Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fastboyRD

Thread: The Dominican Republic

Credits

The Dominican Republic

Has anyone been to carnival in the Dominican Republic, as I will be heading there next month, any advice?

Credits
    Unfortunately, we never got around to this one, the youtube videos was never really appealing, but, assuming you can speak some sort of Spanish, any carnival get away is worth it for the experience........you bring your Jamaica flag with you right?

Take pics and you let us know how it is....itvseems more like a dance parade with marching bands, etc...but just the thought of these Top A Toppa spanish women.....i would be all in just to go to their local spots, that alone is worth.....safe travels.

Credits
    I know this post is old but just to clarify : We don't have a standard Dominican carnival. Each province has it's own carnival and and they are all "unique" in their own way. I personally don't like carnival at all (like most people from the Eastern part of the country ) but people from la Vega, Santiago, etc, are very passionate about it.
    socapineman likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by fastboyRD View Post
    I know this post is old but just to clarify : We don't have a standard Dominican carnival. Each province has it's own carnival and and they are all "unique" in their own way. I personally don't like carnival at all (like most people from the Eastern part of the country ) but people from la Vega, Santiago, etc, are very passionate about it.
    Where is the best one ? ....meaning, ppl dancing, not watching a parade ?