Thread: Barbados' Junior Monarchs

Credits

Barbados' Junior Monarchs

Tiffany G, Sweetness reign www.nationnews.com
    Published on: 7/17/06.

IT WAS ALL ABOUT the Dream Team at the Scotiabank Junior Monarch Finals on Saturday night.

The team, which had five finalists in the competition, walked away from Dove Conference Centre with both the 8-12 and 13-18 titles.

Tiffany Tiffany G Goddard retained her 13-18 crown with a solid rendition of Wishes. Once again it was all about the last verse for this queen. The 18-year-old added the Best Rendition prize to her big win.

The Warrior's Shelley Babydoll Cummins copped second place and a prize for Best Performance with the popular Big Woman Song, ahead of Jana Sha Price, Chrishon Thandeka Eli, who also won Best Self-penned and the second Warrior Rico CoCo Gaskin.

It was third time lucky for 8-12 champion Kishee Mighty Sweetness Moore, who thrilled the audience with Stop De Discrimination. She also took the prize for Best HIV Song in the category.

A clear 12 points separated Mighty Sweetness from second-placed Gregerson Young G Abraham, who was awarded the prize for Best Rendition, who was followed by Aziza Lil Az Clarke, Alexandria New Dawn Goddard and Cheryse CLG Greenidge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Barbados' Junior Monarchs-junior-monarc.jpg  

Credits
    Maybe they will continue down the right path and dont get caught up with the shyte that going on now..

Credits
    any of u who watched the show on Saturday night....must have an assessment to contribute...once again to me although the judges decision is final certaim peolpe in the show was unfaired.. In the 8-12 category the little girl Mighy Sweetness with a song called Stop the Discrimination written by the Mighty Gabby talks about women infected with HIV, her winning was no problem to me however a little boy Young G some former calypsonian son came in second who da sound bad and didn't at all deserve to place second. Azizi 'lil Az' Clarke crowd favourite my favourite commentators favorite sang Wake Up Barbaods. From last yr i was mesmerised my this lil girl she had a voiceeeeeeeee out of this world stage presence lyrics diction everything! so what happen that she came in third and second last yr and third the yr before despite her evident professionalism? she is a rasta ant i am furious Lil Az if not queen should have place second in this comepetion...if any of u say the show i would like to hear ur response

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BajanSheriff
    Maybe they will continue down the right path and dont get caught up with the shyte that going on now..

they are quite a number of them who have moved on to the Big Legue...Khiomal was a Junior monarch once.....however some of them are caught up already.......
    (u really have to love the artform to stick wid commentary cause the money aint de same as the party tunes)

Congrats Tiffany G.......I know alot of people had Baby Doll to win.....but for me I thought it could have gone both ways......Tiffany has a very strong voice and I think singing in Headliners gave her that extra practice.......

As for the lil ones.......I thought Lil Az was going to win.......but as they say the judges decision is final......Sweetness was good too
    We going from Sun til Sun.......

Credits
    i thought baby doll had the stronger song and the better performance. tiffany g had better control of her voice and sang better. However babydoll made the stage hers and i would have given it to her.

Credits
    me too but