and songs etc), because they went over there time in brass festival and when told to come of stage , they got so enraged and pissed and ego kicked in so deh decided to create machel monday(my own event where i can put who i want and sing what i want). or when machel who was head of xtatic at that time and front singer decided to sue his bandmate wayne Rodriguez who sang foot steps and won road march. so instead of lettin his band mate get a shine he decided to state that he co wrote the song and wanted shine to and money at that time etc etc. dont be fooled by the new machel it have now .a wolf in sheep clothing to me.
    Socapro and socapineman like this.

Credits
    Jason,

Excellent observation on Skatta, we would call him a " Ras Ginnal " ( smartman ) , yep, well yes, he is still stating he is Badminded, lol, but, i respect a few things from him, clearly he is willing to learn the business model of how these promoters in JA make it work for them, and also, he is acknowledging that it is a safer environment, so we have to him hom some sort of props......but yeah, he is just trying to see how to build his brand, i dont have a problem with that as long as he aint dissin the ting.

This goes back to my larger point, Soca and Carnival get a lot of support from ppl there.

He also fail to acknowledge that them redbones , Brownins, etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast