Thread: Where can I download music legally?

Credits

Where can I download music legally?

Hi

I'm looking to download music the legal way--no sharing or free downloads. I doh want no police to come fer meh. Does anyone know of a site where I can do that? I have a list of 2009/10 that I dying to put on my ipod so I need a place where I can find a variety. e.g. of what I'm looking for are Nikkisha (one dance), Machel (no behavior), Oscar B, Bunji Garlin, Macka Diamond etc. Your help is much appreciated.

Gladiator
    Machel and Bunji tunes will soon show on Trinidadtunes (check link below)..however most tunes eventually show on Lavamus (check link below)..However Lavamus has more soca music (also more from different Caribbean artists) BUT Trinidadtunes get the music featured days before Lavamus..
    Trinidadtunes..Home page of www.trinidadtunes.com....
    Lavamus Lavamus.com The best music mp3 download site: download music, remix mp3 or video of any artist from 200 000 available you can get most riddims on lavamus.

Credits
    Thanks so much for the info Lieutenant. I'm going there right now to check them out.

Credits
    Well Lieutenent, I went to the sites you suggested and I have to say I was a bit disappointed eh. Trinidadtunes.com doh have many downloads, and the latest music from Lavamus.com is 2006-8. Not many chunes either. I can buy CDs from Trinidadsource.com but I wanted downloads. It just isn't worth it these days to buy an album for 18.99 only to listen to 1 or 2 songs. But hey, I do appreciate your help.

I don't understand why it is we as Caribbean people so behind. Yuh have itunes where we can buy any music that come out the same day, why we cyan do dat wit our music? So much good soca and ting dat out there and I fine it difficult to buy. De music wasing and I cyan buy it. steupse man. I see torontolime have a huge playlist but no access to buy. das a shame eh.

Anyway, I jess wanted to blow out some steam wit canaval comin an all. Doh mine meh.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Tringyal View Post
    Well Lieutenent, I went to the sites you suggested and I have to say I was a bit disappointed eh. Trinidadtunes.com doh have many downloads, and the latest music from Lavamus.com is 2006-8. Not many chunes either. I can buy CDs from Trinidadsource.com but I wanted downloads. It just isn't worth it these days to buy an album for 18.99 only to listen to 1 or 2 songs. But hey, I do appreciate your help.

I don't understand why it is we as Caribbean people so behind. Yuh have itunes where we can buy any music that come out the same day, why we cyan do dat wit our music? So much good soca and ting dat out there and I fine it difficult to buy. De music wasing and I cyan buy it. steupse man. I see torontolime have a huge playlist but no access to buy. das a shame eh.

Anyway, I jess wanted to blow out some steam wit canaval comin an all. Doh mine meh.
    I know when you can get any new hit free

Credits
    the only way is to BUY music like the others said trinidadtunes is proper

Gladiator

what downloads are you looking for..??..i will post legit sites where you can download it.

Credits
    Thanks Swallow for your response, but I doh mind buying it eh.

Lieutenent, look a list of some of the music I was looking for. I actually found some on Amazon (imagine that eh), and some at Trinidadsource. These below are hard to come by, perhaps because they're newer. But I am happy for the assistance. Imagine I just came back from T&T and canaval heatin up. But I didn't have time to buy music.

1. Ela cru & tizzy (in de carnival)
    2. Mr. Killa (water come)
    3. Macka diamond (Think you can handle it)
    4. Mr. vegas (soca malou)
    5. Mantius (Mewn anmem-a manman) Mweh aima’w mama
    6. TC brown (conay)
    7. Doneo (party hard)
    8. Nikkisha (one dance)
    9. Honorable ft selena (I got a feeling remix)
    10. Sizwe C (ride)
    11. Jalena (down de road)
    12. Rudy (Hold on)
    13. Machel (Bad behavior)
    14. Bunji Garlin (Plenty Gyal)

Gladiator
    Thanks Swallow for your response, but I doh mind buying it eh.

Lieutenent, look a list of some of the music I was looking for. I actually found some on Amazon (imagine that eh), and some at Trinidadsource. These below are hard to come by, perhaps because they're newer. But I am happy for the assistance. Imagine I just came back from T&T and canaval heatin up. But I didn't have time to buy music.

1. Ela cru & tizzy (in de carnival)
    2. Mr. Killa (water come)
    3. Macka diamond (Think you can handle it)
    4. Mr. vegas (soca malou)
    5. Mantius (Mewn anmem-a manman) Mweh aima’w mama
    6. TC brown (conay)
    7. Doneo (party hard)
    8. Nikkisha (one dance)
    9. Honorable ft selena (I got a feeling remix)
    10. Sizwe C (ride)
    11. Jalena (down de road)
    12. Rudy (Hold on)
    13. Machel (Bad behavior)
    14. Bunji Garlin (Plenty Gyal)

most of tunes will (if not already) appear on lavamus. I know for a fact that "Plenty Gal" is on lavamus (check again). In fact that whole Fix it up Riddim with Plenty gal is on Lavamus. No Behaviour by Machel will appear on Trinidadtunes soon.

Credits
    good link up on dem sites deh Lt
    One step at a time

Credits
    Just install some downloader programms and get music from youtube
    signature

Credits
    Hello! Now the truth is that you can't download music legally if you are going to do it for free. You can buy on every music service. So, I advise you t buy it because I am going to read more about the speakers for record player and maybe buy it. So, all the disadvantages will be really transparent

Credits
    By the way, you also can download all the songs or some music videos from Youtube if you want. There are lots of programs and sources for it but personally, I would like to recommend download youtube videos with this resource. They have some useful tools as well