Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By agroDOLCE

Thread: Apple TV

Credits

Question Apple TV

Anyone ever used this, or know someone who has?

Hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action.

Spranga
    yes. i'm streaming music from my iphone to it now. good for a 2nd/bedroom tv. ps3 in living room. i'd recommend this or the roku

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    yes. i'm streaming music from my iphone to it now. good for a 2nd/bedroom tv. ps3 in living room. i'd recommend this or the roku
    any tips on using it?
    I see how it can be useful with an hd tv
    im not seeing whats so different or unique about any other features though

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by Collie4Nyah View Post
    any tips on using it?
    I see how it can be useful with an hd tv
    im not seeing whats so different or unique about any other features though
    ehh its prettry str8 forward. i only use it for netflix and airplay. the main thing is gettin content to ur tv. idk what u subscribe to but if ur getting one u must have something ur into. if u wanna try a bunch of stuff i'd say go roku. if netflix mainly u cant go wrong here. they all do the same thing these days but the shitty ones cause problems when they freeze, or updates make it worse etc. stay away from vizio and those cheap ones.

Credits
    197,292,866,388,999,999,818,295,870,602,935,687,472,364,398, 106,721,251,075,546,939,392
    I got one FREE ah few weeks ago . I am a big movie buff and I use it to watch movies

Credits

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    I got one FREE ah few weeks ago . I am a big movie buff and I use it to watch movies

how yuh get suh much freeness???

Credits
    197,292,866,388,999,999,818,295,870,602,935,687,472,364,398, 106,721,251,075,546,939,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Collie4Nyah View Post
    how yuh get suh much freeness???
    From filling out surveys or rewards from my third job

Credits
    Seen.

Credits
    my friend has it.. she uses it to stream stuff..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Anyone watch nba league pass on this....
    Thinking of subscribing

Credits
    I'm interested in the roku because I'm sick of Comcast and I already had fios. I'm debating on getting internet through AT&T so I can just be done with everything. Any suggestions on which roku to get?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    i have a roku. i got a cable to connect my macbook to my other tv but the guy at the store was like, "oh you can get apple tv." you think it's worth it to get apple tv rather than just the daggone cable to connect and watch tv? the problem i had w/ the cable though is that i'm not getting sound. so now i need to go and buy a sound cord b/c the one for my downstairs tv doesn't work on my upstairs tv. ugh

Quote Originally Posted by mz_JazE View Post
    I'm interested in the roku because I'm sick of Comcast and I already had fios. I'm debating on getting internet through AT&T so I can just be done with everything. Any suggestions on which roku to get?
    i have the $100 roku. i can't remember the model. the one that has HD and angry birds on it. i prob should've gotten the lower grade one though b/c i don't play angry birds. i cut my cable off in 2012 and i'm glad i did. now i just have the roku and an antenna. i'm not big into tv like that so i'm not suffering or anything. ppl talk about the craziness of the reality shows and i don't know what they're talking about (unless i go on the internet and watch an episode or two). i think there are a few reality tv shows on netflix though...maybe on hulu you can get the popular ones? idk. i like my setup though...antenna and roku
    mz_JazE likes this.

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    i have a roku. i got a cable to connect my macbook to my other tv but the guy at the store was like, "oh you can get apple tv." you think it's worth it to get apple tv rather than just the daggone cable to connect and watch tv? the problem i had w/ the cable though is that i'm not getting sound. so now i need to go and buy a sound cord b/c the one for my downstairs tv doesn't work on my upstairs tv. ugh
    If you plan on doing a lot of mac/iphone to tv. then yes apple tv is much more practical than using cords and a roku. In that case, I'd suggest selling the roku or giving it to someone you know. Although the roku has lots of nice apps, airplay+mac/iphone trumps it.

Credits
    Apple Tv is a digital media player and entertainment device. I only use it for Netflix and airplay. The main problem I was getting when I try to connect it on my router, Its always showing apple tv won't connect. Give some advice to fix this problem.