In the blogs

Array
(
    [wp_posts] => Array
        (
            [ID] => 5423
            [post_author] => 27
            [post_date] => 2014-08-23 10:00:04
            [post_date_gmt] => 2014-08-23 14:00:04
            [post_content] => National Security Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Gary Griffith, promised criminals that they will "pay the price" for attacking law enforcement officials after a shoot out occurred earlier this week in Freeport in central Trinidad leaving three of the bandits dead.

“If criminal elements who feel that they could fire now, who feel that they are so bold and feel that they could shoot and fire at law enforcement officers, as I said before and I say again, deadly force would be met with deadly force," Mr Griffith said.

“You cannot expect criminals to shoot at law enforcement officers and the officers are just going to speak to them and talk them out of it and then I hear statements of people saying they should shoot them in the legs and so forth, that’s ridiculous.”

The police said that they were visiting a house to execute a search warrant when they were fired upon by occupants of the building. The officers returned fire hitting the three men who were pronounced dead.

The three executed were identified as 27-year-old David "Junior" Baker, 23-year-old Ruben Richens, and 19-year-old Kareem Edwards. Richens and Edwards were also identified to be suspects wanted for several murders and shootings that have occurred in the Northern Divisional Area.

"All three were shot in the front. They were face to face with the police. Their hearts were punctured and there were no bullet entrance wounds from their backs. They were not sitting or laying down and they had all died from internal blood loss," forensic pathologist, Dr. Valerie Alexandrov said.

Officers said they recovered two firearms, two bullet-proof vests and several spent shells.

Mr. Griffith said that the law enforcement officers would continue to "take appropriate action" when fired upon and that all cases involving officers will be thoroughly investigated.

"I think we have a very competent Police Complaints Authority and they will look at the situation, the police will not cover anything they feel that is wrong and I as the Minister of National Security... has no intention of turning a blind eye. If I see something is wrong I would not just not cover it, I would root it out and deal with it and that would also include rogue elements of the police service and the Defence Force...".
            [post_title] => Trinidad Security Minister Offers Criminals A Strong Warning
            [post_excerpt] => 
            [post_status] => publish
            [comment_status] => open
            [ping_status] => closed
            [post_password] => 
            [post_name] => trinidad-security-minister-offers-criminals-strong-warning
            [to_ping] => 
            [pinged] => 
            [post_modified] => 2014-08-23 02:44:24
            [post_modified_gmt] => 2014-08-23 06:44:24
            [post_content_filtered] => 
            [post_parent] => 0
            [guid] => http://islandmix.com/blog/?p=5423
            [menu_order] => 0
            [post_type] => post
            [post_mime_type] => 
            [comment_count] => 0
        )

    [wp_terms] => Array
        (
            [name] => Trinidad and Tobago
        )

    [wp_users] => Array
        (
            [ID] => 27
            [user_login] => switter
            [user_pass] => $P$B6sMZbcV9GZZilsC91OzT4NPQRGgIK0
            [user_nicename] => switter
            [user_email] => switter@islandmix.com
            [user_url] => 
            [user_registered] => 2014-03-07 22:11:16
            [user_activation_key] => 
            [user_status] => 0
            [display_name] => Sanje Witter
            [spam] => 0
            [deleted] => 0
        )

)

Trinidad Security Minister Offers Criminals A Strong Warning

August 23, 2014
1

National Security Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Gary Griffith, promised criminals that they will "pay the price" for attacking law enforcement officials after a shoot out occurr...Continue reading

Array
(
    [wp_posts] => Array
        (
            [ID] => 5415
            [post_author] => 27
            [post_date] => 2014-08-22 10:00:05
            [post_date_gmt] => 2014-08-22 14:00:05
            [post_content] => A judge who has issued an arrest warrant for former Haitian President, Jean Bertrand Aristide has asked the police to use force if necessary bring him before the court. The lawyers representing Mr. Aristide have filed a motion seeking to remove investigation judge Lamarre Belizaire whom they believe has been operating from a biased perspective.

Rumours had been dispatched that Judge Belizaire had revoke the warrant in light of the motion filed against. He was quick to dispel such rumours  “I issued a arrest warrant for Mr. Aristide and I don’t know what takes the police so long to bring him before me, because they know where he is, I heard rumours that I had waived the arrest warrant. I want to say that it is absolutely false.The warrant still holds and I am still the judge in charge of the inquiry and nothing has changed in that regard.” declared Judge Belizaire.

Aristide and several of his former colleagues have been accused of embezzling hundreds of millions from the state through his organization, Aristide for Democracy Foundation. Supporters of the former president have gathered near his home in Tabarre district, as means of showing their support. Aristide fled the Country in 2004 before returning in 2011 from South Africa after spending seven years in exile.
            [post_title] => Haiti Issues Arrest Warrant for Jean Bertrand Aristide
            [post_excerpt] => 
            [post_status] => publish
            [comment_status] => open
            [ping_status] => closed
            [post_password] => 
            [post_name] => haiti-issues-arrest-warrant-jean-bertrand-aristide
            [to_ping] => 
            [pinged] => 
            [post_modified] => 2014-08-21 23:54:00
            [post_modified_gmt] => 2014-08-22 03:54:00
            [post_content_filtered] => 
            [post_parent] => 0
            [guid] => http://islandmix.com/blog/?p=5415
            [menu_order] => 0
            [post_type] => post
            [post_mime_type] => 
            [comment_count] => 0
        )

    [wp_terms] => Array
        (
            [name] => Haiti
        )

    [wp_users] => Array
        (
            [ID] => 27
            [user_login] => switter
            [user_pass] => $P$B6sMZbcV9GZZilsC91OzT4NPQRGgIK0
            [user_nicename] => switter
            [user_email] => switter@islandmix.com
            [user_url] => 
            [user_registered] => 2014-03-07 22:11:16
            [user_activation_key] => 
            [user_status] => 0
            [display_name] => Sanje Witter
            [spam] => 0
            [deleted] => 0
        )

)

Haiti Issues Arrest Warrant for Jean Bertrand Aristide

August 22, 2014
1

A judge who has issued an arrest warrant for former Haitian President, Jean Bertrand Aristide has asked the police to use force if necessary bring him before the court. The lawyers...Continue reading

Array
(
    [wp_posts] => Array
        (
            [ID] => 5410
            [post_author] => 27
            [post_date] => 2014-08-21 10:00:18
            [post_date_gmt] => 2014-08-21 14:00:18
            [post_content] => Triple World Record Holder and Jamaican Sprint King Usain Bolt has revealed that he will no longer contemplate retiring in 2016. Instead he says he will look to do so after the World Championships in 2017 after his sponsors asked him for one last year. The six time Olympic gold medallist initially had the intentions to hang up his boots after the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil but told the media he will be definitely competing for an extra year should everything go well.

"I think I'm going to do another year. My sponsors asked me to do one more year, so I will compete until 2017," said the 27-year-old Jamaican. When asked about coaching after retirement from the track, he was quick to throw the idea out declaring that he would not be enthused to work with someone such as himself. "After seeing what I put my coach through in training, I would never want to go through the same thing with anyone else" said Bolt, with his usual laughter.

He was quick however to remind everyone that he still has an ambition to try football. "I will try football to see if I am any good at it, you never know, until you try, but my interest is there" said Bolt, who revealed that as his current plans for the future.  Bolt's last appearance on the track could see him participate in his sixth World Championships in London, should he be ready for the said competition to be held in Beijing next year, the place where he first set the world a light with his triple world record runs in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m respectively.

 
            [post_title] => Sprint Star Usain Bolt Delays Retirement As Pressure from Sponsors Mount
            [post_excerpt] => 
            [post_status] => publish
            [comment_status] => open
            [ping_status] => closed
            [post_password] => 
            [post_name] => sprint-star-usain-bolt-delays-retirement-pressure-sponsors-mount
            [to_ping] => 
            [pinged] => 
            [post_modified] => 2014-08-21 01:12:21
            [post_modified_gmt] => 2014-08-21 05:12:21
            [post_content_filtered] => 
            [post_parent] => 0
            [guid] => http://islandmix.com/blog/?p=5410
            [menu_order] => 0
            [post_type] => post
            [post_mime_type] => 
            [comment_count] => 0
        )

    [wp_terms] => Array
        (
            [name] => Sports
        )

    [wp_users] => Array
        (
            [ID] => 27
            [user_login] => switter
            [user_pass] => $P$B6sMZbcV9GZZilsC91OzT4NPQRGgIK0
            [user_nicename] => switter
            [user_email] => switter@islandmix.com
            [user_url] => 
            [user_registered] => 2014-03-07 22:11:16
            [user_activation_key] => 
            [user_status] => 0
            [display_name] => Sanje Witter
            [spam] => 0
            [deleted] => 0
        )

)

Sprint Star Usain Bolt Delays Retirement As Pressure from Sponsors Mount

August 21, 2014
1

Triple World Record Holder and Jamaican Sprint King Usain Bolt has revealed that he will no longer contemplate retiring in 2016. Instead he says he will look to do so after the Wor...Continue reading