View Poll Results: Which do you perfer, Serato or Traktor?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Serato

3 75.00%
  • Traktor

0 0%
  • Both

1 25.00%
  • Something Else

0 0%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spranga

Thread: Serato VS Traktor

Credits

Serato VS Traktor

Why is mainstream supporting Serato more than Traktor? They are both great for the Dj world though I do perfer one over the other, why not, especially in club settings have both?

Credits
    Ive been using serato for 3 years now and i love it to death. Serato have a reputation of being more reliable and stable than traktor...However traktor have way more features than serato and is also more popular in Europe than here in America. I for one rather stability over features.
    WHEN THE JAB JAB SOAKING SALT FISH
    DEH DOES SOAK IT GOOD!!

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by MahdFaces View Post
    Why is mainstream supporting Serato more than Traktor? They are both great for the Dj world though I do perfer one over the other, why not, especially in club settings have both?
    Because when it was time to stop carrying cases of cds and crates of records, DJs just wanted the most reliable AND simple alternative. The original SSL software had no gimmicks, effects, sp6, etc. Just straight mixing. Traktor offered 4 deck mixing, effects, and more bells and whistles than SSL... especially auto-sync which most mainstream and underground DJ's look down on till this day.

Of course now SSL has evolved today but still lacks auto sync which is a big plus. Even if they add it, which I doubt will happen, the foundation for simplicity has been laid for years now and those guys won't switch for no reason. Plus plenty small time DJs wanted to look like the Pros and went and got Serato. And it kept spreading.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    Because when it was time to stop carrying cases of cds and crates of records, DJs just wanted the most reliable AND simple alternative. The original SSL software had no gimmicks, effects, sp6, etc. Just straight mixing. Traktor offered 4 deck mixing, effects, and more bells and whistles than SSL... especially auto-sync which most mainstream and underground DJ's look down on till this day.

Of course now SSL has evolved today but still lacks auto sync which is a big plus. Even if they add it, which I doubt will happen, the foundation for simplicity has been laid for years now and those guys won't switch for no reason. Plus plenty small time DJs wanted to look like the Pros and went and got Serato. And it kept spreading.
    Ok now I feel that. But you don't have to use the auto-sync if yuh don't want to and doesn't that little insignificant perk just makes it easier and quicker to put your mix off on the fly. I've been using Traktor and loved it but I now have to start using serato if I going to play on other sets. And I now getting the hang of it too, it make me want to bring out my turn tables. Also it makes me feel like a newbie, I be watching youtube for tips and tricks. lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MANISHWATERS View Post
    Ive been using serato for 3 years now and i love it to death. Serato have a reputation of being more reliable and stable than traktor...However traktor have way more features than serato and is also more popular in Europe than here in America. I for one rather stability over features.
    But I see no issue with traktor, I never even had any problems using it. And I see alot of hardware that supports Tracktor. Like I use Denon and the deck I have supports Traktor, but I did find out later that Serato also supports it, but certain brands have either Tracktor or Serato branded on it. And I see more Traktor than Serato.

Credits
    But I guess I'm starting to feel what all other serato user are feeling. A funning thing happened to me about two years ago or maybe a little longer than that not sure, but before I started using any thing I have a Denon 2500, and my cousin from Trini and hear a mix I put down in de house and ask me what I was using, If I was using Serato and I look at him all confused like what's that!

Spranga
    Ok now I feel that. But you don't have to use the auto-sync if yuh don't want to and doesn't that little insignificant perk just makes it easier and quicker to put your mix off on the fly. I've been using Traktor and loved it but I now have to start using serato if I going to play on other sets. And I now getting the hang of it too, it make me want to bring out my turn tables. Also it makes me feel like a newbie, I be watching youtube for tips and tricks. lol
    Yeah a lot of DJs knock Traktor just because the auto-sync option is there. I'm not one of those ppl. I respect whatever you wanna use as long as ur actually doing DJ legwork and not pressing buttons. One thing I'll say about Traktor is historically, you can def get more creative w/ ur mixes which is a good thing for mixtapes. You can sort of remix on the fly w/ the 4 decks and several samplers. That really helps to put ur stamp on a mix. A lot of House/Pop guys love Traktor for that but Serato is quickly gaining ground on them because of ITCH controllers. All in all Traktor will always be beneath Serato in popularity but doesn't make it crap. Kinda like Pioneer>Denon

And yes, Youtube is very helpful 99% of the time

Credits
    Yeah a lot of DJs knock Traktor just because the auto-sync option is there. I'm not one of those ppl. I respect whatever you wanna use as long as ur actually doing DJ legwork and not pressing buttons. One thing I'll say about Traktor is historically, you can def get more creative w/ ur mixes which is a good thing for mixtapes. You can sort of remix on the fly w/ the 4 decks and several samplers. That really helps to put ur stamp on a mix. A lot of House/Pop guys love Traktor for that but Serato is quickly gaining ground on them because of ITCH controllers. All in all Traktor will always be beneath Serato in popularity but doesn't make it crap. Kinda like Pioneer>Denon

And yes, Youtube is very helpful 99% of the time
    Hey! Could you do meh ah solid and if yuh have time listen to a mix I have on soundcloud and tell meh wat yuh tink. I used Serato for this one. MahdFaces! Wukkin It by MahdFaces on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free. Thanks!

Spranga
    Hey! Could you do meh ah solid and if yuh have time listen to a mix I have on soundcloud and tell meh wat yuh tink. I used Serato for this one. MahdFaces! Wukkin It by MahdFaces on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free. Thanks!
    listened to half so far. mix nice man
    MahdFaces likes this.

Credits
    listened to half so far. mix nice man
    Hey! Spranga.Thanks! Tryin to improve meh self every day.