Thread: Carnival 2K5 Parade of the Bands DVD

Credits

Carnival 2K5 Parade of the Bands DVD

anyone bought this DVD? i bought it at a store in the airport and it does not play on my DVD player but plays on my roommates mac laptop. anyone know what the scene is with this and what i can do to be able to play it on the DVD player, if anything?????

thanks

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by hotandgroovy
    anyone bought this DVD? i bought it at a store in the airport and it does not play on my DVD player but plays on my roommates mac laptop. anyone know what the scene is with this and what i can do to be able to play it on the DVD player, if anything?????

thanks
    HG, Wassup babes.

~Q~
    Credits

thanks
    Can you tell me if Tribe is on it? (since they went off the air right before we crossed) I was going to buy it but the sales clerk couldn't tell me for sure.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by zenzele1
    HG, Wassup babes.

hey dahlin! how you is???? i'll link you on IM....

Credits

thanks
    Hey chic... i vex i ent get to see yuh
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Pebbles362436

thanks
    If it's the one that Advance did they will replace that copy of that dvd with a new one for you.

Q yep Tribe is on there however it's down town. I'm waiting to see what 2k5 looks like.

Credits
    Is that the bootleg one that only has 50 minutes on it?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bunjigarlindarlin
    Hey chic... i vex i ent get to see yuh

where were you?
    did you end up playing mas or what?
    i didn't get to see anyone. i happened to see zenzele on the road in tribe.....

pebbles: so what should i do with the one i have then

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Honikane

no it shouldn't be bootleg cuz i bought it at the airport and it was in a packaged case. i relaly hope they didn't sell me bootleg DVD. but like i said it played on the mac lap top and apparently it is some formatting issue....

but i want to play it on my regular DVD so i can play it on a big screen to enjoy it more, so i can pretend i was in trini again and relive the expereince :p

Pebbles362436
    where were you?
    did you end up playing mas or what?
    i didn't get to see anyone. i happened to see zenzele on the road in tribe.....

pebbles: so what should i do with the one i have then
    I just email them about it. I'll see if you can give it to Bake n Shark and I'll have them overnight a new copy to you next week. But the airport is also a legit distributor so it should not be a problem for them to replace that copy for you.
    Last edited by Pebbles362436; 02-18-2005 at 05:01 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Honikane
    It is not bootleg. My understanding is that they are coming out with a 2nd full DVD. This one is a shorter version.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436
    I just email them about it. I'll see if you can give it to Bake n Shark and I'll have them overnight a new copy to you next week. But the airport is also a legit distributor so it should not be a problem for them to replace that copy for you.

oh ok, well i don't have my reciept. this is what the DVD says on it (just to make sure we talking bout the same one):

Trinidad and Tobago
    Carnival 2005
    Parade of the Bands

and there is a picture of a woman in mas costume (looks like tribe mojave 2k4) on the right side and then there is a man in some kinda scary ting, me ent know....

let me know and i will surely send it back to them for a reformatted DVD....

thanks much!!!!

Pebbles362436
    oh ok, well i don't have my reciept. this is what the DVD says on it (just to make sure we talking bout the same one):

Trinidad and Tobago
    Carnival 2005
    Parade of the Bands

and there is a picture of a woman in mas costume (looks like tribe mojave 2k4) on the right side and then there is a man in some kinda scary ting, me ent know....

let me know and i will surely send it back to them for a reformatted DVD....

thanks much!!!!
    No problem. But yep that's it. It should not be a problem to exchange because I don't think you'll come on imix and make up that you purchased it and having problems. They are normally very efficient when it comes to stuff like that. So as long as they have the bad copy then it should not be a problem to replace. I'll pm you the other info that I'll need from you and Monday I have to talk to them anyway. So I'll let you know.
    Last edited by Pebbles362436; 02-18-2005 at 10:44 PM.

Credits
    I bought the same DVD probably at the same store in Piarco. I watched it on my cousin's X-box and didn't have a problem. It was about 45-50 minutes long but it's a nice DVD. I have no regrets about my purchase. Oh by the way I was told by the sales lady that it's just parade of the bands on Tuesday. There is also a bonus feature with some fetes like 15-20 minutes long.

Credits
    I was in Cleve's the other day buying the 96.1 Soca Switch cd, which IMO is an excellent mix. Anyways, the old lady was actually trying to dissuade a customer from buying that Parade of the Bands dvd. I don't think she had a very high opinion of the content.