Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them

Credits

Thumbs up Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them

Well, make no mistake about it, The Parade on Eastern Parkway is the best in N.A., don’t let them fool you. Real Flags, Real Unity, endless Revelers, Women wining up on anything…men wining up on anything ( SMH), boy, some real shameless what they wining up on.……But this is we Thing !
    If it is pretty mas you looking to play, then, is not for you…anyway, this year was a surprise…I saw no Haitian trucks on the Parkway, not even one….. no idea what happened…unless they went first !

Anyway, the Band with the Best Vibes on the Parkway is a toss-up between Greenz ( Spice) and Borokeete Mas Band….each owned the parkway in their own unique way…..Spice hit a home run by capitalizing on the success of Kirani James, by far the best display of flags and unity….

Borokeete closed it out with a true display of unity and real vibes coming down the Parkway from start to finish, they turned on to the parkway with something to prove…and they did, Sesame Flyers had no answer for them, I guess DJ Spice( one of the handful of DJs I respect) had an off day, selections were weak !

Credits

Thumbs up Pics

Imported Photos 00519
    Last edited by socapineman; 09-05-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Credits

Thumbs up Pics

Imported Photos 00522

Imported Photos 00512

sharkie
    Yaaay, i always love your pics

Credits
    Mister, as usual, i love your pics also and vibes, boy, trust me , you an exceptions to them yardes, Yeah, Sesame Flyers sticking for real son, I was jumping up with some band name new horizoning, Nice vibes, so I can't comment, excepct on Sesame, but NH, i was riding everything insight. I had alot of fun.

Credits
    I didn't see the Borokete truck but the spice truck definitely had the best vibes from what i saw.

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by -darren- View Post
    I didn't see the Borokete truck but the spice truck definitely had the best vibes from what i saw.
    [QUOTE=- There truck-borokette was the last one on the road , its right before the Bajan truck ....the Grenadian truck was very nice (spice mas revelers) I saw tallpree performing on the truck with his white tshirt on ......I really didn't have fun at the begining too many non-masquerders jump up in my band the security was lousy....but at the end there all got kick out. I lost my pendent- haitian/gold chain it must pop when I got to the judgeing area !!.......just competely madness. I don't hear too many people saying good stuff about ramajay truck ,I hear lot of good complitments about the grenadian truck,sesame flyers and Borokette !!!!
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    Haitain truck had some unfortunate issues with audio. I got the call late late on Monday to provide sound but it was too late and not enough notice.. Sad but I am sure they will come back bigger and better next year...

Credits
    I was with Boroketes and sesame Flyers!

here are a few pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them-img00312-20110905-1637.jpg   Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them-img00344-20110905-1749.jpg   Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them-img00342-20110905-1745.jpg  
    Last edited by Conscious; 09-06-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    Those who want to see you fail are the fuel to your success!
    - Conscious

www.lavepunch.com

Credits
    But wait. Weh yuh seh? I thought that I didn't see the Haitian trucks because I was too close to the museum and they didn't reach up in time.

That was my main disappointment.

Totee lickin shotz Bajan_bedroom_bully's Avatar Bajan_bedroom_bully is offline
    Credits
    A few from the weekend...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them-_dsc5500.jpg   Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them-_dsc5012.jpg   Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them-_dsc5680.jpg   Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them-_dsc6287.jpg  

Labor DAY 2011 on The Parkway in Sound and Pics....Post them-_dsc7152.jpg  

sharkie
    Who de FOCK does let Sparrow go on stage so???

Steupsss

Totee lickin shotz Bajan_bedroom_bully's Avatar Bajan_bedroom_bully is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    Who de FOCK does let Sparrow go on stage so???

Steupsss
    Doan mek joke girl... Sparrow mash up de place, had all the ole girls throwin them panties on stage

Pebbles362436

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Well, make no mistake about it, The Parade on Eastern Parkway is the best in N.A., don’t let them fool you. Real Flags, Real Unity, endless Revelers, Women wining up on anything…men wining up on anything ( SMH), boy, some real shameless what they wining up on.……But this is we Thing !
    If it is pretty mas you looking to play, then, is not for you…anyway, this year was a surprise…I saw no Haitian trucks on the Parkway, not even one….. no idea what happened…unless they went first !

Anyway, the Band with the Best Vibes on the Parkway is a toss-up between Greenz ( Spice) and Borokeete Mas Band….each owned the parkway in their own unique way…..Spice hit a home run by capitalizing on the success of Kirani James, by far the best display of flags and unity….

Borokeete closed it out with a true display of unity and real vibes coming down the Parkway from start to finish, they turned on to the parkway with something to prove…and they did, Sesame Flyers had no answer for them, I guess DJ Spice( one of the handful of DJs I respect) had an off day, selections were weak !

Aww thanks Pine. The love and support from the crowd on the parkway was overwhelming

Aww thanks Pine it was very clear which mas band shut down the Parkway.lol The love, support and positive energy from the crowd on the Eastern Parkway was overwhelming from the time we entered. Our Borokeete Queen came in first place and she made me really proud of her again. :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last edited by Pebbles362436; 09-07-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Credits
    Good job Borokeete!!! You guys must have got to the staging area late so I left before you got there..

Ramajay....more hype than substance. How did Shi##y Shakedown sound?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast